• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

RaidenZR

For those in the US - Sonic Mania at Mondo this week:

Mondo said:
LLMoJxGm.jpg

DISTRIBUTED TITLE
Sonic Mania - Original Video Game Soundtrack LP
. Released on Data Discs Records. Music by Tee Lopes. Pressed on 180g Sonic Blue Vinyl (Also available on 180g Black Vinyl). $27

Just in time for Sonic's 26th Anniversary, and to celebrate the launch of his newest adventure, SEGA and Data Discs are proud to announce the official SONIC MANIA vinyl album.

The SONIC MANIA LP features 16 new tracks by composer Tee Lopes, as well as new gatefold art featuring Sonic, Tails and Knuckles exploring the lush vistas of Green Hill Zone Act 2. The vinyl album is a must-have for any fan or Sonic music aficionado, and a gorgeous addition to any Sonic collection.

Pressed on 180g translucent ”Sonic Blue" vinyl and packaged in a heavyweight gatefold sleeve with UV spot varnish, this release features new and exclusive artwork, along with a printed inner sleeve featuring an array of characters from the game. It also includes a download code of the album in both lossy and lossless formats. Also available on 180g Black vinyl.

OnPoint

I don't know about your budget and size constraints but I'll be buying this for my bedroom very soon, I know it's pretty popular among vinyl collectors as the compartments are 1-2 inches higher than a record.

Here's the range...

sv8IbfX.png

Awesome thanks!

I'm going to measure when I get home today. I'm thinking I might do a 2x4 horizontally with a 1x4 next to it vertically. Not sure if it will fit in the space, but I'll find out soon!

No such thing as a consensus if it's your personal opinion. I really like the guy and have all of his releases. According to him, he tries to get licenses for his releases, but he rarely gets any answers at all. It's technically piracy, but it doesn't pirate an actual available product. If I could buy the stuff he does on licensed vinyl, I would.

It also hurts potential future sales and sucks for the small labels negotiating if 500 copies already exist. Castlevania for example did get an official release already.

Auctopus

Awesome thanks!

I'm going to measure when I get home today. I'm thinking I might do a 2x4 horizontally with a 1x4 next to it vertically. Not sure if it will fit in the space, but I'll find out soon!

You're welcome. That's IKEA if that wasn't obvious already, forgot to mention that.

I got a reply from Iam8bit regarding the Sunset Riders vinyl.

Seems that they don't have them in yet but said VERY SOON(they were supposed to arrive on July 20)

Has anyone ordered from Data Discs in the UK before? I want to pre-order the Sonic Mania soundtrack on vinyl but was wondering if they'll charge me when I order, or once the vinyl will have shipped in Sept?

rpbtz

Just a heads up - Data Discs just tweeted that all Sonic Mania variants are close to being sold out. They'll most likely do a repress, but if you want one in September you probably shouldn't wait too long.

Chinner

Banned
Just a heads up - Data Discs just tweeted that all Sonic Mania variants are close to being sold out. They'll most likely do a repress, but if you want one in September you probably shouldn't wait too long.
I wonder if this was a bigger pressing than usual.

scaffa

Anyone else try to get the Akira OST vinyl?

I know it's not gaming but holy shit it's impossible to get right now.

I want that OST but does anyone know if it's available from an european store? I actually don't want that splatter version but just the black one.

^Since we are already off-topic but topic adjacent; Ghost in the Shell got an official vinyl release. Anyone pick it up? Worth the money if one has a boot?

Dan-o

Any chance of splatter getting a repressing? I don't mind black but I'd like to get the splatter.

Highly doubtful. Milan Records specifically said it was limited to 400 units. I'm actually surprised they allocated any of those to Mondo or anyone else... must have been less than 50.

rpbtz

Highly doubtful. Milan Records specifically said it was limited to 400 units. I'm actually surprised they allocated any of those to Mondo or anyone else... must have been less than 50.

It's actually 1000 copies. Milan clarified that the 400 were only for their own store - the remaining 600 were for various other distros.

OSHAN

^Since we are already off-topic but topic adjacent; Ghost in the Shell got an official vinyl release. Anyone pick it up? Worth the money if one has a boot?

I have it. Not the LE, though. LE has a 7" included with a song I don't care for, and some liner notes. Didn't seem worth the 20 dollar mark-up over the standard release.

Standard release is on 180g black vinyl (LE is black as well), and the album sounds great. I can't compare it to any of the previous boots that were available, but GitS is one of the best soundtracks straight-up. It does seem to be mastered on the quiet side. Using an Ortofon 2M Bronze/Schiit Ragnarok/KEF LS50 combination.

The art is a bit underwhelming, but no difference with the LE art.

P3/P5 Dance Moon/Star Night announced, I hope they put out a vinyl release for them like P4DAN! I will be watching here, cdjapan, etc like a hawk!

akileese

P3/P5 Dance Moon/Star Night announced, I hope they put out a vinyl release for them like P4DAN! I will be watching here, cdjapan, etc like a hawk!

May wanna cool your jets just a little haha! They're both spring 2018 (and that's atlus spring....so summer) releases. Soundtracks usually follow shortly after. There's a good chance they won't be out for almost a year.

May wanna cool your jets just a little haha! They're both spring 2018 (and that's atlus spring....so summer) releases. Soundtracks usually follow shortly after. There's a good chance they won't be out for almost a year.

Yes, after release I should of said, haha. But it will be great if they do it as well.

Hmmm im wondering if the 2x4 £39 unit can be used long ways?

for my records I have a 2x4 kallax vertically stacked next to a 2x4 kallax that's horizontal to make an L shape and it works great

the 2x4 by itself would be fine enough but my wife likes having the records at eye level

Buying the sonic mania for my brother for christmas and might as well get the hot fuzz while I'm at it

Brave Wave is taking preorders for a repress of the Ninja Gaiden box set: https://www.bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave/music/gs-003-4

Man wtf? I preordered the first press of the box set when it first went on sale back in April. I successfully ordered and paid and everything. Then a couple weeks ago when everyone was getting their copies, I noticed mine hadn't shipped, so I emailed them about it and they said due to a glitch in their system, although I had ordered and paid, the box set was actually sold out and my order just sat in limbo. Apparently I was one of six other people who had that problem. Then they said all the box sets were sold out and they offered to send me vol 1 and 2 for free. Well those two arrived yesterday and it turns out they weren't free, they just refunded me the difference. Now a day later I hear they're repressing the box set. Fuck Bigwax.

RaidenZR

Man wtf? I preordered the first press of the box set when it first went on sale back in April. I successfully ordered and paid and everything. Then a couple weeks ago when everyone was getting their copies, I noticed mine hadn't shipped, so I emailed them about it and they said due to a glitch in their system, although I had ordered and paid, the box set was actually sold out and my order just sat in limbo. Apparently I was one of six other people who had that problem. Then they said all the box sets were sold out and they offered to send me vol 1 and 2 for free. Well those two arrived yesterday and it turns out they weren't free, they just refunded me the difference. Now a day later I hear they're repressing the box set. Fuck Bigwax.

That fucking sucks- did you open the stand alone releases? Even if, I'd send them back, tell them they should pay for the shipping, and insist they give you priority on the box set since that's what you ordered the first time.

Some serious bullshit. You'd think they would have contacted you about the box set considering they would have had to have made that decision a little before announcing it and taking new orders.

That fucking sucks- did you open the stand alone releases? Even if, I'd send them back, tell them they should pay for the shipping, and insist they give you priority on the box set since that's what you ordered the first time.

Some serious bullshit. You'd think they would have contacted you about the box set considering they would have had to have made that decision a little before announcing it and taking new orders.

I opened the box but I didn't open the records. I'm actually typing up an email to them right now asking for a refund. Pretty pissed.

That's fucked up.

Top Bottom