• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Vectorman

Banned
I always had the feeling that Robert confused obesssion with love. It was definitely a one-sided romance.

Perhaps that's why Ned never felt compelled to comment/agree with Robert's assessment of Lyanna and his love for her because he knew the truth so he just bit his tongue and went along with it. It's why he didn't want Robert to go to the crypt immediately either.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So season 8 is not coming back till 2019?

8YHXi4a.gif

No one really knows right now but it's looking like it'll be late 2018 or 2019.

effzee

Wasn't one of the reasons Lyanna never took to Robert was because he was a childish drunk?

Again I think he became this after he lost her.

So a woman is a prized possession that has no free will of her own? Fucked over Robert? Fuck that piece of shit. If Arya truly takes after her aunt Lyanna, than it would stand to reason that she would never have gone along with being Robert's wife. The fact that the Stark men thought she would is beyond idiotic, and perhaps they expected her as a woman, she would simply swallow her independence and do what woman have always done in every kingdom but Dorne.

I'm not saying I agree with it but it is the world that exists in GoT. Some of these marriages are just to ally houses and families. Ned and Catelyn was just for this too.

Ragger's wife loved him but he still left her. Lyanna was promised to Robert but left. Regardless of the rules or unfair marriages, as far as all we know as of now these two were major fuck ups and ruined many lives.

Maybe she could have talked to her family about it. Maybe running away in secret where it seems like she has been kidnapped would have prevented her dad and brother dying. Maybe it would have prevented a war and kept her real love alive along with herself.

And a man whore. We saw how it played out for Cersie. He was drunkenly propositioning women right in front of her and the whole North.

Lyanna read him like a book.

Again I think all this is post losing Lyanna.

Hydrus

If it skips past the summer, will HBO want to go up against the NFL on Sunday night's?

I think they postpone to summer 2019.

I really dont think it matters? HBO is subscription based and commercial free. People will watch it right after a game.

effzee

Maybe some of the backlash to this season and a 2019 date might give them enough time to re work some of the direction.

That's the only positive I can draw up for it being pushed to 2019 :(

effzee

Maybe, but why does it matter if people are going to be paying to watch it anyways? Subs will go up and thats all that really matters.

I mean it is how they still measure success and which shows to keep, cancel, or renew.

Then again as the final season for the most popular show in the history of TV, those rules might not apply but the NFL is a ratings juggernaut and they might not want to go head to head.

who ever made this needs to be smacked. this graph is awful.christ.
they definitely wanted it to look more convoluted than necessary. all just to explain that Jon Snow's parents are Rhaegary & Lyanna.
Man is this really that complicated that people need graphs and charts lol
for people to still have to ask and unsure of the main characters' lineages I guess that's why this is still needed

duckroll

I mean it is how they still measure success and which shows to keep, cancel, or renew.

It's definitely not and hasn't been for a long time. HBO has specifically said they no longer look at ratings alone and care far more about retaining subscribers and completing long form shows if people are excited about them. They said that if Rome had been made a few years later, it would not have been cancelled.

effzee

It's definitely not and hasn't been for a long time. HBO has specifically said they no longer look at ratings alone and care far more about retaining subscribers and completing long form shows if people are excited about them. They said that if Rome had been made a few years later, it would not have been cancelled.

Wasn't aware of this. So we might still get it late 2018!

Hydrus

Then again as the final season for the most popular show in the history of TV, those rules might not apply but the NFL is a ratings juggernaut and they might not want to go head to head.

I paid 30 bucks to subscribe to hbo go, just watch this season. Multiple that times millions of people who also do the same. Thats how they measure their success. There's a reason why they are working on potentially 4 different spinoffs.They are making a killing off this show. If anything, The NFL is who needs to worry about ratings.

Wasn't aware of this. So we might still get it late 2018!
image.php

I paid 30 bucks to subscribe to hbo go, just watch this season. Multiple that times millions of people who also do the same. Thats how they measure there success. There's a reason why they are working on potentially 4 different spinoffs.They are making a killing off this show. If anything, The NFL is who needs to worry.
I'm gonna cancel my hbo subscription once the season is over. I only wanted hbo go for this show

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Again I think he became this after he lost her.

I'm not saying I agree with it but it is the world that exists in GoT. Some of these marriages are just to ally houses and families. Ned and Catelyn was just for this too.

Ragger's wife loved him but he still left her. Lyanna was promised to Robert but left. Regardless of the rules or unfair marriages, as far as all we know as of now these two were major fuck ups and ruined many lives.

Maybe she could have talked to her family about it. Maybe running away in secret where it seems like she has been kidnapped would have prevented her dad and brother dying. Maybe it would have prevented a war and kept her real love alive along with herself.

Again I think all this is post losing Lyanna.

No Robert was a womaniser before the war happened. There's is no universe in which Ned and Robert were hitting up taverns and brothels all over Westeros and banging women, after Robert had become King and Ned had become Warden of the North. Come on man, the King with his guards traveling around making the 7? Tywin Lannister would have turned on him for such a public display of mockery for his daughter. And no, making Jaime listen while he bangs women other than Cersei is not even in the same galaxy as far as comparisons go.

Same here lol. So thats how you know this show is a success lol.
yeah for sure, even haters have to admit that this show is practically a pop culture phenomenon. although it's still not the most popular tv show, it probably would be if it was on primetime cable instead of premium.

effzee

I paid 30 bucks to subscribe to hbo go, just watch this season. Multiple that times millions of people who also do the same. Thats how they measure their success. There's a reason why they are working on potentially 4 different spinoffs.They are making a killing off this show. If anything, The NFL is who needs to worry about ratings.

I mean good for HBO but live sports are still king and I don't the NFL has to worry.

Hopefully they deliver the best possible season 6 whenever they can.

effzee

No Robert was a womaniser before the war happened. There's is no universe in which Ned and Robert were hitting up taverns and brothels all over Westeros and banging women, after Robert had become King and Ned had become Warden of the North. Come on man, the King with his guards traveling around making the 7? Tywin Lannister would have turned on him for such a public display of mockery for his daughter. And no, making Jaime listen while he bangs women other than Cersei is not even in the same galaxy as far as comparisons go.

Where are you getting this from? From everything we know about Ned, he never was about that life pre or post war.

And regardless of what Robert was, how Rhaegar and Lyanna went about it still brought mass destruction, including their own, and a war which messed the realm up worse than ever before.

Still in the wrong

It sucks Dany called out Jon for his dad (Ned) trying to get her killed when we all know he tossed away being the Hand because he was so against it. Ned the MVP that gets hardly any of the recognition he deserves. And she will probably never find out.

Heshinsi

Where are you getting this from? From everything we know about Ned, he never was about that life pre or post war.

And regardless of what Robert was, how Rhaegar and Lyanna went about it still brought mass destruction, including their own, and a war which messed the realm up worse than ever before.

Still in the wrong

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEB5t1qRdmY

They are literally having a discussion of the women they used to fuck around with lol.

"Dude, 20 years ago, remember all the tail you used to get?!"

And here's Robert talking about, "back in my day, you weren't a real man till you fucked a girl in every kingdom including the Riverlands. We called it making the 8."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9j5ieR91m_Q

Yeah, marry your sister to that Starks.

All I was saying is that there's no way Robert and Ned were going around fucking side chicks left and right after the war. Robert would be King and Ned would have been Warden, far too public for them to be doing that in the open. So naturally, this must have happened before Robert's Rebellion.

I'm contesting your point that Lyanna's death is what made Robert turn to whoring and wining. He was doing this long before he ever met her.

Dy_Cy

It sucks Dany called out Jon for his dad (Ned) trying to get her killed when we all know he tossed away being the Hand becaause he was so against it. Ned the MVP that gets hardly any of the recognition he deserves. And she will probably never find out.

Couldn't Varys tell her?

Heshinsi

Varys told Dany that he organised the assassination attempt due to the fact that Dany wasn't important to him at the time right? So the guy who says he's all about the little people was still ok with having a girl sold to a brute to be murdered in the name of his king. That's some flexible morals bro.

That's right. He was there when Ned refused Robert.

https://youtu.be/YL9_w1yNCSc

Kinda bad that Varys didn't tell Dany that Ned quit over that. Although it sounds like Varys threw Ned under the bus because Varys still went ahead with those murder plots. It feels like it would have been a scene had this season actually been 10 episodes.

Varys did tell Ned that Dany's assassination was already on its way by the time Robert agreed to undo it.

Me this whole week.
giphy.gif

I haven't seen any spoilers.
Haha same.

Though I had a dream where I was a scrolling through Facebook and 4 posts in a row contained GoT content and I'd catch glimpses of names and images and the context of questions asked (like "could Dany really be...." and "Did Jon Snow really...") and it pissed me off.

Later in the dream, I was dodging a GoT/HBO leak article in an Entertainment Weekly but came across an article with amazing images of a new Gareth Edwards monster movie that wasn't Godzilla/Legendary. Looked amazing with tentacled creatures. Like a big budget version of his indie film. Sorry, off topic lol.

Usually a minute or two before air time. So if you watch along with the thread, be mindful of it and don't spoil things before most people get the chance to see it.
Sweet, that's awesome. And yeah, don't have to worry about me. I usually turn off all electronics for game of thrones and don't talk to anyone haha

effzee

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEB5t1qRdmY

They are literally having a discussion of the women they used to fuck around with lol.

"Dude, 20 years ago, remember all the tail you used to get?!"

And here's Robert talking about, "back in my day, you weren't a real man till you fucked a girl in every kingdom including the Riverlands. We called it making the 8."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9j5ieR91m_Q

Yeah, marry your sister to that Starks.

All I was saying is that there's no way Robert and Ned were going around fucking side chicks left and right after the war. Robert would be King and Ned would have been Warden, far too public for them to be doing that in the open. So naturally, this must have happened before Robert's Rebellion.

I'm contesting your point that Lyanna's death is what made Robert turn to whoring and wining. He was doing this long before he ever met her.

I still read that first scene as Robert being a manwhore but not necessarily Ned. But ok granted Robert was a drunk whore, it still doesn't make right what Lyanna and Rhaegar did.

A. He was married
B. The way they did it, made it seem like she had been kidnapped and raped...brought upon a war

Top Bottom