• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Industry Data 2017 - Hardware #s, PC revenue, Digital vs Physical, F2P & more

How are you browsing the Steam store? And how do you browse the PSN store? I find it extremely bizarre that you can't find new games that interest you just by browsing the Steam store.

I browse Steam using the filtered lists and I tried to use the discovery queue. It has been a while (a few months) since I used them last, so I admit they may have improved somehow since then. But I gave up the last time I tried because there was just so much stuff that looked uninteresting, and only a few interesting titles in amongst them.

PSN provides some recommendations (but it's more limited than Steam's discovery queues), but I have discovered a few titles this way. Also, I often just browse PSN by game genre and even A-Z to see what's on the store. What's there is manageable enough to be able to do this.

There is a lot of "your preconceptions are wrong" data here about the last 5 years, but I am depressingly unsurprised to see consoleGAF focus like a laser on "WOW LOOK AT ALL THAT SHIT ON STEAM, PC MARKET SO BROKEN"

'Steam has too many games' is certainly an interesting new take on the fake Steam alarmism we've seen from console-only types on here the past 5 years.

Top Bottom