• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 7 photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
There's some assumations about this week, someone on r/gameofthrones or/and r/freefolk found out that the official HBO YT channel had a private video in the GoT playlist and the Long Walk promo has been remvoed from the official YT, Twitter and FB HBO accounts.

The private video is gone now from the playlist, but it was here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO79iP69FaZPuQ6JUvKxGcoVEm4in3muC

I can confirm the private video thing was real, I saw it myself yesterday, but they have apparently removed it.

That private video IS the Long Walk video.

Chuck the URL into Google with quotes around it and you'll see.

You think he is going to let his knighthood define him? Interesting, but I can't see what she could do that would have him do it. Imo if anyone will it will be Arya, though I hope not. In my ideal situation I would have Jon and Danny team up and fight the dead army, weakened they will be beat out by Queen Cersei and she rules the 7 haha/
They will go with the "Mad Queen" routine and history repeats itself. Jaime will kill her to save innocent lives, that's the logical conclusion for both of their arcs.

I will say that Cersei "winning" would be by far the most interesting end point for the series but there is no way they will do it. I just feel like the direction the series is going isn't going to offer any real surprises when it comes to grand scale of things.

Magus1234

They will go with the "Mad Queen" routine and history repeats itself. Jaime will kill her to save innocent lives, that's the logical conclusion for both of their arcs.

I will say that Cersei "winning" would be by far the most interesting end point for the series but there is no way they will do it. I just feel like the direction the series is going isn't going to offer any real surprises when it comes to grand scale of things.

Maaaan, the more I think about it the more I think you are right. It is logical but almost trite, especially for a story like this. Guess it has to end somehow.

sjboi

If Arya kills Cersei (with Jaime's face lol) I will be so pissed. They had very little interaction. It would be way more satisfying if Tyrion or Sansa are responsible for Cersei's comeuppance. But I, too, think Cersei wins = best ending

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Is this likely Cersei's last season?

Or will she make it to season 8 at the very least. She's my favorite character and it would be hard to keep watching if she dies too soon (if at all).

got-sn7_firstlook_13.jpg

Should be illegal to be this attractive.

CloudWolf

How do think Dany will react if she finds out she's not the true heir to the targaryan dynasty?

Do you think she won't care and she's come too far or do you think she will yield the throne to jon?
I don't know why people keep saying this, Jon is not the true heir to the Targaryen dynasty. Yes, he's the kid of the son of the last Targ king, but he's a bastard. Unless Aegon wrote a document legitimizing Jon right before his death (highly unlikely) Jon has far less of a claim to the throne than Dany.

She thinks she's way smarter than she actually is but she's no dummy. You don't get as far as she has if you're an idiot.
Nah, she got that far because she has plot armor/convenience on her side. Her actions in the season finale of Season 6 firmly put her in the "massive idiot" category.

Only an idiot would blow up the equivalent of the Vatican in a highly religious country like Westeros while you're in the middle of being investigated by the church (a fact that everyone knows). Not only that, by doing so she also kills the Pope, the Queen, her own son (indirectly, but if she was smart she would've seen this one coming) and let's not forget, almost the entire family of the ruling Queen. The same family who was providing the Crown money and the people food, because the Lannisters are flat broke.

Finally, as if she wasn't already the obvious culprit of this crime, she goes ahead and illegally declares herself Queen despite having no possible claim to that title (and to the people claiming Robert Baratheon did the same, he didn't, he had an actual claim to the throne, since he was the nephew of the ruling king).

Magus1234

Cersei snip .

Yup, I would also add she is probably on the insane side of the bloodline. Let's be fair though there is enough plot armor to go around for anyone alive, I mean at least she hasn't come back from the dead or anything. She survived in her own way with her own motivations, but that is what I'm interested in. Up to now, she never really showed any motivation to be Queen(ruler) and we know her family was all that she was in it for. So whats the deal? Probably just to control the army and defend herself from the queens family at the moment, but there has to be something else. Either way, the Queens family plus Danny is a done Cersei but that leaves the story in a peculiar situation, that is why I am hoping something interesting happens here. What, I am not sure but personally she plays the most interesting role in how the story unfolds(at least potentially).

It's a good thing they're stopping with 8 seasons because if they continue any longer than that, Sansa will be taller than Ser Gregor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom