• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

th4tguy

Anyone see that Persona 5 soundtrack is now on iam8bit?

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/persona-5-vinyl-soundtrack

02_Persona5_Vinyl_Reg_large.png

Edit: Nevermind, I'm late to the party.

whaaaat?!?! they went on sale at 10AM; by the time I left work at 4PM they were still available. I didn't check when I got home, but that's a lot of available hours.

regardless of how fast they sold, they were limited so iam8bit had a guaranteed profit on them no matter what, and they knew they could get away with it too -_-

Yeah I've since been told the same thing from many others, so I have no idea why I was getting sold out when I was trying to purchase.

Either way, somehow I got back in on it a couple days ago. So I have my shiny, perhaps a touch overpriced set preordered! Yay!

Mondo got me taken care of on the Silent Hill vinyl jacket. Mine arrived pretty torn up along the top. They got me a new jacket quickly and its in perfect condition!

JEKKI

I have mine on a bookshelf, but some people enjoy using Milk Crates like these for them:

Screen-Shot-2014-04-29-at-10.06.33-AM.png
bruh... I literally jus ranted a few posts above yours that those things dont exist.

They're fake, a figment of your imagination, you think they're real but in actuality you've never even seen one before.

urban legends say they've been outlawed similar to Homies figures in the 90s... gotta spend your quarters playing Samurai Shodown at the local Round Table Pizza instead, coz you aint buying any Homies.

bruh... I literally jus ranted a few posts above yours that those things dont exist.

They're fake, a figment of your imagination, you think they're real but in actuality you've never even seen one before.

urban legends say they've been outlawed similar to Homies figures in the 90s... gotta spend your quarters playing Samurai Shodown at the local Round Table Pizza instead, coz you aint buying any Homies.

Check Amazon, lots of various ones are on there :)

I love Homies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEXX4bfWgFo

rpbtz

Just stumbled across this instrumental hiphop reimagining of Ocarina of Time, which comes out on vinyl later this month: https://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Hip-Hop-Rap/Instrumentals/Flyrule.html

Can be streamed and downloaded here: https://shag.bandcamp.com/album/flyrule

I know Vinyl-Digital has a dodgy history in terms of hiphop bootlegs, but the artist has posted this as well, and VD wouldn't put their own name on anything that's not legit (they're releasing it on their own label), so I'm not too worried about this one.

BTails

Castlevania 1 and Silent Hill came last night! I didn't get a chance to play CV1 yet, but I did listen to the first disc of Silent Hill and it sounds amazing. The vinyl is whisper quiet, which is practically a necessity for this soundtrack consider how much it plays with silence as part of the music.

Another fine product from Mondo. Now if they'd only stop using DHL when shipping to Canada, they might be my favourite label doing VGM...
Who am I kidding, Data-Discs 4 life!!111

I ended up just getting the really useful box you mentioned (£15 on amazon). The lid just helps if/when little people are around, or a beverage spills from the desk onto the box. Just needed a place to store them rather than display/peruse right now.

deoee

Ok guys, I don't know where elso to ask:

I've got two Vinyl Soundtracks left over from iam8bit:

Rocket League LP and Undertale LP

They are unused/never heard once and are just sitting around here.

If anyone is interested in buying them: I'm from EU and we surely can work something out.
Just send me a PM if you are interested!

Shaneus

So 8bit just retweeted this:
5Zlim8S.png
They also replied to someone asking about it by saying "We're trying ;-)". I replied to that by saying how maybe they should try hitting their release date. And a decent price point like DD, Laced and Brave Wave.

Let's see if that gets a reply/retweet.

akileese

They also replied to someone asking about it by saying "We're trying ;-)". I replied to that by saying how maybe they should try hitting their release date. And a decent price point like DD, Laced and Brave Wave.

Let's see if that gets a reply/retweet.

It won't. Or they'll make some quip about how it's worth the wait. Their PR is completely and utterly delusional.

Haha.

I'm getting spammed by Persona 5 iam8bit vinyl ads on Facebook. I left a comment, a reply to someone, that iam8bit price gouges and doesn't support media mail.

3 DAYS later a reply with their standard copy pasta trite comes along.

Jet Set Radio and JSRF soundtracks would be amazing on vinyl but I really hope they won't go with iam8bit.

Same.

It's incredibly frustrating that things I would purchase on vinyl are produced by them. But I'm not going to give in and support their nonsense.

akileese

Could always take to tweeting Naganuma directly and telling them how you dislike iam8bit for their business practices. I think we're at the point where reaching out to the people who deal with the rights is the only way to get the message across. If they lose one or two deals because of fan outcry, that might make them change how they do business.

So has iam$75fora2xLPbit ever tweeted/retweeted about a game that they didn't eventually announce?

I know they were retweeting Stranger Things mentions back when, which thankfully didn't happen (it's also not a game, so).

akileese

So has iam$75fora2xLPbit ever tweeted/retweeted about a game that they didn't eventually announce?

I know they were retweeting Stranger Things mentions back when, which thankfully didn't happen (it's also not a game, so).

They retweet/subtweet a lot of stuff so there's no way to know for sure. It does certainly seem like they only do it if they're really trying to nab the rights.

Shaneus

FUCK THIS.

FUCK THAT.

FUCK EVERYTHING.

NOT LIKE THIS.

NOT LIKE THIS.

NOT LIKE THIS.

$95 2XLP INCOMING.

NOT LIKE THIS.

WHY?

NOT LIKE THIS.

WHY?

NOT LIKE THIS.

WHY?
Like I said, they said "they're trying".

Also, keep in mind that while the Rez rights are owned by Mizuguchi or whoever, JSR/JSRF is still a Sega property. And given the only soundtrack to a Dreamcast game that Sega owns the rights to is Shenmue on Data Discs, I'd be expecting them to release it, not iam8bit.

entremet

iam8bit sure has some clout.

They're rights acquisition team is amazing. But I can't support their price gouging ways. I don't want that to become the new normal.

Top Bottom