• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there will be a Cleganebowl until the last season.

That would tie up a long-running storyline and it seems premature to do that now.

i don't think it's gonna happen any more since he's going up north now

also i didn't like the scene where he sees stuff in the fire, mainly because as an audience we didn't see jack shit

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
i don't think it's gonna happen any more since he's going up north now

also i didn't like the scene where he sees stuff in the fire, mainly because as an audience we didn't see jack shit

What do you mean? We all saw what he saw, maybe you just don't believe in our lord?

-griffy-

Banned
oh. well i guess that's that. but dragonglass is still just obsidian then.

It's "just" obsidian, but in the Game of Thrones world obsidian has magical properties that can turn people into white walkers, prevent them from turning into wights, kill white walkers, and potentially cure illness according to the book Sam was reading in the latest episode.

Both dragon glass and Valyrian steel have magical properties.

I like that the White Walkers are a nuclear option, a genie the CotF can't put back in the bottle. The execution was a bit messy but I think any attempt to give the Nights King personality or humanise them would weaken them. They work well as a force of nature that could outlast the Seven Kingdoms if they wished, anything they do is pretty much because they want to.

Does anyone expect something with The Mountain to happen this season or will be just be following Cersei around? It feels like he's a Chekhov's Gun of sorts and I don't want them to drag it till the finale.

I like that the White Walkers are a nuclear option, a genie the CotF can't put back in the bottle. The execution was a bit messy but I think any attempt to give the Nights King personality or humanise them would weaken them. They work well as a force of nature that could outlast the Seven Kingdoms if they wished, anything they do is pretty much because they want to.

Does anyone expect something with The Mountain to happen this season or will be just be following Cersei around? It feels like he's a Chekhov's Gun of sorts and I don't want them to drag it till the finale.

My impression is The Mt. is just going to follow Cersei around and do whatever she says. I don't think he has any brain left.

I def think giving the Night King any real personality other than "im going to fuck your shit up" would be a mistake. I think I missed a few episodes somewhere when the CotF were even brought in as that entire storyline has been somewhat week imo.

It's "just" obsidian, but in the Game of Thrones world obsidian has magical properties that can turn people into white walkers, prevent them from turning into wights, kill white walkers, and potentially cure illness according to the book Sam was reading in the latest episode.

Both dragon glass and Valyrian steel have magical properties.

what we were saying on the previous page is that there may be obsidian elsewhere on the planet, but the obsidian in westeros and western essos is made from dragonfire.

My impression is The Mt. is just going to follow Cersei around and do whatever she says. I don't think he has any brain left.

I def think giving the Night King any real personality other than "im going to fuck your shit up" would be a mistake. I think I missed a few episodes somewhere when the CotF were even brought in as that entire storyline has been somewhat week imo.

I actually do think the mountain is conscious, but simply is incapable of doing anything except following orders because of what was done to him.

I forget the scene, but there was a moment after he was reintroduced and Someone asks if he is still in there to Qybern and the Mountain flinches like he's trying to revolt.

In a way that's a lot more fucked up. Just a thought though.

Okay. I've got two questions. 'Are we going to see Cleganebowl?' and 'are we going to see Bran warg a dragon?'
There on opposite ends of the continent this season, so sadly probably not.

Although I see Sandor may have moved past his vengeance. So w may never see it all.

I could see bran controlling a dragon. But even more fun, bran controlling the mountain.

I actually do think the mountain is conscious, but simply is incapable of doing anything except following orders because of what was done to him.

I forget the scene, but there was a moment after he was reintroduced and Someone asks if he is still in there to Qybern and the Mountain flinches like he's trying to revolt.

In a way that's a lot more fucked up. Just a thought though.

You know, I remember someone asking if he was still in there, but really nothing past that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Bran worgs into The Mountain when he's a little kid, and when trying to control his body, he accidently knocks over The Hound into a fire. Bran is gonna fuck up every kid he possibly can in the past.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Bran worgs into The Mountain when he's a little kid, and when trying to control his body, he accidently knocks over The Hound into a fire. Bran is gonna fuck up every kid he possibly can in the past.

Omg lol, I just spit my drink out. fuck Bran.

JWiLL

Banned
That really was a beautiful fucking parry. Jon has to be the best living swordsman in Westeros at this point, right? Brienne, Hound, Mountain, and Ser Bronn of The Blackwater are on the short list too, but I'd take Jon in a heartbeat. He's upped his game every battle so far.

I think it's pretty obvious the answer is Bronn. When, you know...he feels like it.

If he were still in his prime and not all "scale-y", perhaps Jorah.

Really though, I love the flair that Kit Harrington has brought to Jon's fights. He really sells it well and does a great job making you forget he's like...5'6, if that.

Does anyone else think that if Euron brings a gift to Cersei and she agrees to marry him and they get married, that shortly after they'll both try and betray each other and kill the other the second they get a chance and they outlive their usefulness?

I mean, Theon and Yara told Dany at the end of last season that if she married Euron and got his big massive cock he'd kill her the moment he gets what he wants, so perhaps as soon as he marries her and becomes king he will try and betray and kill her?

He would have to get past Jaime and the Mountain though, and although he didn't seem afraid of the Mountain, just curiously interested and amused, I don't see him getting past Jaime since his character arc isn't done yet, plus I think it would be poetic justice if the Kingslayer became a Queenslayer to stop her from unleashing wildfire the same way he did with the Mad King.

If Cersei tries to have Euron killed first, I doubt the Iron Fleet would follow her, though she could just seize the ships the way Dany stole the slavers' ships last season.

For some reason I feel Euron wasn't afraid of the Mountain because he's actually a beast in combat and would love to see them fight so he can get to Cersei if we don't get cleaganebowl after all.

How many men do the Lannisters and Greyjoys have at this point? Not enough to Match Dany's army of like over 100,000, I imagine? It looks like Cersei's screwed, Jaime even said they look like the losing side, and since this is Game of Thrones all expectations will probably be subverted and Cersei probably has a wildfire like trick up her sleeve that will even the odds against Dany since it wouldn't be that entertaining to see her steamrolled into Oblivion by D and her Dragons, so hope there's a big awesome battle with that soon!

I don't think Euron would wanna kill Cersei. If he is to rule, I think he wants a queen by his side. Cersei knows she needs allies and for that reason alone I don't think either of them will do any betrayals to the other.

I also hope Euron has more scenes throughout this season; his addition into the story was so abrupt with so little mention or development beforehand it's hard to put value and stake in him as an important character/villain, saying that as a viewer.

Dopus

Banned

QXmIvXV.gif

quick question about warging: do those who have been warged into, animal or human, experience any side effects afterwards? hodor never said much but did it ever feel like to him that something got in his head, did he start feeling paranoia etc. didn't seem like that on the show.

I don't think Euron would wanna kill Cersei. If he is to rule, I think he wants a queen by his side. Cersei knows she needs allies and for that reason alone I don't think either of them will do any betrayals to the other.

I also hope Euron has more scenes throughout this season; his addition into the story was so abrupt with so little mention or development beforehand it's hard to put value and stake in him as an important character/villain, saying that as a viewer.
Euron pretty much said as much last season. He was going to marry danarys, kill her and take the kingdom's, iron price and all that. Can't imagine the plan changes with cersai

Dopus

Banned
The Mountain smashed a baby's head against the wall after pulling it out of its mother's arms, then raped the mother and killed her too. He's as evil a character as this series has.

The Mountain is a monster. Cersei is a cold and calculating predator. Both evil, just in a different manner. She's far more dangerous though.

Pagusas

Elden Member
quick question about warging: do those who have been warged into, animal or human, experience any side effects afterwards? hodor never said much but did it ever feel like to him that something got in his head, did he start feeling paranoia etc. didn't seem like that on the show.

Seemed more like he didnt remember what happened during it. Like when Bran used Hordor to kill the mutineer Knights Watch people, when Hodor came to he looked at his hands, covered in blood and looked completely confused.

Timbuktu

I don't know how Euron Greyhoy hasn't engaged Dani's fleet already. He must have gone pass Dragonstone to get to Kings Landing when they were already on their way across the narrow sea. By the time he can get out of Blackwater Bay from Kings Landing, Dani must have arrived on Dragonstone already. Dani's fleet could effectively already form a naval blockade on Kings Landing, right?

The time skips and geography on this show confuses me. In the same regard, I don't know how Jon can get to Dragonstone or Dani to Winterfell without going through a lot of Lannister or Greyjoy forces.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I don't know how Euron Greyhoy hasn't engaged Dani's fleet already. He must have gone pass Dragonstone to get to Kings Landing when they were already on their way across the narrow sea. By the time he can get out of Blackwater Bay from Kings Landing, Dani must have arrived on Dragonstone already. Dani's fleet could effectively already form a naval blockade on Kings Landing, right?

The time skips and geography on this show confuses me. In the same regard, I don't know how Jon can get to Dragonstone or Dani to Winterfell without going through a lot of Lannister or Greyjoy forces.

The channel is big enough the two fleets could have been hundreds (or even thousands?) of miles away from each other when passing and never noticed.

Seemed more like he didnt remember what happened during it. Like when Bran used Hordor to kill the mutineer Knights Watch people, when Hodor came to he looked at his hands, covered in blood and looked completely confused.
yeah I was thinking that too. i suppose it doesn't matter since bran was only able to warg into hodor for being a "simpleton" he probably can't mind control the average man.

The channel is big enough the two fleets could have been hundreds (or even thousands?) of miles away from each other when passing and never noticed.
I dont think its quite that big, I'll have to look at a map, but euron would have reached kings landing from the south. And dragonstone is northeast of kings landing. The channel does bridge it, but I don't think he would have sailed past it. But Danny was commung from the south as well. Hmmmm

Is it really that hard to suspend disbelief that varys traveled dorne and came back before Danny set sail. It would have taken months to stock that fleet, paint dragons on the sails ect..

And varys left before they started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom