• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Sansa can no longer use "I'm bigger than you" to intimidate Sansa, and I'm still on Team Arya. Don't care if Sansa is hotter Arya legit slays.

We already getting fanart:
nalpi3kqazgz.jpg

^^^
This man put in SO much fucking work with this flaming sword.

Jesus fuck that's gorgeous

wandering

Banned
So if we take the size of Westeros to be roughly the size of Britain, we can estimate the distance from Dragonstone to Beyond the Wall to be around something like 500 miles. A really fast raven might have an average flight speed of around 30 mph, meaning it could make such a journey in 16-17 hours.

TyrantII

Cool ideas this episode... Murdered by a crappy script, poor execution, and damn wooden acting.

Why is everyone all of a sudden acting out of character to move a plot point along?

I wonder where the NK would get chains like that? I know he's thousands of years old, so maybe the more technologically advanced Valerian's had a big vessel run aground up in the North somewhere and he was able to get them.

Sad they didn't put a giant in there helping haul the dragon up.

Lulubop

Same. During the scene just before the Dragons show up and it was showing Jon like realizing they were all gonna die I though we were about to see Flaming Sword Jon.

Kinda bummed it didn't happen :-(

He'll get it by the final episode, and it'll be magnificent. The best sword of light.

My mistake was thinking that the "theory" youtubers were actually creating theories, rather than going through leaked scripts and episode guides - which is what they actually do.

Best to assume everything on YT are spoilers. But the GoT subreddit is also fucking awful now. Going on a blackout until next sunday. Ugh.

Im more possed at how awfully the show arrived at these
conclusions.

Ponn

Banned
The complaint isn't that they're skipping travel scenes, it's that events that are supposed to be happening at the same time are happening way too quickly in relation to each other to be plausible given what's been established about the world in the series to this point. For a series in which geography has played such a huge role in the past, it's kind of irritating.

The Red Wedding, perhaps the most impactful and momentous event in the entire series, is entirely a result of the geography of Westeros. In the past few seasons, it just doesn't seem to matter anymore. It's perfectly valid to note this.

There was only really 3 POV this episode, one of which was completely unrelated to the others and the 3rd was Dany and Tyrion just waiting around talking shit and waiting for news We never really got an exact time frame of how long they were on the rock but does it really matter because that seems to go back to wanting to watch them sit around do nothing while waiting.

jfkgoblue

So if we take the size of Westeros to be roughly the size of Britain, we can estimate the distance from Dragonstone to Beyond the Wall to be around something like 500 miles. A really fast raven might have an average flight speed of around 30 mph, meaning it could make such a journey in 16-17 hours.
It's the size of South America so...

zeemumu

Shame about Sansa and Arya's misunderstanding. If only there was someone in the same area who knows all of the events of GoT, even the stuff he wasn't there for, who could set the record straight.

If only...

Last couple of episodes were great but this one was pretty meh. Seemed like they were more concerned with wowing us with Dragons save the day again than anything of real substance actually happening.

Also I haven't been one to complain about the time travel stuff because most of the time it can be explained away by time skips but that Gendry Run/Raven thing made recline and say uh...wtf out loud.

Also Arya and Sansa cant possibly be this stupid, not with 7 episodes left. Here's to hoping the season finale is better(I dont want to know you eager spoilers).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

it's closer to about 1500 miles

so about 30 hours for raven to arrive... roughly.. (assuming 50 mph)

this would mean that dragons can travel at around 200 mph

BriGuy

My theories were dangerously close to being right and I did not watch the leaked episode.

I predicted the Night King would take down a dragon with a special power(not a spear) and I predicted they wouldn't be able to capture a wight, but would bring Benjen back instead(wrong, but Benjen still appeared).

Glad the mods deleted them lol. I won't be making predictions anymore.
I thought for sure the Hound was done for this episode and they would bring him back to Cersei. And for some contrived reason or other, he would hold onto enough of his humanity to want to kill the mountain and maybe get his chance. The dragon shit is super predictable though, and people have been calling that for years. I even knew that cliche eye opening thing would be the last scene before the credit role, but I honestly thought that would cap the finale.

It was a very uncharacteristic moment of Jon. Really bizarre writing. It was such a trope moment I nearly gaged when that happened.

To be fair the beginning of it was quite him when he didn't grab her hand and decided to try to buy time for the rest to get on the dragon first. Him wandering too far away to get back after the Night King made his throw though, maybe due to anger(?), was a bit uncharacteristic.

Jachaos

Arya and Sansa plot is eh. Why did Arya not wear a mask last week when eavesdropping? Why is she reacting like this to an old letter, her behaviour is out of left field right now. The whole thing just feels weird and clunky.

Also, some will say we don't care about teleporting but this is the biggest example of how out of hand it is right now. Running back to the wall, sending a raven far south, having the dragons fly back, this should take a long time but it seems they had a short time frame as they weren't dying of cold and hunger (seeing how they could fend off an army of dead). And why did Beric not keep his sword lit up the whole time on that island, to warm up the others?

About the zombie dragon thing. I wasn't spoiled on it but it was something I'd always figured would happen.

Not to say it was predictable but it would have been a missed opportunity to not do it. Once the dragons were beyond the wall I knew one of them was toast especially with how effective and triumphant the scene was prior to the gold medal WR javelin toss.

FiggyCal

Banned
Sansa can no longer use "I'm bigger than you" to intimidate Sansa, and I'm still on Team Arya. Don't care if Sansa is hotter Arya legit slays.

Arya got a little creepy. But I fundamentally think she's right about Sansa and we saw it for a brief moment when she was talking shit about Jon and the Battle of the Bastards.

#TeamArya

Ernest

Banned
The ending of this episode was ruined for me by youtube a few days ago, by a video thumbnail and it's description in the margin of the site. So pissed!

I hate that night king=Bran theory. But if it comes through, never going to visit this thread again.

I don't think he's Bran, I think they have similar powers.
When he went to destroy the 3ER's cave, he personally went and killed the 3ER himself and now I don't doubt he has Bran in his sights.

Westeros is a lot bigger than Britain.

I thought for sure the Hound was done for this episode and they would bring him back to Cersei. And for some contrived reason or other, he would hold onto enough of his humanity to want to kill the mountain and maybe get his chance. The dragon shit is super predictable though, and people have been calling that for years. I even knew that cliche eye opening thing would be the last scene before the credit role, but I honestly thought that would cap the finale.

I also thought this might be the end for Tormund, and he came so close...but thankfully made it!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
She wasn't exactly a Sansa fan before all of this; I do hope it's a ruse to entrap Little Finger though.

Sansa seems to be the only one of the two actively working against Littlefinger at this point. He wants to set up a conflict between Brienne and Arya by using Sansa's letter, so she sends Brienne away to stop him. Meanwhile Arya gets drawn deeper and deeper into his plot.

Arya has no experience with this shit, with the plotting and counter-plotting that Littlefinger loves so much. It shouldn't be shocking to anyone that he's able to play her, he's played dozens of people far smarter than her for far longer.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Shame about Sansa and Arya's misunderstanding. If only there was someone in the same area who knows all of the events of GoT, even the stuff he wasn't there for, who could set the record straight.

If only...

lol Bran, so far he hasnt been much of a help

TenseConcernedBluefish-size_restricted.gif

Same outfit and all...

Well, I mean...

1. Bran can control animals and Hodor.

2. Night King can control a whole fucking army, polar bears and dragons. Hell, he might even have Hodor now too.

These two can just play "chess" against each other using the entire cast of the show, assuming Bran catches up and summons an army of animals.

I've been seeing this Bran = Night King theories a lot lately.

I dont even get how that would work? We've already seen the original dude who is the Night King get turned by the Children and it wasn't Bran

Tuck

My theories were dangerously close to being right and I did not watch the leaked episode.

I predicted the Night King would take down a dragon with a special power(not a spear) and I predicted they wouldn't be able to capture a wight, but would bring Benjen back instead(wrong, but Benjen still appeared).

Glad the mods deleted them lol. I won't be making predictions anymore.

To bad Benjen didn't show up earlier... probably would have saved them a lot of trouble.

Though I forget if Benjen is able to go past the wall or not.

Top Bottom