• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones: Spoiler reaction to Season 3 - Episode NINE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually reading the books after I watched the seasons. The amount of detail is staggering to say the least. I see fragments of the series while reading the books, and add things to those scenes by stuff I read in it.

tino

Banned
Series spoilers

Mirri Maz Duur was using Shadow Weaving. The same ability that Quaithe has and Melisandre uses. Those shadow beings were shadow weaving, not something intrinsic to the Lord of Light religion itself.

I'm getting confused if you read the books, because you'd know we already met the guy Bran (not Brad) meets.

White Walkers are Sidhe type creatures with the ability to manipulate ice. It is still postulated that Bran the Builder buillt the wall.

The 3-eyed crow in book 5 explained very little what he was and what his back story was. That part of the story is still wide open (and IMO too "traditional fantasy writing".)

Was "shadow weaving" ever explained in the book?

Anyway, my point still stands, the magic the red priests used to revived dead people was a tier more powerful than all the other magic practitioners. I don't like it.

A year late, but I just showed my friend the episode (he's just caught up on all the series).

I think what's really underrated in all the reaction stories is how successfully they made you drop their guard before shit went down. I wish I'd had recorded his reaction, cause he fully bought how happy and gleeful the proceedings were up to that point, pointing out how things turned around for silly Edmund Tully.

And then the shocked reaction afterwards. Talk about blindsided.

And back when the episode aired, my friend at the time? She moved some furniture around when that happened, cause Robb and Cat were her favorites. She thought they were setting up a huge fight for next season.

It's funny how you can see a commonality in body language in all the reaction videos where people perk up in alarm, then jerk in shock when it happens, like the little exclamation mark in MGS games.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I saw this episode long after the fact, so i was basically ruined by everyone freaking the fuck out over this episode. Didnt live up to the hype. Was expecting everyone to fucking die. I didnt know details so i at least had some surprise.

I remember coming home from an absolutely insane stag weekend and my wife (to be, at the time was away) so I came home to an empty house in fuckin bits. I had read the books so knew what was coming, was in pretty bad shape physically and mentally due to the stag but MAN the absolute brutality and hopelessness of the scene completely sent me over the edge! I was gobsmacked! Just like that compilation video, hands over the mouth etc.
MY BODY WAS NOT READY.
Amazing though!

SpyGuy239

JESUS CHRIST. Sorry to bring up this old thread. Literally just saw this episode.

I have heard about the Red Wedding before but managed to keep away from all spoilers all these years, so I don't actually know what was to happen or who would die. Never read the books.

DAAAYYYYMMMMM jesus, I'm in shock right now. I was not expecting any of this. This has to be the first show that has got my heart literally beating fast after the fact.

OMG. GAME OF THRONES AM AMAZING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom