• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's Guessable Cover: Elders Scrolls Online [Move to details thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofist

Let's think of time-honored features of the TES franchise that couldn't possibly work in an MMO. I'll start:

• Being able to kill whoever you want
  • Being able to steal from whoever you want
  • Being able to use stealth to sneak up on enemies
  • Being able to create spells

Can't you do all that in WoW, save for creating spells perhaps? I mean you have a whole class based on sneaking up and killing so I don't know why you think that would not be possible.

Have you ever played an MMO?

spirity

Can't you do all that in WoW, save for creating spells perhaps? I mean you have a whole class based on sneaking up and killing so I don't know why you think that would not be possible.

Have you ever played an MMO?

You can't kill anyone you want. Try attacking your quest giver in WoW, or your trainer, or the merchant, or anyone that's been placed on your 'side'. WoW is the posterboy for the fairground mmo model.

Acosta

Well, I read the feature, aside of the screens, there are pretty cool things, I loved the PVP part, it´s clear Firor is on front and some of the ideas look pretty cool.

Very disappointed it´s not real time though. The stamina mechanics with blocks and so sounds ok, but they are not enough for me. I don't like it has classes. Looks quite traditional in parts -even its cooler parts are things from the past like the description of PVP in Cyrodiil, but I don't complain about that-.

Wait and see I guess.

Marleyman

Banned
I have never played an MMO but love the Elder Scrolls franchise. Not sure how to feel about this as I would prefer another SP game.

Third person, no real time combat, no player housing, cannot become a werewolf or vampire(because of online balance issues?), looks like a medieval reskin of SWTOR. No thanks.

Add not skill based but class based, not talking about crafting (going to be trash to follow the theme park style), large areas of many provinces inaccessible, already planning expansion content.

Pure utter trash.

Abylim

To everyone saying "zomg bethesda isnt making this it will be fine" look at fallout 3 > new vegas. Bethesda made 3, obsidian made nv. Still buggy as all fuck.

So you know what, some of us associate Elder scrolls with bugs. Like some people do with fallout.

Heres hoping it isnt the same. Heres hoping its completely bug free and fucking fantastic. But its an elder scrolls game. Thats what matters.

Yes, most are just saying Bethesda is making it, but even taking that away, and saying its someone else isnt very comforting to me, atleast.

Defnitely a wait and see, for me.

EDIT: Yes, I'm a ps3 player, which after thinking about it, could be a lot of my issue. This is being developed for PC, so thats a plus.
Also, sorry if this has been mentioned already, read the first 4 pages and thought I'd chime in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom