• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Reviews Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 10/10

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
XVWn3R9.gif

#dead

Didn't a lot of reviewers claim that Skyward Sword was better than Ocarina of Time? I'm taking this review with a grain of salt. Actually, none of the reviews will probably mean anything about its quality. This is zelda after all. We'll see how good this game fares when the dust settles a few months from now and people can look at it in a level headed way.

Neiteio

And then Skyward Sword can finally be acknowledged as the fantastic game that it is.

The biggest problem a Zelda game faces is, quite simply, the installment that came before.
Majora's Mask is still better than everything that came after Majora's Mask and everything that came before Majora's Mask.

#truthfact

Anth0ny

The guy from GI who reviewed this said only alttp, ocarina of time, and this game, would he give a 10/10.

Well majoras mask is better than all of them soooooooo

For me, Zelda-Metroid-Mario is the holy trinity of video games. It's the reason I'll probably never skip a Nintendo console, unless they allow them all to become terrible. Even then, morbid curiosity may prevail.

That feel when you realize there won't be a Wii U Metroid =(

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Didn't a lot of reviewers claim that Skyward Sword was better than Ocarina of Time? I'm taking this review with a grain of salt. Actually, none of the reviews will probably mean anything about its quality. This is zelda after all. We'll see how good this game fares when the dust settles a few months from now and people can look at it in a level headed way.

Skyward Sword isn't anywhere near as good as Ocarina.

CrazyDude

GAF's inner gamefaq comes out everytime a new console is close to release. It the only explanation for the rise of comparing dicks.

The guy who reviewed this said he'd give ss a 9/10, and ocarina 10/10

Okay...im done repeating that...

Majora's Mask is still better than everything that came after Majora's Mask and everything that came before Majora's Mask.

#truthfact

You take it back.

Majora's Mask can't be the best because each Zelda gets better with... time. :-D

But, on-topic - ALBW just sounds fun, and I can't wait for it. Bring on the good times.

Gsnap

Already too hyped for this game for reviews to matter. Give it a 10, give it a 3. I don't care. Everything I've heard about this game sounds like exactly what the Zelda formula needs.

Out of order dungeons? No NPC bugging you where to go? Wow, this game just went from really low to #1 on my hype list. Want to hear more.

wth...got a digital GameInformer Ipad subscription since last month. I can't access this new issue without having to pay again? I thought that new issues were automatically loaded. Any tips?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Guys don't get all silly debating if A Link Between Worlds or The Last of Us is GOTY, because that title has long been reserved for The Wonderful 101.

Hearing this shakes up the formula is good. I have this strange excitement to play A Link Between Worlds not just because it's the next handheld Zelda, but for insight in what kind of mindset the team will have for Zelda Wii U.
154214.gif

On topic : More than the score, the points raised by the review make me confident about ALBW. Can't wait to see it for myself.

Ninjimbo

To be fair, Gamespot has given the last few Zelda's lower than the press score average scores, as have other outlets. I think Skyward Sword had real problems but was mostly an amazing game, and I think that was fairly recognized at the time.

Interestingly, in playing Wind Waker HD myself, I find my view of the game has improved over time, rather than gotten worse (which is what had happened with most Zelda games of the modern era, at least for me).
Even the Gamespot scores, although considered low, weren't so low as to imply that they were bad games. The SS reviewer ended up admitting he played the game wrong too which caused the lower score. With fans though, you'll find no shortage of people shitting on certain games in order to prop up whatever entry they deem their favorite. It's annoying and so filled with bias that their opinions have become worthless.

Regarding the other thing, Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zeldas. I love everything about it when I replayed it in HD, but my opinion has changed a little bit after replaying Twilight Princess. I'm saving my thoughts for another time, but I'm on the sixth temple, and I can't begin to fathom how this game deserves even an ounce of hate. I just don't get it. TP is probably the best game in the series given any criteria.

Even the Gamespot scores, although considered low, weren't so low as to imply that they were bad games. The SS reviewer ended up admitting he played the game wrong too which caused the lower score. With fans though, you'll find no shortage of people shitting on certain games in order to prop up whatever entry they deem their favorite. It's annoying and so filled with bias that their opinions have become worthless.

Truth.

Regarding the other thing, Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zeldas. I love everything about it when I replayed it in HD, but my opinion has changed a little bit after replaying Twilight Princess. I'm saving my thoughts for another time, but I'm on the sixth temple, and I can't begin to fathom how this game deserves even an ounce of hate. I just don't get it. TP is probably the best game in the series given any criteria.
Rupee use / economy.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds good, not that I care what anyone says at this point, game was pre-ordered long time ago :)

Jamix012

The save system was horrible though. I don't get why they didn't just do it like Ocarina. No owl shit.

Long rant as to why. Short version: You're held to your own mistakes and time wasting. if you could just save and load anywhere at any time there'd be no sense of urgency as you could just save at key points and not worry about fucking up.

It's really nice to see some praise for Twilight Princess. I think it's such a fantastic game with my personal favorite overall atmospheric aesthetic in any Zelda. Also has some of my favorite dungeons along with Skyward Sword. Personally I thought the two Wii installments were among the best of the franchise.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So basically my favorite game ever gets a sequel that may be good enough to be my new favorite game ever.

Kirlia

Banned
Wouldn't change anything? Even how it looks?

That is a matter of opinion.

Anyway, I'm a little surprised at the high score, considering that Spirit Tracks got an 8 some time ago...I was not expecting a Zelda handheld game to get a perfect score! Was anything about the story or plot mentioned? Like, anything about it being good/better than expected?

Top Bottom