• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawly

If Cersei dies (a natural death), who will succeed her?

tumblr_n4f6g2MjAX1qh3inco1_500.gif

The Tormund + Brienne moment this episode was hilarious btw

Poor Podrick getting a hit in when Brienne is irritated because of Tormund and as a result getting thrown into the snow

Brashnir

He's not allowed because he's a member of the king's guard. There might be a power struggle if she dies.

It doesn't really make any narrative sense for this to happen. When she dies, it will be clear who is taking over, because they will have a giant army at their back.

Sadist

He's not allowed because he's a member of the king's guard. There might be a power struggle if she dies.
Is he still King's Guard? Sometimes he's so confusing.

Oh seeing others debating this. But really, I don't think it's relevant either way, because Cersei will never die a natural death hehe.

Curufinwe

The only line is the one she made by the use of ultra violence and the threat of more to come. If Jaime wants to be King he could try getting thru the Mountain to kill her, I suppose. But he'd be dead in a second.

This is why I don't watch the recaps. It's basically a pre-episode spoiler section.

Except when they trick us, like showing Benjen in the preview for the episode where Jon gets called down to meet him by Ollie, but then gets stabbed.

Nameless

So why exactly was Cersei next in line as Queen and not Jamie? Besides obvious plot reasons like Cersei getting her revenge etc. etc.

The crown followed the Baratheon line: Robert > his kids > his brothers > his Queen.

Gendry has the best claim, just no proof or power.

The only line is the one she made by the use ultra violence and the threat of more to come. If Jaime wants to be King he could try getting thru the Mountain to kill her, I suppose. But he'd be dead in a second.

Well, I guess so.

The crown followed the Baratheon line. Robert > his kids > his brothers > his Queen.

Gendry has the best claim.

Ah, that explains it. Been so long that Baratheons were even close to the throne that I completely forgot them for a sec.

So why exactly was Cersei next in line as Queen and not Jamie? Besides obvious plot reasons like Cersei getting her revenge etc. etc.

Because she took it and crowned her self queen. But honest I dont know how succession works in this case.

But I do know that Jaime has no claim to throne at all no matter what happens. He's only related to the crown by way of marriage.

Cersei has a stronger claim becuase she was queen and then mother of 2 more.

Aikidoka

Where are the White Walkers marching from/to? I assume they are going to Castle Black where Bran is and marching from Hardhome where they fought Jon.

It makes me sad that Tormund is obviously going to perish soon since he's being sent to Eastwatch by the sea and that's exactly where the White Walkers are marching to

It's become part of pop-culture. They kept talking about the premiere on the radio like it's the Superbowl.

Also, people want distractions more than ever. TV and movies are escapes from the 24 hour news onslaught, Trump, etc.

It makes me sad that Tormund is obviously going to perish soon since he's being sent to Eastwatch by the sea and that's exactly where the White Walkers are marching to
At least it would be a badass death to white walkers.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Man I wish this show clicked with me like it did in the earlier seasons. That episode didn't really do much for me but the show has been like that for me for the last few seasons. I'll finish it out just to see how the series ends but I might just wait till the whole thing is finished and binge it instead of going week to week and watching.

Those ratings are nearly peak Walking Dead numbers. I believe the most viewed TWD episode was 17.3 million

If this trend keeps up, GOT will top that with the Season 8 premiere

jfkgoblue

Those ratings are nearly peak Walking Dead numbers. I believe the most viewed TWD episode was 17.3 million

If this trend keeps up, GOT will top that with the Season 8 premiere

I think that Walking Dead number is from live viewing only, which HBO "only" had 10.1m live viewers.

Not to say this isn't impressive, 10.1m live viewers is absolutely insane for a premium cable channel, hell most broadcast stations would take 10m viewers.

Josh5890

Rome came out at a wrong time. I think if Rome were to come out now it will be a big hit. I thought the first season was amazing. 10/10. The second season felt rushed because they were told this is it. At least the producers wrapped it up.

It is a shame because Rome was supposed to go five seasons. I don't know how much money the show costs in today's dollars compared to GOT but it was super expensive back in the day with the set.

just one question (may have been already answered since I watched the episode late) does cersei still go by baratheon or is it lannister now? if it is the latter, then how come the opening credits still has a stag on king's landing?

It is a shame because Rome was supposed to go five seasons. I don't know how much money the show costs in today's dollars compared to GOT but it was super expensive back in the day with the set.

Yeah back in 03 (I think that's when it came out can be wrong) it was too expensive. It was at the time the most expensive show ever put on TV. Barely any CGI. All real sets. Like old school history epics like Ben Hur or Spartacus. Amazing show.

Skux

Don't know why people are so mad about Ed Sheeran showing up. It didn't take long, and the focus wasn't actually on him. I liked the scene actually with them talking about families and humanising soldiers. Having him there sort of broke the fourth wall a little bit like it was a wink to the audience, but it wasn't an important scene and it's good it was in the first episode. The people who are terribly mad about it need some perspective lol. If you want to ask me what stood out about the episode, it definitely wasn't that scene. It didn't "ruin" the episode like people are claiming 😂

"I haven't heard that song before."
"It's a new one."
Haha

Yiazmat

Ayra ex machina sure is powerful right now. So I'm sure something awful is gonna happen to her very soon just to reminds us that she's not invincible.

Or maybe we're at the point in the story where everything is gonna work out fine for the main characters with no more setbacks?
lol

Nikodemos

"I haven't heard that song before."
"It's a new one."
Haha

It's a bawdy song about the open secret of Cersei and Jamie fucking. I bet nobody sings it within earshot of the Red Keep.

Also, I wonder if Arya slaughters that patrol. She intended to do that initially, when she glanced at where their swords were kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom