• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Champloo4

I tweeted at SL9 about the upcoming Borderlands vinyl. They replied saying release info would be coming "very soon."

#1 with a bullet for me. Cannot wait.

Dan-o

Man wtf? I preordered the first press of the box set when it first went on sale back in April. I successfully ordered and paid and everything. Then a couple weeks ago when everyone was getting their copies, I noticed mine hadn't shipped, so I emailed them about it and they said due to a glitch in their system, although I had ordered and paid, the box set was actually sold out and my order just sat in limbo. Apparently I was one of six other people who had that problem. Then they said all the box sets were sold out and they offered to send me vol 1 and 2 for free. Well those two arrived yesterday and it turns out they weren't free, they just refunded me the difference. Now a day later I hear they're repressing the box set. Fuck Bigwax.

Fuck 'em. Do a chargeback on your card. That's some bullshit right there, man.

RaidenZR

Fuck 'em. Do a chargeback on your card. That's some bullshit right there, man.

Yeah, if they aren't making things right in the next reply this is the only course of action that seems reasonable based on them not providing reliable customer service. You didn't get what you originally paid for, they couldn't provide that item, and as today they're not being forthcoming about the repress news (or different departments aren't bothering to communicate with each other- which isn't your fucking problem) then it's just a complete failure to make the customer happy.

iam8bit releasing a Smash Hit/PinOut 2LP: https://store.iam8bit.com/products/smash-hit-pinout-2xlp-vinyl-soundtracks
smashhit-pinout_store_square-cover-B_grande.jpg

Got two emails for this all of a sudden. I like Pin-Out's soundtrack, and I bought it from his bandcamp page when it was available, but why the fuck is everything a pre-order with iam8bit? I realize it's somewhat rhetorical at this point to ask that... but is the demand for this really so incalculable that you can't just print a finite stock and sell it when it's ready to ship? Am I ignorant? I'm curious what the determining market factors are that I'm just not aware of...

Yeah, if they aren't making things right in the next reply this is the only course of action that seems reasonable based on them not providing reliable customer service. You didn't get what you originally paid for, they couldn't provide that item, and as today they're not being forthcoming about the repress news (or different departments aren't bothering to communicate with each other- which isn't your fucking problem) then it's just a complete failure to make the customer happy.

They have a Gaf account too, shouldn't be too hard to solve without having to rely on chargebacks.

They are a small outfit too and can use the support if you atleast enjoy the records.

Man wtf? I preordered the first press of the box set when it first went on sale back in April. I successfully ordered and paid and everything. Then a couple weeks ago when everyone was getting their copies, I noticed mine hadn't shipped, so I emailed them about it and they said due to a glitch in their system, although I had ordered and paid, the box set was actually sold out and my order just sat in limbo. Apparently I was one of six other people who had that problem. Then they said all the box sets were sold out and they offered to send me vol 1 and 2 for free. Well those two arrived yesterday and it turns out they weren't free, they just refunded me the difference. Now a day later I hear they're repressing the box set. Fuck Bigwax.

Holy shit. I don't know how tied together Bigwax and Bravewave are, but that doesn't seem like something that Bravewave would be down for at all. That's incredibly fucked up.

akileese

Got two emails for this all of a sudden. I like Pin-Out's soundtrack, and I bought it from his bandcamp page when it was available, but why the fuck is everything a pre-order with iam8bit? I realize it's somewhat rhetorical at this point to ask that... but is the demand for this really so incalculable that you can't just print a finite stock and sell it when it's ready to ship? Am I ignorant? I'm curious what the determining market factors are that I'm just not aware of...

They essentially get the rights super early and then use pre-orders to crowd fund the purchases. Like, they're treating Persona 5 as a fully funded kickstarter (with progress vids and everything). Also, much like kickstarter, nothing ever releases on time.

kubus

Hi vinylgaf!

We just ordered a turntable and I feel like that was a mistake because I now have an uncontrollable urge to buy all kinds of awesome records.

Anyway, I'm about to order these Twin Peaks and Scott Pilgrim vinyl records from Amazon.com and have them shipped to Europe, but I was just wondering how Amazon's packaging is?

Both items say "Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging", but is this a good thing or should I be worried? I noticed that there's a free option to have them shipped in an "Amazon Box". Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this and what the best option would be!

rpbtz

Hi vinylgaf!

We just ordered a turntable and I feel like that was a mistake because I now have an uncontrollable urge to buy all kinds of awesome records.

Anyway, I'm about to order these Twin Peaks and Scott Pilgrim vinyl records from Amazon.com and have them shipped to Europe, but I was just wondering how Amazon's packaging is?

Both items say "Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging", but is this a good thing or should I be worried? I noticed that there's a free option to have them shipped in an "Amazon Box". Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this and what the best option would be!

There's been a few horror stories about Amazon shipping, but in general they are packaged just fine. One of the good things about Amazon is that they're easy to deal with in terms of replacements and returns if anything's been damaged during shipping.

Keep in mind that you may have to pay customs and import fees when ordering from the US to Europe.

Dan-o

My most recent purchase from amazon came in a typical vinyl-sized box. A little thin, but not bad. But I've had records show up loose in a giant box with those air-pocket things in there.

If you're ordering from amazon.com to a Europe address, I would imagine that they'd use the smallest (ie: best) packaging that they can... but it's hard to know for sure.

You might want to consider getting those records from another European vendor. Amazon.co.uk seems to have the two records you're after. Amazon.de does too.

Don't forget to subscribe to this thread, in addition to:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225859

:)

kubus

There's been a few horror stories about Amazon shipping, but in general they are packaged just fine. One of the good things about Amazon is that they're easy to deal with in terms of replacements and returns if anything's been damaged during shipping.

Keep in mind that you may have to pay customs and import fees when ordering from the US to Europe.
Thanks for the info! Yeah Amazon is usually really good with replacements but shipping from the US to Europe takes quite a long time so that would be a bummer if it arrived damaged. For some reason I assumed Amazon took care of all the customs and import fees because sometimes they automatically calculate it and make you pay for them in advance when you order, but for some reason they didn't when I put those items in my cart. Better not risk it then.

My most recent purchase from amazon came in a typical vinyl-sized box. A little thin, but not bad. But I've had records show up loose in a giant box with those air-pocket things in there.

If you're ordering from amazon.com to a Europe address, I would imagine that they'd use the smallest (ie: best) packaging that they can... but it's hard to know for sure.

You might want to consider getting those records from another European vendor. Amazon.co.uk seems to have the two records you're after. Amazon.de does too.

Don't forget to subscribe to this thread, in addition to:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225859

:)
Thank you! Hit or miss then, I guess! Anyway somehow I missed those records on Amazon UK/DE (I only recently learned the right way to browse vinyl on amazon...) but you're right, they're totally there as well. I just ordered both from Amazon UK. It was about $20 more than on .com, but if you factor in import fees and the long shipping time, it's worth it for me. So thanks again! :D

Will subscribe to that thread, another rabbit hole...... lol

rpbtz

Thanks for the info! Yeah Amazon is usually really good with replacements but shipping from the US to Europe takes quite a long time so that would be a bummer if it arrived damaged. For some reason I assumed Amazon took care of all the customs and import fees because sometimes they automatically calculate it and make you pay for them in advance when you order, but for some reason they didn't when I put those items in my cart. Better not risk it then.

In my experience they only handle import fees when choosing the more expensive shipping options. Either that or those records are below the minimum value you can import in which case there are no fees to be paid - but that varies a lot from country to country. It's definitely a good idea to familiarize yourself with the rules in your country if you plan on ordering records from outside Europe.

kubus

In my experience they only handle import fees when choosing the more expensive shipping options. Either that or those records are below the minimum value you can import in which case there are no fees to be paid - but that varies a lot from country to country. It's definitely a good idea to familiarize yourself with the rules in your country if you plan on ordering records from outside Europe.
Oh no worries, I am familiar with the rules in my country! Had to deal with them way too many times, my poor wallet... I've even written import guides myself, haha. I was just not familiar with how Amazon.com specifically deals with them. When I order at Amazon.co.jp for example, I always pay the custom fees up front so there are no surprises when the package arrives. The maximum import value in my country is €22, and those records were already way above that, so there definitely were gonna be import fees :(. But it's probably like you said, Amazon only handles the fees if you use a specific (most likely more expensive :p) shipping method.

I'm now ogling a couple of iam8bit records... sigh. Deeper down the rabbit hole I go :p

Champloo4

Hi vinylgaf!

I just started this hobby about a month ago. It has been fun, but the urge to order expensive records is strong. I was doing fine until I found vgm soundtracks on vinyl... now I've had to postpone my plans of early retirement and owning my own house someday. Now it's all about the music ;)

Zia

So, the Sonic Mania release isn't part of the numbered Data Discs line, right?

I'm looking for an excuse not to spend money...

So, the Sonic Mania release isn't part of the numbered Data Discs line, right?

I'm looking for an excuse not to spend money...

Correct, it's not numbered.

I guess DD doesn't want to set a precedent by offering download codes with their releases, lol

OSHAN

Correct, it's not numbered.

I guess DD doesn't want to set a precedent by offering download codes with their releases, lol

I'm glad it isn't numbered, because I have no interest in it. It's the first release that I don't want, and if it had a number, the impractical side of me would probably buy it. I'd like to know why, though. I was thinking because it is the first release from a new game, but who knows.

RaidenZR

I'm glad it isn't numbered, because I have no interest in it. It's the first release that I don't want, and if it had a number, the impractical side of me would probably buy it. I'd like to know why, though. I was thinking because it is the first release from a new game, but who knows.

I think it's more that it's not a "classic" yet. The numbered releases are not current games on current consoles really.

That said, I parted ways with the "it's numbered so I can't miss one" mentality of their lineup. I am really grateful Data Discs puts out quality releases, but I'm sorry... I just don't need a $30 Altered Beast soundtrack in my life. And as much as I love the game itself, I don't enjoy listening to Gunstar's soundtrack on its own. So with those two, the feeling of being obligated to buy the numbered releases for a collection was broken for me. My wallet has felt the relief at an opportune time, too!

RunTheGhouls

Neo Member
Haha. When I opened the SL9 newsletter email this morning, I clicked to go to the store and it showed the Witcher vinyl in stock for purchasing - on the front page.
http://spacelab9.theshoppad.com/#/p...ack-game-of-the-year-edition-triple-lp-signed

But then I clicked add to cart - and it was clearly an error.

Sorry for any confusion, guys. :/

The newsletter did mention BL, Skyrim and RE info is coming soon.
p58tTNy.png

OG Resident Evil games on vinyl would be amazing - RE1 to 3 boxset with bonus 'Director's Cut' basement music 7 inch.

Spwn

Holy hell, the ToeJam & Earl: Back In The Groove OST is $45 + postage. Sure, it includes the CD and a concept art book, but those don't really have any value for me. Guess I'll just wait Data Discs to release the Mega Drive soundtracks – those are the ones I really want.

Dan-o

Let us know how the sound is

Honestly...

I'm no audiophile... but...

I think it sounds really good! Definitely one of my favorite releases so far. Nice punchy bass in some of the songs. Hell, even my wife likes it. :D

Here's a pic of LP2. Sorry I suck at holding my phone straight. I had coffee in my other hand. :)

Spade

Honestly...

I'm no audiophile... but...

I think it sounds really good! Definitely one of my favorite releases so far. Nice punchy bass in some of the songs. Hell, even my wife likes it. :D

Here's a pic of LP2. Sorry I suck at holding my phone straight. I had coffee in my other hand. :)

Much obliged for the response :)

2nd vinyl also looks great! Your pics are good too don't worry.

Spwn

Damn. I played the hell out of this game when I was a kid. That price is just way too much though. Gonna have to pass.

That's the OST for the upcoming ToeJam & Earl game. While it does have new versions of the familiar compositions from the old games, I don't think it would satisfy your nostalgia.

Sega owns the rights for the renditions of the tracks in the Mega Drive games so there's a good chance Data Discs will put out TJ&E 1 and 2 soundtracks in the future. I bet they're among the most requested releases.

That's the OST for the upcoming ToeJam & Earl game. While it does have new versions of the familiar compositions from the old games, I don't think it would satisfy your nostalgia.

Sega owns the rights for the renditions of the tracks in the Mega Drive games so there's a good chance Data Discs will put out TJ&E 1 and 2 soundtracks in the future. I bet they're among the most requested releases.
Ah. Don't know how I missed that...duh. Thank ya.

Top Bottom