• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

robotrock

Banned
They will. I had some issues when I pre-ordered the rare ones and when I contacted them they said it's not a problem to ship them at the same time. I had them include the Super Hexagon EP as well as to cut down on what seems to be some inevitable custom fees. It took them some time to respond to the e-mail, though.
Duuude, seriously? I asked them to combine my Battletoads+Perfect Dark order with my Banjo Kazooie order so I would only pay one shipping fee, but they wouldn't do it. They said it's because they only ship a maximum of two LPs at a time.

Duuude, seriously? I asked them to combine my Battletoads+Perfect Dark order with my Banjo Kazooie order so I would only pay one shipping fee, but they wouldn't do it. They said it's because they only ship a maximum of two LPs at a time.

They combined mine, too, and I ordered them all. My first email went unanswered, but they quickly responded to my second. They said they'll refund once they actually ship, but they gave me a new combined order number.

rpbtz

That's weird. Write them again and say you know they've combined orders for other people.

NekoFever

The Guardian just put up an article about game soundtracks on vinyl: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/aug/27/video-game-soundtrack-vinyl-reissue

This part in the blurb at the end caught my eye:

Battletoads, Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark are out now on iam8bit. Streets of Rage, Shenmue and Shinobi III are available to pre-order now from Data Discs. Street Fighter II will be released by Brave Wave later this year.

Looks like we know what their third release is going to be now.

Edit: Damn it, rpbtz!

robotrock

Banned
They combined mine, too, and I ordered them all. My first email went unanswered, but they quickly responded to my second. They said they'll refund once they actually ship, but they gave me a new combined order number.
That's weird. Write them again and say you know they've combined orders for other people.

Haven't got that combined order number yet, but they are now apparently combining my orders. Cool! Maybe now I'll consider picking up the Bit Trip thing.

Shinobi III, really? Koshiro didn't even do that soundtrack.

Maybe they misspoke and meant Revenge...?

Three albums eh?!

sdancera.jpg
rshinobia.jpg
shinobi3a.jpg

Brick

Have they started shipping the Journey LPs from iam8bit yet? They are supposed to go out by the end of August, if I remember right.

JoshGrilli

Neo Member
You can now pre-order the Persona 4: Dancing All Night Remix LP:

http://ebten.jp/p/3000130600054/

It looks like it'll ship in late September.

Yesss! I didn't even know this was a thing. Definitely need to pick this up and Mother 2. As for any of the iam8bit stuff I'm done dealing with them. They have a terrible support team and overcharge on shipping. It hurts my wallet to order anything from them.

kiun

Didn't one of you guys say the delivery packaging on this was crappy? I'm a little hesitant to get it. are they selling these in hot topic stores?

right, mine was delivered in a thin bubble envelope without any protection whatsoever.

levelplane

Neo Member
Damn, just had to nab that Mother 2 Blue/Yellow Vinyl.
Almost missed it too!
Price hurts in CDN.
I think it's worth it though.

And to the surprise of no one, the Journey vinyl from iam8bit has been delayed. It was due to a quality control issue from the manufacturer. They're giving everyone a 20% off coupon to make up for it.

The sold the HM2 release I believe.

Oh, that's right. Did that turn out well?

I find it weird that they didn't say what the defect was. I wonder how that works sending 1,000 records back to a factory. That's a lot of fucking money that place just lost if they eat the entire cost, which they obviously should.

rpbtz

I find it weird that they didn't say what the defect was. I wonder how that works sending 1,000 records back to a factory. That's a lot of fucking money that place just lost if they eat the entire cost, which they obviously should.

I haven't heard of any issues with the HM2 soundtrack, other than a few reports of some damages to the cover during shipping. My copy turned out just fine.

They did also release 300 Battletoads copies for SDCC, which afaik were also perfectly fine.

It was done well, and it's actually quite common now to see pressings being delayed due to manufacturing mistakes. It's not the label's fault, it's actually them keeping us safe from shitty quality pressings.

Vinyl is so popular now that the factories that are still around are totally overbooked and rush to meet deadlines.

rpbtz

Just received a refund notification from iam8bit regarding the shipping from combining orders. Just realized that this $29 refund is an entire new record in itself :p

Yeah, they just made it official on their facebook page. Shipping out in the order they were received, album 3 won't go up for pre-sale before all of the previous orders for Streets of Rage and Shenmue ship.

Yeah, they just made it official on their facebook page. Shipping out in the order they were received, album 3 won't go up for pre-sale before all of the previous orders for Streets of Rage and Shenmue ship.

Thats smart i guess. Will avoid a thousand "where's my previous order?!" -questions.

MilkLizard

First of all, this is a great thread.

I got my shipping confirmation from DATA as well and will post pics here asap.

Can't wait for Shenmue...

Just received a refund notification from iam8bit regarding the shipping from combining orders. Just realized that this $29 refund is an entire new record in itself :p

Me too, but my refund was $20. How much was the shipping that you were hoping to get refunded? I was wanting a refund of $12.17, so $20 is generous.

rpbtz

Me too, but my refund was $20. How much was the shipping that you were hoping to get refunded? I was wanting a refund of $12.17, so $20 is generous.

They agreed to combine three orders that had a combined shipping price of $77.25. So with a $29 refund that's $48.25 in international shipping. I guess I had expected a little more, but ~$50 international shipping for 4 records isn't unheard of.

Does anyone want a code for the Shatter soundtrack on Bandcamp?

I had already bought it, but got a download code with the vinyl. PM me if you want it!

On that, I finally got to have a look at the Shatter record. I opted for one of the 'damaged' ones but far out I struggle to find any kind of damage, top notch stuff! It's so pretty.

It's killing me that my turntable is in a box until I get a proper house where I can set it up again. Got quite a backlog of records to spin when the time comes!

Yup, got my refund too. Cheers to them for doing that.

And to the surprise of no one, the Journey vinyl from iam8bit has been delayed. It was due to a quality control issue from the manufacturer. They're giving everyone a 20% off coupon to make up for it.

maybe they noticed it was a picture disc

you guys are getting refunds for the journey set?

Nah, for the Rare set. The site was busted and people had to order them all individually rather than as one cart. iam8bit combined the orders for people, so that's where the refunds are coming from. The Journey delay is being apologized for with a 20% off coupon.

Top Bottom