• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the Night King looks at all those crows and made them disperse, I felt like he bitch slapped Bran.

Yup.

Westeros doesn't deserve him.

True. Jon is too good for them.

Some things felt off for me this episode. Littlefinger seemingly looking like he knew Arya was following him, hard to buy. One was trained by the greatest assassin in the world the other owned a brothel...

Also Dany non reaction to Jon Snow caressing Drogon and not getting his hand eaten. Even for Dany it took awhile to tame Drogon but she shrugged it off like it was something normal, I expected more of a reaction.

Yeah. His move seemed to know too much about what she could do. It was weird.

Actually while she didn't really say anything, she did have a reaction while sitting on top of her dragon. She was definitely surprised, with a look of "What's going on here??".

I feel like we may be in for a serious game of cat and mouse between Arya and Littlefinger, with Sansa caught in the middle.

Yup. I think she'll fall for it for a while, since they just had their argument, but hopefully in the end Arya and Sansa scheme together to take him down in response.

tumblr_ounkf9bVsD1r6imkto1_540.gif
giphy.gif

Gendry is 100% dead. They basically brought him back just to wrap up his story. When you think about it that applies to almost everyone going with Jon. None of their stories feel like there's much left to them (except maybe Tormund) it's why I think they are all dead.

Wouldn't surprise me. At least he had more screen time and lines than Rickon and Dickon.

True compassion

Burned a son right next to his father.

She gave them the choice of life. Cersei would have just killed everyone. Dickon and Randall chose death. This is what happens during war. Based on you logic and the logic of everyone shit posting about Dany, Jon is also just as bad as Cersei. Jon killed a kid (Ollie) and was also responsible for getting innocent people killed.

The One and Done™;246085028 said:
She gave them the choice of life. Cersei would have just killed everyone. Dickon and Randall chose death. This is what happens during war. Based on you logic and the logic of everyone shit posting about Dany, Jon is also just as bad as Cersei. Jon killed a kid (Ollie) and was also responsible for getting innocent people killed.

Jon has done wrong, no doubt.

Meowster

Dany gave those men a free chance to live. Their honor was the reason they died tbh, kinda thought everyone was being a little extra about that. I thought she did the best thing in that scenario.

FiggyCal

Banned
I mean i think this is a side effect of not having the books to guide the way, and also HBO really speeding up the pace. Every episode now shit is happening fast. There isnt any filler travel episodes where the clever writing used to shine to flesh out the characters. Every move now is just a piece on the chess board making a play.

Some breathing room would be nice. I think it's way too much too quickly.

pestul

So this whole Northern Avengers heist scheme.. is this going to result or be the catalyst that lets the Night King come past the wall? It seems to be setting up that way.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Doesn't make it right
By law of Westeros the Tarlys would have been executed by any Lord; Ned, Stannis, Jon, etc. They would have been executed on sight for their oath breaking. The hell is this idea that betraying the house you owe allegiance to is suddenly a non executionable offence.

Jesus, Sansa had a man eating alive by his dogs as a means of executing him, and I can bet you Jon knew what happened.

Gendry is 100% dead. They basically brought him back just to wrap up his story. When you think about it that applies to almost everyone going with Jon. None of their stories feel like there's much left to them (except maybe Tormund) it's why I think they are all dead.

Jon can't marry Dany but Gendry can. The south won't follow an outsider but maybe if she marries the rightful King...

Alright episode. Nothing really happened. Pretty sure a lot of people are gonna complain about how much we skipped around, but my only legitimate complaint was about Bronn and Jaime getting out of the river and ending up in King's Landing without running into any problems. How fucking far are we assuming Bronn swam underwater carrying Jaime? And Dany and the rest of her army just kind of ignored them? What?

Best part was acknowledging the rowing meme that was Gendry.

Worst part is that Sandor Clegane is now north of the wall. What happened to Cleganebowl?

Syrus

Banned
Gendry is 100% dead. They basically brought him back just to wrap up his story. When you think about it that applies to almost everyone going with Jon. None of their stories feel like there's much left to them (except maybe Tormund and the Hound) it's why I think they are all dead.

Nah, hes going to inherit storms end and will take his fathers last name

You really think Jon would've had them killed knowing that they're Sam's brother and father?

I think also you might've misunderstood what I'm saying - basically what I meant to say was I think Jon & Dany's arcs are going to be very hand in hand so that's why when I think of one, I also think of the other..

Jon probably wouldn't had he known, he'd leave that up to Sam, would probably make them join the Nights Watch...but bringing that into the argument is stupid since to Dany they are no one, they're traitors who turned their back on Olenna and now refused to bend the knee.

No, I get it, and in this case it just makes your "what would jon/dany" do even worse since, well, I just wrote about that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gendry is 100% dead. They basically brought him back just to wrap up his story. When you think about it that applies to almost everyone going with Jon. None of their stories feel like there's much left to them (except maybe Tormund and the Hound) it's why I think they are all dead.

Gendry has that Baratheon plot armor, he'll live.

Wait...

Jon has Valerian Sword.

Baric has a fucking D&D Flametongue +9 vs. Undead.

Gendry has a fucking World of Warcraft Doomhammer.

--it's like a supped-up Chaotic Neutral D&D group. All hate each other, but all have the same goal - kicking White Walker ass!

LOL

Can I put this on my Facebook?

reKon

Banned
The One and Done™;246085028 said:

All the people here calling Dany evil/unjust is really puzzling to me.

Does that mean the past fucking 6 seasons they've been bitching the entire time?

Arya will probably get the upper hand by using the face of that blonde LF was passing messages to.

I don't know if Arya will kill an innocent to get a face.

I still think Sansa is up to something though, the way Bran reacts, or doesn't react to her is really telling and everyone is ignoring it.

VeeP

The army wasn't excuted, the Tarlys were. Do you think Ramsay should have been spared as well? Or do you not believe that Jon would have executed Lord Umber and Karstark if they survived the battle? Jon told Sansa that their punishment would have been death.

Do you think Jon in Dany's position would've burned them alive with a Dragon or executed them with the sword himself? Which do you think Cersei would've done?

Do you think if Jon was in Dany's position and Davos told him Jon, lock these people in a dungeon they'll change their minds he'd be like fuck that burn them?

I'm not saying Jon is better. I'm not saying Cersei is better.

I'm just saying that Dany isn't better. And overall, I'm okay with that. I'm just tired of Dany acting like she's better than everyone who's come before.

FiggyCal

Banned
LF has to be getting played, if not Arya and Sansa are dumber then I thought and their arcs have taken a step back.

Well Arya is still a kid, so Littlefinger outsmarting her isn't exactly unimaginable. But I do think she's playing Littlefinger. If she were really smart, she'd take the note to Bran and ask him what he knows about it.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
This was a great episode; superb season so far but one thing the show took a hit on was the actual written dialogue. It's not as good as it used to be on this show. It's way more average now.

In some case sure but this time, I disagree.
You really think Jon would've had them killed knowing that they're Sam's brother and father?

I think also you might've misunderstood what I'm saying - basically what I meant to say was I think Jon & Dany's arcs are going to be very hand in hand so that's why when I think of one, I also think of the other. In general though, of course, every character's perspective is important...the Arya & Sansa scenes were intriguing tonight. It's hard for me to pinpoint what they think of each other.
The dad that told Sam fuck off or I'll kill you during a hunt? The dad stripped Sam of all his inheritance and rights due to hating his eldest son? Yeah, Tarly's would have been executed. Ned Stark didn't even hesitate to execute the oath breaking Night's Watchman.

All the people here calling Dany evil/unjust is really puzzling to me.

Does that mean the past fucking 6 seasons they've been bitching the entire time?

No. The field of fire episode happened and woke some people up. They were like "Oh shit, Dany is actually killing people with a Dragon in Westeros!?!?"

I mean i think this is a side effect of not having the books to guide the way, and also HBO really speeding up the pace. Every episode now shit is happening fast. There isnt any filler travel episodes where the clever writing used to shine to flesh out the characters. Every move now is just a piece on the chess board making a play.
faster pace or not, they could've come up with better and more meaningful things for the characters to say to each other

i had a long rant on how much I found wrong with the meeting Jon & Dany, but even last episode after Jaime told Dickon that the Tyrell forces didn't have to die, it turns into a short conversation about dead bodies smelling and a jackass line from Bronn. I would've rather heard Dickon say something like "Olenna betrayed Cersei? What about Cersei betraying the Queen? The Queen married to King Tommen, was Queen Margery granddaughter to Olenna. Cersei burned her alive. Cersei burned the Queen alive. Does that not sound like a fucking betrayal to you fuckboy?" Followed by an awkward pause like we got with Jaime and Olenna after she confessed about Joffrey, and then cut to Bronn hearing the Dothraki herd.

But to be clear, just because I have certain criticisms about this doesn't mean I'm not loving this show; this still the best damn show ever, but its written dialogue has gotten weak, in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom