• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you not seen the 2nd trailer for Season 7? Are we not discussing a certain thing that happened in it?

It could be major spoilers if people haven't seen it. I assumed we all did though.

No man. That's Beric Dondarrion using wildfire on his sword to light it up.

It's not lightbringer and not is he the Prince that was promised.

Plum

Alright I say we go back to pretending I'm not here.

Don't worry, nobody saw your face:

image.php

Speevy

Banned
The words prince who was promised, lightbringer, lord's chosen, and other phrases have been bandied about. You'll have to link me to the words "Azor Ahai" being uttered though.

Khaz

No, Tywin straight up says he was hand of the king under your father's predecessor to Joffrey.

Dude, you mention they are cousins, you get some wild assumptions of what were Tywin / the mad king relations (which I'm sure are not at all laid out in the books), you even use the same wording (bedding).

I'm sick of people coming here with "crazy theories they just thought up", when three seasons later we find out they were, oh so coincidentally, exactly to the point. Stuff like Jon Snow parentage, or some more insidious backstory stuff, like "oh, I wonder what happened to Nymeria, which I remember the name for no specific reason. It would be crazy if she were to lead a pack of wolves in the northern countryside, right?"

If you can't help yourself, there's a book thread for you to discuss all your "crazy theories".

Speevy

Banned
Dude, you mention they are cousins, you get some wild assumptions of what were Tywin / the mad king relations (which I'm sure are not at all laid out in the books), you even use the same wording (bedding).

I'm sick of people coming here with "crazy theories they just thought up", when three seasons later we find out they were, oh so coincidentally, exactly to the point. Stuff like Jon Snow parentage, or some more insidious backstory stuff, like "oh, I wonder what happened to Nymeria, which I remember the name for no specific reason. It would be crazy if she were to lead a pack of wolves in the northern countryside, right?"

If you can't help yourself, there's a book thread for you to discuss all your "crazy theories".

I'm not doing anything that isn't presented in the show. You guys are the ones posting leaks as speculation on every page.

Nameless

I miss this Night King. The new one looks like an idiot.

No he doesn't, he looks less menacing but still menacing nonetheless.
The one we have now actually looks ready for combat.
night-walker-king.gif

Though I do prefer this one's look, I could never see him fighting as well as Season 6's Night King can, he looks less physically imposing.
The-Night-King-913301.jpg

No chance we're going to wait for Jon and Dany's child. They won't probably live to consummate anything, lol.

I like them both. The original has this weird heir of nobility about him that worked really well for an ancient demon king. The new one is definitely more sinister. The long pointy face and close set eyes give him a satanic quality. Plus he's bigger and convincing carrying around that huge ice cleaver.

Khaz

I'm not doing anything that isn't presented in the show. You guys are the ones posting leaks as speculation on every page.

Keep telling yourself that.

[edit] You're not the only one, I agree. but shit like this is why I rarely come into this thread. You're no better.

Speevy

Banned
i don't think azor ahai was ever mentioned directly

My point exactly. Stop dogpiling me as though there's a show purity going on here.

The OP is very clear that the separation of the threads is now because the two types of posters don't jibe well together.

I'm not spoiling events from the books.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

There's nothing in the show that would lead anyone to that speculation.

This isn't the first time you've referenced something like that, people have been confused, and you said it was a book theory.

Speevy

Banned
Keep telling yourself that.

[edit] You're not the only one, I agree. but shit like this is why I rarely come into this thread. You're no better.

I don't have to tell myself that.

DON'T CLICK THIS POST

I'm done if you're pitchforking me out of the thread, but this shit happens EVERY FUCKING PAGE.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My point exactly. Stop dogpiling me as though there's a show purity going on here.

The OP is very clear that the separation of the threads is now because the two types of posters don't jibe well together.

I'm not spoiling events from the books.

i'm not a book reader, but I don't think there's really much, if anything left to spoil

azor ahai as far as i know is really just the prince that was promised and they've basically said all the same stuff in the show as in the books (as far as i know, i haven't read them)

i'm not a book reader, but I don't think there's really much, if anything left to spoil

azor ahai as far as i know is really just the prince that was promised and they've basically said all the same stuff in the show as in the books (as far as i know, i haven't read them)

Yeah, they're pretty much the same thing. The "legend" has quite a few names.

Speevy

Banned
There's nothing in the show that would lead anyone to that speculation.

This isn't the first time you've referenced something like that, people have been confused, and you said it was a book theory.

Thinking about secret Targaryens, Arya's faceless manning everyone, fanficing everything, or just drawing paralells with past events as this show has done umpteen bazillion times is as much a part of the show as it is part of the books.

Khaz

The mention of Azor Ahai is a good way to spot book readers, or people who spoiled themselves with wikis and whatnot. Every time someone mentions the God of light by name in a story discussion, I know they're up to no good.

No he doesn't, he looks less menacing but still menacing nonetheless.
The one we have now actually looks ready for combat.
night-walker-king.gif

Though I do prefer this one's look, I could never see him fighting as well as Season 6's Night King can, he looks less physically imposing.
The-Night-King-913301.jpg

Like pure muscle has anything to do with it. It's like saying the T-1000 looks weak and therefore can't put up a fight.

I like the old Night King because he looks less physically imposing. Like he doesn't need it. And that face... just looks scarier.

molnizzle

I watched the Stannis intro but didn't hear Azor Ahai. Please someone help me out.

Maybe it was to Jon when she was at Castle Black? I thought for sure I caught her say "and he shall be Azor Ahai, the prince who was promised" or something at some point during my re-watch last year.

Wvrs

I read the books about six years ago (so it's pretty hazy now!) and I don't think there's anything left in them the show's going to do that hasn't already been done, don't worry about it going forward although it's always shitty to have things ruined. Jon's parentage was always going to be a difficult one to stay unspoiled on because it's pretty much all but confirmed as early as the first book.

Still, we're all in the same boat now, and it's teleporting all over the god-damned place.

DopeyFish

The mention of Azor Ahai is a good way to spot book readers, or people who spoiled themselves with wikis and whatnot. Every time someone mentions the God of light by name in a story discussion, I know they're up to no good.

It's not really spoiled, though. The stannis intro basically went through the entire prophecy. I prefer saying azor ahai because prince that was promised sounds dorky.

Maybe it was to Jon when she was at Castle Black? I thought for sure I caught her say "and he shall be Azor Ahai, the prince who was promised" or something at some point during my re-watch last year.

I think you may actually be right. Perhaps it was when she was going over the prophecy when she said in the flames I saw snow

I understand the frustration, but this specific example is bullshit. I haven't spoiled anything for myself. That name has been thrown around by publications and people involved with the show for many seasons now and all it did was add a proper noun to a prophecy that exists in the show.

Like pure muscle has anything to do with it. It's like saying the T-1000 looks weak and therefore a bad villain.

I like the old Night King because he looks less physically imposing. Like he doesn't need it. And that face... just looks scarier.

Don't think he looks weak, just don't see him fighting one on one like his White Walker cronies.

lmi7ZSB.png

His face doesn't look any less scarier than the new NK imo. Plus the new NK's actor is a stuntman who doubled for the Tower of Joy fight back in Season 6, meaning any fight scenes featuring him will probably be amazing, I'm not sad to see Hardhome Night King leave.

Khaz

It's not really spoiled, though. The stannis intro basically went through the entire prophecy. I prefer saying azor ahai because prince that was promised sounds dorky.

It's not spoiling, it spots potential spoilers. I'm almost certain the name itself was never said in the series, they only talked about the god of light, or the promised warrior. But I'm definitely not googling that name to make sure.

Don't think he looks weak, just don't see him fighting one on one like his White Walker cronies.

His face doesn't look any less scarier than the new NK imo. Plus the new NK's actor is a stuntman who doubled for the Tower of Joy fight meaning the fight scenes featuring him will probably be amazing, I'm not sad to see Hardhome Night King leave.

Do you think he'll actually have a full on fight with weapons? He always seemed to me to be more of a manipulator of dark magic or something. Mind you that never stopped Saruman from busting out the staff.

Volimar

Guys if you think someone is breaking the rules, PM a mod, don't shit up the thread with this back and forth.

Speevy is just doing the same wild speculation that everyone else is doing.

Besides we all know that Hodor survived the door and is the real prince who was promised.

Do you think he'll actually have a full on fight with weapons? He always seemed to me to be more of a manipulator of dark magic or something. Mind you that never stopped Saruman from busting out the staff.

I think so, think the showrunners couldn't have doubles in Night King makeup and settled for one who could fight and look sinister enough.

Think he'll do both the manipulating and the fighting when it comes down to it. He has that weird weapon (falchion?) that he struck the 3ER with last season so I see him fighting with that and magic.

Think he'll do both the manipulating and the fighting when it comes down to it. He has that weird weapon (falchion?) that he struck the 3ER with last season so I see him fighting with that and magic.

Yeah he did. He saves that for finishing moves.

I wonder if the Night King will have like a discussion with Jon at some point. Like before the show down.

With a Scottish accent.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

lmi7ZSB.png

His face doesn't look any less scarier than the new NK imo. Plus the new NK's actor is a stuntman who doubled for the Tower of Joy fight back in Season 6, meaning any fight scenes featuring him will probably be amazing, I'm not sad to see Hardhome Night King leave.
I kinda can't see him fighting tbh. Unless it's with a bunch of people who have Valyrian steel. White walkers tear through people like it's nothing.

Lucario

I'm not upset about the Azor Ahai/TPWWP thing at all, but this right here is not even a little OK:
I don't have to tell myself that.

DON'T CLICK THIS POST

I clicked the link absentmindedly, with the knowledge that leak discussion is banned here, and scrolled back to realize you're accusing that poster of posting leaks as speculation.

Which means you read the leaks. Which means I just got spoiled.

Unless I'm missing something here, PLEASE edit your post before someone else does the same thing. People who have been spoiled by the leaks shouldn't be confirming people's theories.

DopeyFish

I wonder if the Night King will have like a discussion with Jon at some point. Like before the show down.

Can they even talk? Remember that one episode when the leaders raised their spears on their horses and let out a sound that was a lot like LOTR ring wraiths? Like a shrill scream?

But then again I still have no idea how they had a deal with that dude and the baby males

D and D said they had debated writing dialogue for him in Hardholme but decided against it to maintain the air of mystery and force if nature feel to the White Walkers.

That said I wouldn't put it past them.

KarmaCow

That's why I really really hated the origin being revealed. Took quite a bit of mystique away from the white walkers.

I didn't need it either but I do like that they definitively showed that they are not things that can be negotiated with. They are firmly established as little more than walking magic weapons that grew too powerful for their creators. It's a nice contrast to the rest of the elements of the series centred around politicking and scheming.

Hyun Sai

I guess he would know Lyanna the same way he know Brandon and Eddard
Yeah, sure. Know enough to be a confident like you implied ? I don't buy it. The "revenge" theory may be plausible without that detail anyway.

Anyway, I just think nothing indicates Littlefinger had nothing to do in anything regarding Robert rebellion. Especially when he was just basically a young fool in love with not enough maturity to start some long elaborated evil con.

Have you not seen the 2nd trailer for Season 7? Are we not discussing a certain thing that happened in it?

It could be major spoilers if people haven't seen it. I assumed we all did though.

No man. That's Beric Dondarrion using wildfire on his sword to light it up.

It's not lightbringer and not is he the Prince that was promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom