• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

t got bumped to "early May".

Early May of which year tho?

tumblr_inline_oo2vgviKYo1qb9x1g_500.gif

MONDO
Silent Hill - Original Video Game Soundtrack 2XLP. Music by Konami Digital Entertainment. Artwork by Sam Wolfe Connelly. Pressed on 180 Snowfall Colored Vinyl. $30

Mondo is proud present the premiere vinyl release of the soundtrack to the haunting 1999 original Playstation title, SILENT HILL.

Set in the eponymous town of SILENT HILL, you play as Harry Mason after a car crash leaves you stranded and searching for his missing adopted daughter, Cheryl. But this town is not what it seems, and Harry quickly discovers that his daughter's disappearance may be a connected to the town's mysterious cult activity.

Don't let the tone of the plucky mandolin driven opening track fool you; this is one of the most haunting soundtracks we've ever released. Full of hair-raising, pulse-pounding, industrial cues, the soundtrack to SILENT HILL is the stuff of nightmares. Which is important, since SILENT HILL (and its subsequent sequels) has its feet planted firmly in the legacy of survival horror gaming.

Pressed on 2X 180 Gram "Snow Fall" Colored Vinyl (Clear with Heavy White splatter) and featuring original artwork by Sam Wolfe Connelly.
Silent_Hill_Disc_1024x1024.jpg

Expensive week!

Saroyan

Damn, I'm in for Darius and Ninja Gaiden. Thankfully I have no attachment to Silent Hill so I will probably skip that one, not as expensive as it could have been.

One step closer to the almighty Silent Hill 2.... Oh what I'd do for a standard black release, but even "Pyramid Head Placenta Exclusive Red Edition" LPs will garner my undying affection.

BTails

Silent Hill and Castlevania 1 repress... Still waiting on my CS2, 3, and Contra 3 Splatter from Mondo too. And my Snatcher. Lots of goodies coming my way soon!

RaidenZR

Holy fuck... My wallet is dead this week. Darius, NG, and SH? Mixed blessing...

WTF @ Darius and SH. NG is enough, but man I'm taking the family on vacation next week for school break.

This might involve some financial jiggery-pokery on my part.

Just sell your body on the street. Easiest option at this point.

wow that's a busy monday morning for game OSTs on vinyl. pretty neat.

yeah I'm gonna hold out for SH2 if that really is to be the case. I never finished the first game way back when so there isn't really much I remember about it. I will say this new SH1 release is tempting though.

kanuuna

Should I buy the iam8bit Hyper Light Drifter 4xLP for $75 or should I buy the BraveWave Ninja Gaiden 4xLP for $100

Given how mixed the response to a lot of iam8bit's stuff, the latter is probably a less of a headache. You'd probably have to wait for HLD for a while - the first batch still hasn't been sent out (should be out in the next few weeks) and the next run is scheduled for Q2 (which seems highly optimistic coming from them).

Then again, it's not exactly a like-for-like comparison - go with what you dig more.

Mondo put up some limited warehouse finds today, I got lucky and scored The Last of Us box set

Maybe I shouldn't have unsubscribed from that newsletter a couple of weeks back. That's one set I really, really want in my collection (preferably at a price point lower than 280€).
Hopefully they'll do a rerun once TLOU2 nears release.

Strange, they still have both Castlevania limited variants for sale, guess they added hundreds more? They were originally sold out in 15 minutes :D
Sometimes they reprint, sometimes they've found stock they allotted elsewhere, they rarely say which and you'll never know if they're lying hahaha

Plus the usual cancellations, returns, changed minds, etc.

Top Bottom