• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

They probably just want to get rid of the three episodes with Danny's bad audio since people asked them to put them up anyway.

I wont even lie, i haven't been this stoked about Game Grumps is months. DOAX3 is great, Dead Rising 2 was great, we are finally getting some one-offs again. I want this to last just a bit longer.

I enjoy Game Grumps the most when they do Sonic games. Sonic 06, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Sonic Adventure were all fantastic.

They need to do Sonic Adventure 2 ASAP.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I enjoy Game Grumps the most when they do Sonic games. Sonic 06, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Sonic Adventure were all fantastic.

I love when they do Mario. 3D World was some of the most fun I've ever seen them have. If there's a way for Danny to screw Arin over in a co-op game, it's always great. It's the main factor in why I really need Nintendo to crap out a sequel already. It's been longer since 3D World than it was between Galaxy and Galaxy 2. Maybe. I dunno. I didn't do the math.

I wont even lie, i haven't been this stoked about Game Grumps is months. DOAX3 is great, Dead Rising 2 was great, we are finally getting some one-offs again. I want this to last just a bit longer.
Well we know they just did the 7th and final Dead Rising 2 episode of their "trial period". So I predict after today's episode of random shit with low Danny voice, they'll probably go back to Dark Souls 3 again tomorrow.

Unless they find more shit to put up.

Or decided to immediately continue Dead Rising again.

I kind of want them to go back to Zelda, but goddamn the DOAX episodes are entertaining as shit. So I give it a pass.

Boobs.

Edit: Oop... I guess they have more than just three episodes before they get back on track.

My inner fanboy is in so much pain when they do Sonic.

They have legitimate gripes but Arin takes it as an excuse to just suck at the game and blame it for all his problems.

Worst was him and Ross just heckling ProJared's run of S3&K. I liked when Arin starts off by saying he hates it because "there's nothing to it, you just go" and then is amazed that Jared is finding all the secrets. Yeah, if you explore instead of just mindlessly holding right you can find this stuff. Mario is the exact same thing so what the hell?

sonto340

My inner fanboy is in so much pain when they do Sonic.

They have legitimate gripes but Arin takes it as an excuse to just suck at the game and blame it for all his problems.

Worst was him and Ross just heckling ProJared's run of S3&K. I liked when Arin starts off by saying he hates it because "there's nothing to it, you just go" and then is amazed that Jared is finding all the secrets. Yeah, if you explore instead of just mindlessly holding right you can find this stuff. Mario is the exact same thing so what the hell?
Yeah it's annoying when Danny doesn't know anything about a game and Arin just insists it's garbage, and colors his opinion.

New show on GrumpOut, hosted by Barry, that feels sorta like Sequelitis? He talks about the Skyward Sword sky, I was thinking of posting it's own thread but I'm not sure if I should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYgDqWW6ho

Unnecessary extra skyward sword hate aside.... It's a good video. It's basically sequelitis starring Barry and a touch more focused.

(edit) Also... this wasn't the return of Pokemon art academy... sad face.

Does every single Grump HAVE to ape Arin's/Jon's comedy style? It's really obnoxious. Barry's presentation style in his new series is a complete face lift of Arin's. "And we're gonna talkaboutthing....*coughs* this is totally not a planned outtake of me coughing ANYWAYS WHABAM *sound effect plays and screen shakes*"... just ad nauseam. The whole "I'm super awkward and make bad jokes ironically" shtick can be funny but when everyone is doing it, it becomes super tired.

I don't really care for Suzy as a comedian and feel like she isn't all that funny but she at least she has her own defined style. Same thing with Dan. He's super charismatic and has lived an interesting life so he uses his experiences to create comedy. The rest of them just tend to fall back way too much on slurred speech and pointing out obvious things in a monotone, mocking voice. I guess that appeals to a lot of people but it makes a lot of episodes a chore to get through for me.

New show on GrumpOut, hosted by Barry, that feels sorta like Sequelitis? He talks about the Skyward Sword sky, I was thinking of posting it's own thread but I'm not sure if I should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYgDqWW6ho
Enjoyed it, save for the running coughing gag. I personally liked Skyward Sword a lot, but the Sky is something I don't think I've seen any one express their love for. That makes it a good element to focus on.

The core idea of the video is something that appeals to me too. Focussing on trying to fix bad things with small tweaks and polish is a concept you can get a lot of use out of. It can apply to all sorts of games, both good and bad. I'd say if he turns it into a series, it should deserve its own thread.

Reknoc

woah yesss, sometimes i just completely ignore the channel and then i'm like "man i want to listen to dan" so I'll check it out so it's always to see something I wanted. In this case it's Dan playing that shitty PS4 Godzilla game which is something I've been waiting for since finishing up watching that nes game,

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, Mad Dog is awesome. Such terribleness from the early shaky days of "realistic" video games. Weren't they LaserDisc-based arcade games originally?

Does every single Grump HAVE to ape Arin's/Jon's comedy style? It's really obnoxious. Barry's presentation style in his new series is a complete face lift of Arin's. "And we're gonna talkaboutthing....*coughs* this is totally not a planned outtake of me coughing ANYWAYS WHABAM *sound effect plays and screen shakes*"... just ad nauseam. The whole "I'm super awkward and make bad jokes ironically" shtick can be funny but when everyone is doing it, it becomes super tired.

I don't really care for Suzy as a comedian and feel like she isn't all that funny but she at least she has her own defined style. Same thing with Dan. He's super charismatic and has lived an interesting life so he uses his experiences to create comedy. The rest of them just tend to fall back way too much on slurred speech and pointing out obvious things in a monotone, mocking voice. I guess that appeals to a lot of people but it makes a lot of episodes a chore to get through for me.

Psst... Barry was the editor for sequelitis and helped write the scripts... Maybe, just maybe, it's not Barry copying Arin, but Barry just being Barry.

Village

Please for all that is holy , one of them has at least read the old king authur stories, and sees the inherent hilarity of shadow being sir lancilot

RetroMG

Please for all that is holy , one of them has at least read the old king authur stories, and sees the inherent hilarity of shadow being sir lancilot

I'm pretty sure Dan has. I have a vague memory of him talking about the story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

I'm pretty sure Dan has. I have a vague memory of him talking about the story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

Yeah, I want to say that Dan is versed in medieval lore moreso than Arin. I would say Dan has an above average knowledge of it based on things he's said and his interest for fantasy stuff like that~

Opens Zelda Ocarina of Time: Finale - PART 84
Sees video length is 42 minutes
No fairies
Hover Boots

Lenny-Listening-The-Simpsons.gif

Top Bottom