• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Reviews Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 10/10

guek

Banned
I know this is really dumb but I feel like rewarding nintendo with a sale if this game really is that big of a departure. Ya know, encourage more experimentation. I was never too interested in PH or ST but this...i might buy this

Castcoder

Banned
I think this will be the first 3DS game I pick up this year. I'm pretty excited for it as long as it stays far away from Phantom Hourglass mechanics.

You missed Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion. Animal Crossing, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario & Luigi, and Pokemon X/Y? Get thee to a nunnery!

Was it the same reviewer who gave SS a 10/10 or just the same magazine? A positive review from someone who rated SS that highly might actually dampen my enthusiasm for ALBW. Either way, I hope the game actually lives up to the score this time.

Nibel

GI one of only two reviewers that I trust, so this is definately my GOTY. Sorry, Last of Us.

I'm sorry but The Last Of Us is a truly epic emotional roller coaster that makes me cry every time I put the Blue Ray disc into my PS3 because feelings are so strong with this one; I mean you can see the sadness in Joel's eyes and Link's eyes in ALBW are not recognizable because Nintendo thought it was a good idea to release a clearly outdated handheld with no future in a few months so that the texture resolution on his eyes is garbage - Naughty Gods eat EADliens for breakfast, that's the new world order and I hope you are well aware that for every perfect score ALBW receives The Last Of Us gets a point more in my book (It's currently at 12/10)

So, no, sorry man

I agree, SS is an 11.

CloseLaptop-1.gif

Sadist

Ha.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are better than Link's Awakening.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH SON

No. Phil Kollar reviewed Skyward Sword while he worked here. This is my second Zelda review for GI, after doing The Wind Waker HD a couple months ago. Like I said earlier, I would have given SS a 9.

The only Zelda games I would give a 10 to are A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and this one.
Oooooooooh hype rising

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Was it the same reviewer who gave SS a 10/10 or just the same magazine? A positive review from someone who rated SS that highly might actually dampen my enthusiasm for ALBW. Either way, I hope the game actually lives up to the score this time.

No. Phil Kollar reviewed Skyward Sword while he worked here. This is my second Zelda review for GI, after doing The Wind Waker HD a couple months ago. Like I said earlier, I would have given SS a 9.

The only Zelda games I would give a 10 to are A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and this one.

I'm curious what they say in the magazine about the sound in the game. That's already been impressive from the trailers...I wanna know more!

Not shocked but kind of surprised.

There's no way Nintendo would fuck up a topdown Zelda game.

The previews I have seen of the dungeons make it look the opposite of dull.

All the buzz on this game in the last week or two had it pegged as the real deal. This is just one review, but coming from Game Informer this is an incredibly good sign.

Soooo hyped for this, I just crashed through the ceiling and am now orbiting the Earth.

I'm sorry but The Last Of Us is a truly epic emotional roller coaster that makes me cry every time I put the Blue Ray disc into my PS3 because feelings are so strong with this one; I mean you can see the sadness in Joel's eyes and Link's eyes in ALBW are not recognizable because Nintendo thought it was a good idea to release a clearly outdated handheld with no future in a few months so that the texture resolution on his eyes is garbage - Naughty Gods eat EADliens for breakfast, that's the new world order and I hope you are well aware that for every perfect score ALBW receives The Last Of Us gets a point more in my book (It's currently at 12/10)

So, no, sorry man
ifFXsWnxD0YxP.gif

I'm so excited for this. Probably the only game that might unseat Bioshock Infinite as my GOTY.

I don't know everything about the rental mechanic but it seems neat enough from the reviews. I'm still hoping there are some items to find in the world though.

I think Skyward Sword is like a 9.5 myself. Def not a 10 in my book. But I don't think in the realm of reviews you can compare scores like that, as many know (they differ across reviewers, software cycles, etc.). These statements probably don't need to be said, but we'll have to wait for more reviews! Either way, I was worried it was going to turn out to be like a 7 game, and that doesn't seem to be the case now.

RagnarokX

I, too, like jokes.

You know what, I have to agree. I played Link's Awakening for the first time this year on 3DS and although it's a good game it's much simpler and has a lot dragging it down. People complain about Fi being annoying in Skyward Sword, but Skyward Sword has nothing on Link's Awakening. Super slow messages constantly popping up if you so much as graze an interactive object without the correct item equipped, bosses literally telling you how to beat them. I don't get why people hate on the DS games. Apart from the visuals they're really solid games with great dungeons, characters, and plots.

But all Zelda games are pretty much 9-10 games. There's not that much difference in how great they are.

Great to hear. I still think the renting mechanic might be a sticking point for some reviewers, but generally I trust Dan's opinion on games, particularly Zelda titles. I need me an XL.

Top Bottom