• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Baconmonk

On September 12th they tweeted that the second pressing was almost sold out. If it has been this successful, I would expect them to reprint it again for sure.

Awesome, good to hear. It appears on their site all versions are currently sold out. Not surprising, it's a great game with a great soundtrack.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Oh I see. Yikes at the price tag. Oh well, I'll keep waiting for a wide release.

If you know anyone visiting or living in Tokyo, Square Enix sells this at their official store (Artnia Cafe) in Shunjuku for less than $40. I got a copy there back in May, so I assume it would still be available.

rpbtz

The Yetee is releasing Marshall Art & Cory Johnson's Timeline EP which features VGM arrangements of music from The Legend of Zelda series, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and Undertale: https://theyetee.com/collections/all/products/timeline
Marshall01-MOCK_640x640.jpg

Does anyone know where to get those acrylic display stands that holds a 12" for putting next to your turntable for "casually" showing off which record is playing?

hawk2025

Sonic Mania arrived!

And of course I shouldn't have expected it to include any of the past Sonic tracks, don't know how I missed this :(

BTails

That would make sense. I remember people thought Galaxy Force's tease was SH. It's about time for more Hiro goodness.

If it ends up being Space Harrier, I would love if they put the death scream sound effect in the locked groove at then end of one of the sides. It's probably one of the best death SFX in any video game.

hawk2025

Heads up!

Both Cuphead and Persona are available at Amazon. $88 and $82 respectively, so cheaper and with no need to pay upfront.

Pre-ordered both :)

Persona still doesn't have any art, lol

crimnos

I loathe myself for buying this. I was devastated when I heard iam8bit had the license, and I'm supremely annoyed that I'm dropping 90 something dollars. Unfortunately, I really enjoyed the soundtrack and I know I'll end up picking it up somewhere down the line, likely at an inflated price.

ugh, ugh, ugh.

Heads up!

Both Cuphead and Persona are available at Amazon. $88 and $82 respectively, so cheaper and with no need to pay upfront.

Pre-ordered both :)

Persona still doesn't have any art, lol

wiibomb

I wouldn't give much to cuphead just yet since I don't really know how good the OST is, but on persona is damn tempting since the OST is so damn good.

Still at $82 I can't afford it just yet. too much for those record.

entremet

I wish Sonic Mania was complete. It only has the new zone tracks. :/

Sonic Mania arrived!

And of course I shouldn't have expected it to include any of the past Sonic tracks, don't know how I missed this :(

My twin!

I wanted to listen to the old remixes on my sound system. Oh well.

Neo-Alec

Neo Member
Similar to in the electronic music scene, do you think putting digitally-produced sounds on an analog medium adds something?

Dan-o

Similar to in the electronic music scene, do you think putting digitally-produced sounds on an analog medium adds something?

If the master is better than CD quality, I don't see why not. The thing is... that seems to be pretty rare, where it should be the bare minimum.

Still though... nah. :)

Neo-Alec

Neo Member
I guess I was wondering if the analogue hiss or a pop adds any needed analogue character or warmth to chiptunes. It sounds like it does not. So what's the point then? Just for collecting and coolness or novelty? Wouldn't a Mega Drive soundtrack sound better played directly from a good Mega Drive?

hawk2025

I guess I was wondering if the analogue hiss or a pop adds any needed analogue character or warmth to chiptunes. It sounds like it does not. So what's the point then? Just for collecting and coolness or novelty? Wouldn't a Mega Drive soundtrack sound better played directly from a good Mega Drive?

"Warmth" is a ridiculous concept. A "pop" adds nothing to a song.

No, playing through Revenge of Shinobi is not the best way to just listen to the soundtrack.

Top Bottom