• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Tonight we pour one out for SS Abandoned plotlines.
pfSPal1.jpg

You served us well.

Hnnnnggg, that was fucking immense.
Even without any big action scenes this show is too good. Season is really hitting it's stride as expected.

Such a badass group, but yeah, with all my favourite characters together I'm worried about who makes it back alive.

rucury

Banned
Does anyone know what that letter Arya stole could be? This is all I got from trying to pause and read.

”... is dead, killed from wounds he took in a ..... Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters...... King's Landing and swear fealty to King Joffrey and..... Your faithful sister, Sansa"

Gendry's reintroduction was perfect. I also love that he's smart. None of the naive protag bullshit. Fuck and that Ultimate Alliance at the end...holy shit

Side note, calling it now, Sansa and Arya are playing Littlefinger. The pack survives and the lone wolf dies. STARK SISTERS! ASSEMBLE!

VeeP

hearing the "inside the episode" at the end with the showrunners makes me feel like the audience knows the story better than they do sometimes.

one of the Ds says "when people watch Daenerys's scene, hopefully there will be people who can decide for themselves whether what she did was justice or insane etc"

but everyone should be saying what she did was insane. The 100% most sensible thing to do would be to take the Tarlys prisoner. Not burn them alive.

unless I'm wrong and people think it's a better idea to just kill more people after a battle.

The main problem is she keeps saying "I'm different". But she's just doing what Cersei would do. The easy thing to do is to kill people and rule with fear.

vaderise

Robert to Ned: You've got fat

Jon to Gendry: You got leaner
Too bad it's not an actual mirror.
I wonder if i'm only one that wanted Jon to remain a bastard, not being some Targaryen dude. He's better off being Ned's son.
And that way he wouldn't hit his aunt you know

Volimar

Does anyone know what that letter Arya stole could be? This is all I got from trying to pause and read.

”... is dead, killed from wounds he took in a ..... Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters...... and swear fealty to King Joffrey and..... Your faithful sister, Sansa"

It's the letter that Cersei had Sansa send to Robb after Robert died to try to convince him to bend the knee. Littlefinger made sure Arya saw him with it and planted it so she'd find it and it would serve to sew animosity between the sisters.

Why wasn't Ed, the fucking lord commander there to meet Jon, or to free the prisoners???

Edd's at Castle Black, the prisoners and Jon are at Eastwatch by the sea.

BTW everyone saw Eastwatch on the map in the opening? Nice.

So Jon has more claim over the Seven Kingdoms than Dany?

Lol, he'll never know what he's worth confirmed.

Too bad it's not an actual mirror.
I wonder if i'm anyone that wanted Jon to remain a bastard, not being some Targaryen dude. He's better off being Ned's son.
And that way he wouldn't hit his aunt you know

I think he'll remain as "Snow" after all. Finding out he's a secret Targaryen price who is supposed to inherit Westeros will be too much.

jfkgoblue

Hiding the fact that Jon is a trueborn Targaryan (and thus has a better claim to the Iron Throne than Dany) in a scene that they knew everyone would tune out cuz duck the Sam plot this season....

Also that team is fanfic as fuck

zsynqx

hearing the "inside the episode" at the end with the showrunners makes me feel like the audience knows the story better than they do sometimes.

one of the Ds says "when people watch Daenerys's scene, hopefully there will be people who can decide for themselves whether what she did was justice or insane etc"

but everyone should be saying what she did was insane. The 100% most sensible thing to do would be to take the Tarlys prisoner. Not burn them alive.

unless I'm wrong and people think it's a better idea to just kill more people after a battle.

It's not that black and white but killing them with fire definitely seemed excessive.

OrionX

There was a lot of information to process in this episode.

The return of Gendry! And that savage burn about Jon not measuring up to Ned! lol

Cersei's sudden pregnancy sure is a convenient way to ensure Jaime's loyalty just as it's beginning to waver! I think she lying.

Littlefinger's pulling some shit. Sansa v. Arya battle incoming. Arya's stealth skills got nerfed hard in this episode! :(

wiibomb

“… is dead, killed from wounds he took in a ….. Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters…… King's Landing and swear fealty to King Joffrey and….. Your faithful sister, Sansa”

I need to see the full quote too. I'm not sure what are the implications of what littlefinger found

I have a feeling that Dany will meet up with Jon next episode. Maybe with all 3 dragons beside her.

I also dont think Arya will fall for LF's trap, especially with Bran around.

She's the breaker of chains though....breaker.
are you metaphorically saying that somehow even though the other Tarly didn't know about the murder of his brother and father, his spirit of becoming a maester was "broken"
and won't get his chains?
The main problem is she keeps saying "I'm different". But she's just doing what Cersei would do. The easy thing to do is to kill people and rule with fear.
so you agree then that the showrunners sound kinda nuts if they expect people to be divided about whether Dany was right or wrong?

that was the main point of what I was trying to say...I've been losing respect for them lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom