• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Volimar

Westworld is a great show, but I don't see as much benefit to getting it in 4k vs GoT. The cinematography is just so stunning at times.

I watch Game of Thrones in 320p. Gotta safe that data.
giphy.gif

Wait I just realized I'm super late on this but in light of Jon's heritage does that mean Ned never even cheated on Cat and it was just a cover story?

Because if so...damn, talk about selfless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Stop posting gifs of Syrio. Too soon. The heart still hurts.

It's a hurt that will never go away.

Wait I just realized I'm super late on this but in light of Jon's heritage does that mean Ned never even cheated on Cat and it was just a cover story?

Yup. As far as we know Ned was always loyal to Cat and lied to protect his sister's son.

Yep. Means exactly that. He chose staining his honor, the most important thing to him, for a promise made to his sister whom he loved. In a way, it was honor vs honor.

FiggyCal

Banned
So I wasn't really spoiled anything, but I saw at least two recommended videos that had the title: "season 8 episode 1 leak" or "season 8 script leaked". Is that true or is it bogus?

Vectorman

Banned

Makes Cat look even worse in retrospect. Freeing Jamie, trusting Littlefinger, making Ned trust LF, killing a young girl even though she was gonna die anyways and treating Jon like shit all for nothing lol. Was it worth it, Cat?

Hydrus

So I wasn't really spoiled anything, but I saw at least two recommended videos that had the title: "season 8 episode 1 leak" or "season 8 script leaked". Is that true or is it bogus?

Everyone is saying it is confirmed fake. That last major season 7 leak happened because the scripts were out during shooting. I haven't and will not read any leaks, but chances are its 98% fake at this point in production. Still avoid at all cost so you don't spoil this season. Also mods, I dont want to get banned again for just for mentioning the word leak, please. I'm not discussing leaks, just dont want people to get into panic mode.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Makes Cat look even worse in retrospect. Freeing Jamie, trusting Littlefinger, making Ned trust LF, killing a young girl even though she was gonna die anyways and treating Jon like shit all for nothing lol. Was it worth it, Cat?

In her defense he never bothered telling her. He probably should have though.

FiggyCal

Banned
In her defense he never bothered telling her. He probably should have though.

Do you think Benjen knows?

Everyone is saying it is confirmed fake. That last major season 7 leak happened because the scripts were out during shooting. I haven't and will not read any leaks, but chances are its 98% fake at this point in production. Still avoid at all cost so you don't spoil this season. Also mods, I dont want to get banned again for just for mentioning the word leak, please. I'm not discussing leaks, just dont want people to get into panic mode.

I figured it was fake, but I needed to be sure.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Absolutely should not have told her otherwise Robert would have killed them all because she wouldn't have been able to keep her trap shut and Ned knew it.

This is fair.

Do you think Benjen knows?

I don't think he told anyone. Ned meant to tell Jon the next time he went North, but we all know that never happened. Dude took that shit to the grave.

EDIT: Damn, come to think of it he's unlucky that he had Jon take the black when he did. He could have installed him on the throne without a lot of fuss had he played the game a bit better.

This is fair.

I don't think he told anyone. Ned meant to tell Jon the next time he went North, but we all know that never happened. Dude took that shit to the grave.

Yep. That secret ended with him. I don't think LF knows it either. He knew R and L married but resulted to Jon? Probably not.

Ned will probably bullshit who jons true mother was if the two actually met again after he promised.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yep. That secret ended with him. I don't think LF knows it either. He knew R and L married but resulted to Jon? Probably not.

Ned will probably bullshit who jons true mother was if the two actually met again after he promised.

He'd have no reason to. Jon had taken the black, telling him at that point would have carried zero risk for either of them. I mean, who is he going to tell?

FiggyCal

Banned
This is fair.

EDIT: Damn, come to think of it he's unlucky that he had Jon take the black when he did. He could have installed him on the throne without a lot of fuss had he played the game a bit better.

You're not wrong. Once Robert died, no one really wanted kill the Targaryens - aside from Littlefinger.

Edit: I think Littlefinger knows more about Jon Snow than we might think. If he can (and I think he already has) put together Lyana and Raeghar married and also Ned would never cheat on his wife, he then realizes Jon's true origins.

He'd have no reason to. Jon had taken the black, telling him at that point would have carried zero risk for either of them. I mean, who is he going to tell?

Ned knowing how Robert was so hell bent on killing every Targs is good enough of a reason not to tell anyone even Jon. Ned will probably just go with Wylla and be done with it till no one in power is out to exterminate every living Targaryen blood.

Edit: darn where is Howland Reed? I just remembered he was there with Ned.

i was supposed to go somewhere to watch the next episode but that just got cancelled, so...i'll watch another episode of defenders to pass the time

ser loras is the worst iron fist ever

Thinking about it, I was like....Yeah, why would Ned tell Jon? Jon gains nothing, kind of. He remains a bastard, as far as Ned knows. But then I think that it would've been a real nice moment for Ned to be able to talk about the sister he loved, and the mother Jon never knew. They both would have liked that.

Brings a tear to my eye thinking about a touching moment that will never be.

it was kind of a fan service line for Arya to say "no one" trained her when Brienne because the truth is it was he who taught her how to swordfight. The faceless men didn't do that.

edit: unless they reveal somehow that Petyr knows about the faceless men, also recognized Arya's fighting moves and put 2 and 2 together before decided to pit Arya against Sansa.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I don't think Ned would've lied to Jon, he seemed really sincere when he told him he'd tell him all about his mother next time they met. I would actually think lesser of Ned if I thought he'd bullshit Jon about that. I mean, Ned lied about who she was to Robert, so if he was gonna lie, he could've told him the same lie but didn't because he knew the truth and I think he truly was going to tell him one day. Rather than feed him lies about his fake mother, he saved that conversation for when it was the real deal.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I have a noob question since I casually follow this show, but uh... how many more episodes are left in this season? Two? Tonight, and then next week?

Volimar

^ I'm telling you. They're gonna recreate the Jon/Ygritte sleeping scene and you're gonna get it!

Have how long these next two episodes are, it's almost like we're getting 3. Almost.

I'd love to believe the rumors that next seasons episodes will be nearly feature length long. Sadly, that probably won't be the case.

I swear shows look better on HBO Go than they do during their normal HBO broadcasting.

I'm sure there's little to no difference between the two however, and I'm just crazy.

I swear shows look better on HBO Go than they do during regular HBO broadcasts.

I'm sure there's little to no difference between the two however, and I'm just crazy.

yeah you might be onto something there. i noticed when I was at home watching Thrones live the screen definitely looked subpar, like, almost worse than streaming.

and that's what it is with hbo go it's streaming but the whole screen was uniform the whole time even if the connection dipped at times

edit: sorry for double post

Top Bottom