• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer June Cover - Gears of War 3

LosDaddie

Banned
So, uh, what is RDR?

Diablohead said:
The dudes all being sleeveless also :lol

I ain't got time to bleed
jesse-ventura--124221984619531500.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
You know, it's funny. The more over the top and crazy this shit gets the more and more I grin. Just something about Gears!

Dyno

_dementia said:
it's like a western GTA

At least and old west GTA can't have cell phones.

Clip-clop clip clop BRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!!!

Hello?

Eh hombre, it's me, Greasy Pedro! The school teacher is showing off her ankles again. You want to check it out an get a can of beans or something?

Dyno said:

Hello?

Eh hombre, it's me, Greasy Pedro! The school teacher is showing off her ankles again. You want to check it out an get a can of beans or something?

:lol :lol :lol

h3ro

RSTEIN said:
You know, it's funny. The more over the top and crazy this shit gets the more and more I grin. Just something about Gears!

BAIRD IS ACTUALLY WEARING HIS GOGGLES.

hype.

Edit: false alarm. He's just squinting. :/

legbone said:
the biggest news to me (and hell it may not even be news) was deadpool being confirmed for mvc3. spoiler alert (if possible for a fighting game, but i'm a junior so better safe than sorry)
if you spam his teleport too much the machine will malfunction with comic results. he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponent with his health bar.
Haha, that's pretty damn awesome. So hype for this game.

legbone

yes, the article had gameplay screens. at least they looked that way too me. as a matter of fact, i am a huge wolvie fan but i just don't like the way he looks in this one. too round shouldered or something. i can't put my finger on it. i think the art style may divide the masses. looks great to me but it is highly stylized.

edit: i am talking about mvc3 of course.

as for the little big planet 2 coverage. i truthfully did not remember that lbp2 was in this mag until someone pointed it out in this thread. granted i flipped through and read 2 reviews (RDR and split second) and read a little of the MVC3 article. so i did not spend much time with it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
legbone said:
yes, the article had gameplay screens. at least they looked that way too me. as a matter of fact, i am a huge wolvie fan but i just don't like the way he looks in this one. too round shouldered or something. i can't put my finger on it. i think the art style may divide the masses. looks great to me but it is highly stylized.

edit: i am talking about mvc3 of course.

as for the little big planet 2 coverage. i truthfully did not remember that lbp2 was in this mag until someone pointed it out in this thread. granted i flipped through and read 2 reviews (RDR and split second) and read a little of the MVC3 article. so i did not spend much time with it.

Anything about LBP2?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
legbone said:

So you don't have access to the mag anymore?

LBP info? :(

legbone said:

fuck...

Speevy

Banned
They all have faces like "Hey man those strippers were awesome. Let's go get some beers!" and the woman is all "Don't forget about those monsters behind you."

Speevy said:
They all have faces like "Hey man those strippers were awesome. Let's go get some beers!" and the woman is all "Don't forget about those monsters behind you."

Yea....I thought that it made no sense...

I must get this, I want LBP2 info!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Speevy said:
When was the last time a GI cover had a game without shooter elements?

Epic Mickey
Portal 2
Beatles: Rock Band

-MB-

Dyno said:

Hello?

Instead of that u use morse code to enable cheats :D

U2NUMB

Just got my copy... the RDR score put a smile on my face.

New Ghost Recon info sound very solid. I like what they are doing with the co op.

Gears article looks very impressive.. photos alone show some pretty damn impressive settings.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Speevy said:
Nagging female stereotype confirmed.

And here's a fun game for your GI magazines: Count the number of times the word "generally" is used.

Even though the quality of the writing is a little suspect, Game Informer's covers kick ass. A lot of magazines could learn a thing or two about style and layout from them.

Cep

Banned
While I do not like the fact that they picked Anya, I do like the fact that the woman is neither overly-sexualized nor asexual.

Good job epic.

Now if you could only have the guys lay off the steroids...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
legbone said:
the biggest news to me (and hell it may not even be news) was deadpool being confirmed for mvc3. spoiler alert (if possible for a fighting game, but i'm a junior so better safe than sorry)
if you spam his teleport too much the machine will malfunction with comic results. he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponent with his health bar.
If Rouge and Jill come back, then I'll buy this.

I still want Squirrel Girl as a beyond god-tier character, though.

JambiBum

Cep said:
While I do not like the fact that they picked Anya, I do like the fact that the woman is neither overly-sexualized nor asexual.

Good job epic.

Now if you could only have the guys lay off the steroids...

There is a reason that they picked Anya.

The COG government has basically fallen apart because of Jacinto sinking, so now all of the soldiers and everyone have become members of the stranded. There aren't many actual soldiers left so they need everyone possible. Hence why they have Anya now.

Cep

Banned
JambiBum said:
There is a reason that they picked Anya.

The COG government has basically fallen apart because of Jacinto sinking, so now all of the soldiers and everyone have become members of the stranded. There aren't many actual soldiers left so they need everyone possible. Hence why they have Anya now.

I understand that, but I question why epic specifically used Anya.

Not a big deal really.

I do not think it is a 'bad' move, just one I do not particularly like.

Dyno said:

Hello?

:lol :lol :lol

Laughed too hard at this.

Top Bottom