• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Good riddance. He looked like he should be on some romance novel cover TV show or something. And his acting......ew.

Besides, Dany belongs to my man Jorah.

You're a Dany/Jorah shipper too? <3

Edit: top of the page: #allhailtheQueenoftheNorth

Nameless

Good riddance. He looked like he should be on some romance novel cover TV show or something. And his acting......ew.

Besides, Dany belongs to my man Jorah.

... well, Jorah seems to agree with you.

Love Jorah but he might as well commit suicide because that's the only way he's escaping the friend zone at this point.

CtEg8CH.gif

Loke13

I cannot wait we are finally getting getting new episodes I have literally been waiting for this since last year.

Jackpot

Banned
I hope they don't spend so much time treading water like they did last season. How many episodes did Robb take a break from the war and travel back to some place? And that battle with the Walkers that was the cliff-hanger of season 2 but turned out to be nothing but a few seconds sound effects on a black screen in season 3.

You just know Stannis is going to take the pressure off the Lannisters by doing the "right" thing and reinforcing the Wall. Then yet again he'll have to regroup his army, if he even has one left.

I'm hyped for this. Watched all three seasons fresh a month ago and have been craving new episodes ever since. Haven't read any of the books.

BTM

I've got 7 more episodes to watch by Sunday and 3 tests this week. Priorities priorities.......

Loke13

I hope they don't spend so much time treading water like they did last season. How many episodes did Robb take a break from the war and travel back to some place? And that battle with the Walkers that was the cliff-hanger of season 2 but turned out to be nothing but a few seconds sound effects on a black screen in season 3.
I think you're misremembering some things the only time Robb took a break from the war was for his grandfathers funeral and even then he used that time to combine his forces with Cat's brothers. I don't count Robb going to the Freys as him "taking a break" considering he couldn't very well continue the war with only half his fighting power.

Most of Season 3 consisted of Theon getting tortured. And then a wedding. That is pretty much it.

Ya bro it's not like there was significant character development for Jamie, or the Lannisters claiming the north through Sansa. Or character development of Dany becoming a liberator, with the possible beginnings of a love triangle plot. Or the introduction of zombie fire god powers. Or Jon's dangerous undercover wall climbing and betrayal. Or characterization for Stannis. But I mean seriously, if there isn't a bunch of gore and tits it doesn't count, right?

>.>

No, a horse's head doesn't get chopped off and there isn't a huge battle. But pretending that the Theon torture and the wedding were most of what happened is ridiculous. They just stand out the most because they are the most unpleasant. Negativity bias and all that.

Vashetti

Banned
Ya bro it's not like there was significant character development for Jamie, or the Lannisters claiming the north through Sansa. Or character development of Dany becoming a liberator, with the possible beginnings of a love triangle plot. Or the introduction of zombie fire god powers. Or Jon's dangerous undercover wall climbing and betrayal. Or characterization for Stannis. But I mean seriously, if there isn't a bunch of gore and tits it doesn't count, right?

>.>

No, a horse's head doesn't get chopped off and there isn't a huge battle. But pretending that the Theon torture and the wedding were most of what happened is ridiculous. They just stand out the most because they are the most unpleasant. Negativity bias and all that.

tumblr_mcw1disF5f1qdvnal.gif

Sendero

The new one may (or might not) be a better actor, but he could not look more Westerosi even if he tried. I take that Daario is supposed to be an "exotic" foreign that is more attractive than Jorah to make a possible relationship drama believable. Hence -to me-, the new cast is not a good addition, but we will see.

You just know Stannis is going to take the pressure off the Lannisters by doing the "right" thing and reinforcing the Wall.
I confess that Stannis has been difficult to "follow" to me: A lot of book readers praise him, and my man Sir Onion is constantly reminding us that Stannis is the bestest man, and totally not evil.

But all I have seen is a simp with greatness delusion, that is constantly ragdolled by Melisandre, and whom apparently cannot do anything worthwhile without her advice or Sir Jean Reno's constant handholding. Looks awesome next to that humongous Strategy desk, though.

Nameless

I confess that Stannis has been difficult to "follow" to me: A lot of book readers praise him, and my man Sir Onion is constantly reminding us that Stannis is the bestest man, and totally not evil.

But all I have seen is a simp with greatness delusion, that is constantly ragdolled by Melisandre, and whom apparently cannot do anything worthwhile without her advice or Sir Jean Reno's constant handholding. Looks awesome next to that humongous Strategy desk, though.

Stannis is one of my favorite characters. True, he doesn't posses the ideal qualities of a King; he's devoid of charisma, not a moron but not particularly intelligent, isn't a a great speaker, and lacks the self assuredness to effectively call the shots on large scales. Stoic and stern he's better at executing orders given to him than being the one making ultimate decisions and inspiring loyalty--a soldier not a King.

But that's precisely why he's so fascinating. Prophesied champion of the one true God, rightful King of the Andals and the First Men, Stannis was been thrust into the role of a great man despite being quite the contrary. Stephen Dillane has done a fine job portraying this conflict given the limited amount of time the show has dedicated to Stannis so far. With Robb & co. out of the way hopefully the character gets more focus.

'COME WITH ME AND TAKE THIS CITY'

Sendero

...a soldier not a King....But that's precisely why he's so fascinating.
Ah, have not read the books, so thought the show was just not accurately presenting the real written Stannis.

I'm still not sure why Davos favours him so much (I do understand their relationship, though), but your explanation does put the situation in a much brighter side. Thanks for that.

solarus

Stannis comes off as a really boring character in the show sorry, just a puppet of melisandre. They need to focus and develop him a bit more as all the praise I see of him is through ser davos and he just comes off as bland.

Nameless

Ah, have not read the books, so thought the show was just not accurately presenting the real written Stannis.

I'm still not sure why Davos favours him so much (I do understand their relationship, though), but your explanation does put the situation in a much brighter side. Thanks for that.

I've only read a little of book one so I don't have any context about book Stannis. As far as Davos he respects Stannis as a soldier and feels he owes everything to him for turning a sleb from Flea Bottom into a full fledged a knight. Davos being an extremely honorable and loyal guy will follow Stannis no matter what.

Nameless

Speaking of Jon Snow I hope they pick back up immediately after we saw him last; his character is as interesting as it's been since the beginning. He has no idea about the Red Wedding, no idea Lord Commander Mormont died, no idea that Bran just headed beyond The Wall, no idea that the White Walkers are coming, and there's also the little issue of the barbarians horde he just betrayed marching on The Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom