• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer #189, Scores, Loose Talk, Ect

Blast Processing said:
Wasn't there a post on this forum by someone working at GI that explained that they review games based on how they think GameStop customers will like them? There you have it.

:lol :lol :lol

We rate games according to how we think people will like them, not how they actually are.

Rpgmonkey

Jtyettis said:
Loose Talk:
Final Fantasy XIII Release Update:

We're hearing that the release date for Final Fantasty XIII is starting to come into view. SE plans to bring the game out in Japan during the 2009 holiday season, with a US release sometime in 2010. This could be as early as the summer of 2010 or as late as holiday 2010.

lol

Shouldn't be a whole year though unless something screws up or they decide to sit on the game for whatever reason.

The Jer said:
So, they're still doing character models of the band members. :(
Figured as much, but I still want an option to play without the venue/models.
Just a visualizer (e.g. Tool venue) or a black background or something would be great.

Any info on disc exports or use of DLC new game?

Any hardware changes or additions??

I'm going to miss my Tool arena if we don't get an equivalent.

Reallink

We're hearing that the release date for Final Fantasty XIII is starting to come into view. SE plans to bring the game out in Japan during the 2009 holiday season, with a US release sometime in 2010. This could be as early as the summer of 2010 or as late as holiday 2010.

Wow. Is Last Remnant SE's first proper in house current gen title?

ZeoVGM

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
They rate them according to how they think the game will be accepted by the general populous. So yes.

... That doesn't make sense. Didn't they give the Mario Party games like 3.0's back in the day, even on N64 and GC? And those are games that the general populous eats up and enjoys.

YuriLowell said:

We rate games according to how we think people will like them, not how they actually are.

Hey, I'm just paraphrasing something I saw probably a year or more ago. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm sure someone else reading this knows what I'm talking about.

NichM

Banned
I have the issue in front of me, and I'm looking at their "top 10 lines in gaming" feature, which I might note doesn't include "What is a man?" or any other lines from Symphony of the Night. Anyway, #7 is "..." attributed to "Hundreds of NPCs, Most Japanese RPGs to date." The reason for its inclusion:

Game Informer said:
What is this even supposed to mean? A cool glare from a villager who doesn't trust you? A moment of silence from the elder whose daughter was killed in a bandit raid you couldn't stop?" Fawning puppy dog eyes from a spunky kid who idolizes your freewheeling ways? Most likely it's an overworked localization team taking shortcuts, but we'll never know. And it will bother us forever.

And I just wanted to ask: What the shit, GI?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dallow_bg said:
I thought FFXIII was supposed to be worldwide.................
This is what I was thinking. Especially when they said way back that their new strategy would be to tighten up on their worldwide releases. Unless it's this whole 360 clause that may be holding the game back?

Log4Girlz

At this rate FFXIV or however the fuck 14 is spelled out in roman numerals will actually skip the next-generation all together and hit the fucking PS5.

Epcott

FFXIII summer 2010 :lol :lol :lol

wat!?

When I was young and thought of 2010, I thought of space stations and AI named Dave, not the release date for a FF game.

ha ha oh man 2010 (wipes tears from eyes) guuud one!!

There could be any reason but I think SE wasn't/isn't fully prepared for HD generation yet. They should send their devs for internship at Capcom.

May be SE is waiting for "1 billion" HD console userbase before releasing FFXIII. :lol

Anything approaching a 9 for World at War is unthinkable.

Oh, Game Informer. It must be hard only using 30% of your ratings scale because you don't want to discourage subscribers from runnin' back into GameStop.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiquidMetal14 said:
This is what I was thinking. Especially when they said way back that their new strategy would be to tighten up on their worldwide releases. Unless it's this whole 360 clause that may be holding the game back?

lol, They never said FFXIII would be a world wide release.

smallsoft

Its going to be Holiday 2010, we can thank Microsoft for that.

Due to the agreement, Square-Enix must release the U.S. version of FFXIII on both X360 & PS3 simultaneously.

The Dev-team has already said they are not going to start working on the X360 port until the PS3 version is done.

BOTTOM LINE, Port + Translations = An extra year

Gattsu25

Banned
Blast Processing said:
Wasn't there a post on this forum by someone working at GI that explained that they review games based on how they think GameStop customers will like them? There you have it.
It was regarding their Paper Mario & the 1K Year Door review for the GC, IIRC (I butchered the name of the game...never played it...sue me) and yeah...they explained that they liked the game, but didn't expect it to sell well in Gamestop stores, so they gave the game a 3.0 to reflect their sales expectations

YuriLowell said:

QFT

they actually said that in their magazine regarding a complain about a 6.75 score to Paper Mario: TTYD on gamecube. Since then I ignore their trash reviews

Top Bottom