• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam's thing is that he reads, almost everything. They even joke about it in season 2. He is finding something else in those piles of scrolls he has to copy. I think either Bran says something or Sam finds something. I'd prefer it if Bran finally said something useful to someone but I'm not hopeful.

It would be dumb if Sam found out about Jon through the scrolls. Why would there be any record? We even know there wasn't a Maester present when Jon was born.

Unless, I guess, if Rhaegar and Lyanna were actually married somehow and a religious leader, who would be trained to keep records, performed the ceremony and made a record. Were Targs cool with multiple wives?

If Rhaegar and Lyanna weren't married I can't see how there would be any record for Sam to find, and so it would the secret would have to come from Bran.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait no I'm thinking of the lannisters forget it.

wandering

Banned
Someone pointed out that he's skinning a stag in that scene (Baratheon) and in the season 3 deleted scene with Pycelle he's fishing (Tully).

Nameless

black sails tried to copy this scene, with dickon instead of tywin

it didn't work nearly as well

2DRpBck.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Obyren and Euron's introductions were pretty badass, too.

[edit]

Ramsay's was good as well. Actually, most characters get good introductions.

Khaz

People died in childbrith constantly during medieval times. Do you really think Tywin Lannister is not smart enough to realize this isn't really a legitimate reason to hate his son?

Being smart doesn't shield you from irrational hatred though. Having a dwarf as a child is super shameful, especially in a noble family. Everybody hates and mock dwarves. Add to that the fact that the beloved spouse died in childbirth adds injury to the insult. Tywin Lannister said it himself in a fit of rage when Tyrion confronted him.

I'm more interested in how you managed to clue that strange and interesting theory that the Lannister trio aren't Tywin's. I can't see anything that would hint at such in the whole 7 seasons.

pablito

Do you think Davos will ever speak to his wife again?

Agreed.

Edit: Stannis is one of my favorite characters from this show. It's weird that he gets so much hate.

It's very easy to hate Stannis. His introduction was allowing people to be burned alive for religion. His wife looked like she was getting off on it. He burned Shireen alive. Come on man.

I miss this Night King. The new one looks like an idiot.

No he doesn't, he looks less menacing but still menacing nonetheless.
The one we have now actually looks ready for combat.
night-walker-king.gif

Though I do prefer this one's look, I could never see him fighting as well as Season 6's Night King can, he looks less physically imposing.
The-Night-King-913301.jpg

It's prob gonna be Jon and Dany's child. Remember when Melisandre gave birth to that Shadow baby? It'll be like that. Light baby will save everyone. Love wins.

No chance we're going to wait for Jon and Dany's child. They won't probably live to consummate anything, lol.

Speevy

Banned
Being smart doesn't shield you from irrational hatred though. Having a dwarf as a child is super shameful, especially in a noble family. Everybody hates and mock dwarves. Add to that the fact that the beloved spouse died in childbirth adds injury to the insult. Tywin Lannister said it himself in a fit of rage when Tyrion confronted him.

I'm more interested in how you managed to clue that strange and interesting theory that the Lannister trio aren't Tywin's. I can't see anything that would hint at such in the whole 7 seasons.

Jaime and Cersei feel bound by some bond they can't explain to have incestuous relations with each other.

Cersei in particular is prone to fits of rage and constantly talks about burning things to the ground, and eventually does.

Jaime views his sister with the same amount of growing distrust as he did the mad king.

Tywin says he wanted to carry his son into the sea on the day he was born.

Tywin tells Tyrion "You're not my son." Now if he meant this as another way to say "I hate you.", why not just say that? He may well be telling the truth.

Tywin was hand of the king to Aerys Targaryen and was forced to obey his every whim even as he slipped further into madness. It would not be a stretch to suggest that this arrangement included bedding Joanna Lannister, Tywin's wife and cousin.

Tywin will not make Tyrion the heir to Casterly Rock, opting instead to end his own line rather than let him do this. Again, simply being a dwarf doesn't explain why he thinks this way except that he's not really a Lannister.

Tyrion has a mysterious affinity for dragons. Everyone else who comes near dragons is met with hostility, but Tyrion immediately warms to them.

Robert wins the rebellion and kills the Targaryens but is uncomfortable even around members of his own family.

Tywin is overcompensating for his own inability to produce legitimate offspring by constantly berating his "children".

Cersei and Jaime are both innocent of the crimes perpetrated by Littlefinger and Lysa at the series' impetus. The Starks and the "Lannisters" are thus part of the same game, two sides of the same coin.

Dany feels the need to almost instantly trust Tyrion despite the fact that they barely have anything in common.

Tywin hates both the Baratheons and the Starks but is more than happy to destroy Aerys' entire family with their help.

It's a tinfoil theory that will never happen on the show because they have no time, but had it actually been true, there would be no evidence disproving it either.

What do you guys think will happen with Bronn? I'm assuming he will be captured and Tyrion will try to recruit him to Dany's side. But who is he loyal to at this point? Tyrion, Jamie, or gold? The fact that Bronn abandons his gold to save Jamie seems to hint that he will remain loyal to the lannisters. That and he still has a wife and castle in King's Landing that he probably wants to go back to rather than hanging around Dragonstone.

sangreal

Do you think Davos will ever speak to his wife again?

Agreed.

Edit: Stannis is one of my favorite characters from this show. It's weird that he gets so much hate.

since when does Stannis the Mannis get hate? he was pretty well liked here before he burned Shereen alive

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What do you guys think will happen with Bronn? I'm assuming he will be captured and Tyrion will try to recruit him to Dany's side. But who is he loyal to at this point? Tyrion, Jamie, or gold? The fact that Bronn abandons his gold to save Jamie seems to hint that he will remain loyal to the lannisters. That and he still has a wife and castle in King's Landing that he probably wants to go back to rather than hanging around Dragonstone.

It could well be he's been helping Jamie out of loyalty to Tyrion as well, he knows Jamie is the only person other than him that Tyrion actually likes. So because he couldn't protect Tyrion, as that would have involved fighting the Mountain, he tries to protect his brother.

This could go a few different ways and it will be interesting to see how they play it.

Khaz

It's a tinfoil theory that will never happen on the show because they have no time, but had it actually been true, there would be no evidence disproving it either.

It's a tinfoil theory that comes from the books. Now whether or not you're spreading that shit on purpose I don't know, but the arguments come straight from written material.

Especially this bit, and any other that involves the relations between Tywin and the mad king:
Tywin was hand of the king to Aerys Targaryen and was forced to obey his every whim even as he slipped further into madness. It would not be a stretch to suggest that this arrangement included bedding Joanna Lannister, Tywin's wife and cousin.

Is laid straight in the gameofthrones.wikia, book section of the Joanna Lannister article I went to read because I was wondering if I missed anything watching the show. Turns out I didn't, I just wasn't privy to some extra reading material.

Speevy

Banned
It's a tinfoil theory that comes from the books. Now whether or not you're spreading that shit on purpose I don't know, but the arguments come straight from written material.

Especially this bit, and any other that involves the relations between Tywin and the mad king:

Is laid straight in the gameofthrones.wikia, book section of the Joanna Lannister article I went to read because I was wondering if I missed anything watching the show. Turns out I didn't, I just wasn't privy to some extra reading material.

No, Tywin straight up says he was hand of the king under your father's predecessor to Joffrey.

Moff

Hmmm.... okay. Ignore my post then. lol

I thought it was a huge deal when I saw it.

Just pretend I'm not even here, guys pls. It's less embarrassing that way.

If you think it's
Bran watching the Night King and him noticing it, that is something we have seen before

Nameless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mlhnt0jMlg

Timestamp is around1:03

I've been in this thread for so long and I'm still not sure about the etiquette for trailer discussion.

Official trailer and preview talk is fair game, it just has to be tagged.

And yes I watched it more times than I can count. Are you implying
that's Jon behind the Night King? Looks like the lower body of a White Walker to me.

Yeah. Does it really not stand out for you guys?

That's Beric. He lit his Sword on fire during Season 3 too.

FiggyCal

Banned
If you think it's
Bran watching the Night King and him noticing it, that is something we have seen before

It's about a second or two after that.

It's Beric with the flaming sword. I thought that lightbringer, a flaming sword,
was a give away that he was Azor Ahai

The confusion is my fault. I should have been more clear.

-griffy-

Banned
Hmmm.... okay. Ignore my post then. lol

I thought it was a huge deal when I saw it.

Just pretend I'm not even here, guys pls. It's less embarrassing that way.

Are you talking about
Bran
? It looks like (promo/trailer spoilers)
he's warging into a raven and scouting out where the white walkers are and the Night King spots him. Not really a big deal? Surely this is simply what's going to lead to the scene in the promo for the next episode, with Jon getting the letter saying Bran saw the walkers marching to Eastwatch.

Oh. We've seen Beric with a flaming sword before.
Richard-Dormer-as-Beric-Dondarrion-lighting-his-sword.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom