• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

RaidenZR

I just saw the Abzu and Guardian delay emails. This is beyond the point of getting old and they should really feel some shame at the frequency of delays. The emails are something else with that spin factor. I mean, the way it's worded feels almost sarcastic given this has happened numerous times in the past 6 months. Just lay out the facts and stop trying dressing it up... and stop trying to bite off more product than you can ship
on time

akileese

Ah yes, Record Store Day, the good old scapegoat. Sure, it shits up the presses with Linkin Park picture discs, but that doesn't excuse poor planning. Record Store Day happens the same time each year! Yall know better than that

Wasn't it originally due out in January when they announced it? I've said it before and i'll say it forever, but they need to take on less releases and not announce this shit until it's fucking pressed and sitting in their warehouse like ya know, just about every other VGM vinyl company ever.

megalowho

Amanita Designs is having a sale on Samorost 3 merch, including the excellent 2x vinyl soundtrack. It's $18.70 for folks in the US. They also just got a repress of the orange Machinarium vinyl soundtrack for $20, it was $51 for both with shipping for me :)

https://merch.amanita-design.net/co...s/samorost-3-soundtrack-by-floex-double-vinyl

S3_Vinyl_2_1024x1024.jpg

Machinarium_vinyl_1024x1024.jpg
Ooh, thanks for the heads up. That Samorost 3 soundtrack is fantastic.

Amanita Designs is having a sale on Samorost 3 merch, including the excellent 2x vinyl soundtrack. It's $18.70 for folks in the US. They also just got a repress of the orange Machinarium vinyl soundtrack for $20, it was $51 for both with shipping for me :)

Oh awesome! Thanks for the head's up. :D

Wasn't it originally due out in January when they announced it? I've said it before and i'll say it forever, but they need to take on less releases and not announce this shit until it's fucking pressed and sitting in their warehouse like ya know, just about every other VGM vinyl company ever.

iam8bit definitely needs to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. I'm fine with taking preorders, I just got Snatcher nearly 3 months after I bought it after all (granted, nearly 2 of those weeks were East cost winter storm fun!), but this strategy of announcing with mockups the second paperwork is signed is clearly biting them in the ass. A simple twitter search of iam8bit reveals people fucking PISSED about all things REZ with them: from the record delays/price, to the botched disc version, to the fact that they still haven't put out the digital soundtrack. The only positive things on the REZ front seem to be the shirts/pins.

Data Discs and STS seem to be doing it right (granted, I don't have any DD, as I have no nostalgia for their releases. I haven't played Snatcher, but it's music is rad so I picked it up anyway), announcing as close to release as possible, and putting out preorders for something that might be more niche. Plus, they've been doing vinyl stuff for what... 2.5-ish years now? They should know when rushes at the plants are. There's like 2 dozen plants in the world right now, and two times when everything is terrible (Record Store Day and Record Store Day Black Friday), so they should know when delays would happen by now.

rpbtz

Heads up if some of you are still waiting on the Spread variant from Mondo. They didn't get all their inventory from the plant at once which is why some people haven't received a shipping notification yet. They should get the remaining copies in the next few weeks.

BTails

Heads up if some of you are still waiting on the Spread variant from Mondo. They didn't get all their inventory from the plant at once which is why some people haven't received a shipping notification yet. They should get the remaining copies in the next few weeks.

That would explain it. The one good thing about the delay is that because of it, they were able to combine shipping with Castlevania 3 for me as well.

Not to belabor the point, but iam8bit does not get it. They think they are justified in delays since "we refuse to put out shoddy product."

That's great. They do put out a great product, eventually

The thing they are missing is that they have a reputation now for delays. It will catch up to them. They are obviously horrible at estimating their turn around time, and worse case scenarios.

They should under promise and over deliver for a good long while

akileese

Not to belabor the point, but iam8bit does not get it. They think they are justified in delays since "we refuse to put out shoddy product."

That's great. They do put out a great product, eventually

The thing they are missing is that they have a reputation now for delays. It will catch up to them. They are obviously horrible at estimating their turn around time, and worse case scenarios.

They should under promise and over deliver for a good long while

It's super simple. Don't announce and open when the paperwork is signed. Wait until it's pressed and on the way to your facilities. That way if there is a customs delay, it's like a week or two instead of "well I know we announced this thing and forgot about literally the biggest production period of the year! Our bad! Quality!" That doesn't fly.

akileese

Why not just wait for iam8bit to have the product in stock instead of preordering it?

That's what we've all been saying since last summer (and I know a bunch of us are preaching that). That said, this thread is basically the same 20 people and we make up a pretty small populating of the VGM Vinyl community.

WAY too many vulnerabilities in the production of vinyl to ever get too caught up in a release date, especially with a small label. I will eventually pick up the Uncharted 1-3 collection, but I definitely have learned my lesson long ago not to pre-order these type of things

Big Wazu

So I'm thinking about framing some of what I got. Anybody here have any experience with it? I'm pretty new to this still, so I'd like some input on what's a good frame to get. I'm not looking for anything real fancy.

Currently want to frame my Snatcher and Death Stranding vinyls.

Spwn

So I'm thinking about framing some of what I got. Anybody here have any experience with it? I'm pretty new to this still, so I'd like some input on what's a good frame to get. I'm not looking for anything real fancy.

Currently want to frame my Snatcher and Death Stranding vinyls.

IKEA has frames for vinyl. Cheap and they work fine. Quite easy to get the records in and out.

It's not on vinyl (hopefully it will be someday), but has anyone listened to the soundtrack for Linelight? It's one I would love to see get a proper physical release.

rpbtz

It's not on vinyl (hopefully it will be someday), but has anyone listened to the soundtrack for Linelight? It's one I would love to see get a proper physical release.

I've only seen the soundtrack for sale on Steam and couldn't find any samples elsewhere. What I've heard is from review videos on YouTube and I agree - it sounds really, really good! Definitely wouldn't mind getting that one on vinyl.

While we're talking about what we'd like to eventually see on vinyl, I think it's bizarre that a successful (well over 1m+ sold) game thats focused so much on music, BIT TRIP Runner 2, hasn't gotten the vinyl treatment.

Choice Provisions teamed up with iam8bit to release the licenced guest collaborations for the original saga on vinyl, but not the game's own composed soundtrack? And the same for Runner2? LRGs are doing it some justice with a CD though, thankfully...

RaidenZR

Came home to Castlevania III arriving from Mondo. Really nice package and the split color LP's are really nice in person. Not the best pics but figured I'd put them up since no one else seems to have gotten theirs yet.

Also included a card promoting Silent Hill 1 - coming in "Spring 2017". Looks like a tease of the cover art, too!

BTails

Damn... I can't wait for Mondo to ship my copies of Castlevania 2, 3, and Contra...

I'm also still waiting for my copy of Snatcher from The Yetee: apparently it arrived in Canada on March 15, but still hasn't been delivered yet...

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Am I gonna regret not buying CV3? lol

definitely interested in Castlevania tho

No exaggeration, it's probably my favorite video game LP out of the three dozen or so I own. Part of that is nostalgia, but having both NES and Famicom versions in the same package is a dream.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Came home to Castlevania III arriving from Mondo. Really nice package and the split color LP's are really nice in person. Not the best pics but figured I'd put them up since no one else seems to have gotten theirs yet.

Also included a card promoting Silent Hill 1 - coming in "Spring 2017". Looks like a tease of the cover art, too!

giphy.gif

Instabuy, will only listen to on dark foggy nights...

Dan-o

My copy of Castlevania III arrived today. Hoping to play it a bit tonight.
Amazing that a company can actually ship something when they say they will, without having to be prodded multiple times as if delivering their products to paying customers is some sort of inconvenience.

Castlevania III procured. I still can't believe that awful, has nothing to do with the game or series art was approved.

Nier Autoama OST would be amazing to have on record, but its such a big OST it would probably have to be condensed..
I would honestly take a separate LP of just the
chiptune soundtrack

Got mine today as well!

Composed by Akira Yamaoka KONAMI

Where do most people go to buy their vinyls? I'm super new to this whole...vinyl thing and want some pro advice.

Is it still possible to find the Furi soundtrack? :eek:

Where do most people go to buy their vinyls? I'm super new to this whole...vinyl thing and want some pro advice.

www.discogs.com serves me more than well in an isolated area, but a physical record store or Goodwill / Salvation Army is where 'real deals' exist- those are the places you'll find preowned Marvin Gaye originals for like, five dollars a pop if you wade through the collected refuse of previous decades of the record industry.

Yup: http://furi.hitpoint.tv/furi-original-soundtrack-vinyl-2xlp

Lots of labels sell gaming-related vinyl! Try data-discs for a SEGA fix (and the best experience VG vinyl has to offer!), Ship to Shore for some quality stuff, and iam8bit for a varied lineup. Caveat with iam8bit, though... stick to stuff that's in-stock.

There are tons more but there's a good start.

akileese

Iam8bit is doing a physical Hyper Light Drifter release, which starts shipping Monday. What a novel concept, announcing something when you have it!

Yup: http://furi.hitpoint.tv/furi-original-soundtrack-vinyl-2xlp

Lots of labels sell gaming-related vinyl! Try data-discs for a SEGA fix (and the best experience VG vinyl has to offer!), Ship to Shore for some quality stuff, and iam8bit for a varied lineup. Caveat with iam8bit, though... stick to stuff that's in-stock.

There are tons more but there's a good start.

Cheers. I was hurting a bit when I found that Furi link and just went ahead and ordered it now! Thanks!

Top Bottom