• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameloft's shameless ripoffs - how do they get away with this? [Impressions Thread]

This is as close as you are going to get to Diablo on consoles at the moment. I wonder they will will port Starfront over as well.

http://kotaku.com/#!5773327/the-best-iphone-dungeon-crawler-crawls-to-the-playstation-3

Diablo III might be coming to consoles, but it's still a long ways off. In the meantime, PlayStation 3 owners can satiate their dungeon crawling cravings with Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, coming in April to the PlayStation Network.

The Dungeon Hunter series for the iPhone and iPad is quite derivative of Diablo, but if Gameloft's developers have proven one thing it's that a clone doesn't have to be a bad game. Indeed, Dungeon Hunter proved to be one of the most satisfying games on the iDevices, and now it's heading to the PlayStation Network with support for three-player local and online multiplayer.

Pick a character class, assign your experience points, and equip the best armor and weapons as you journey through 30 levels of hack and slash action alone or with up to two friends. The game difficulty adjusts depending on the number of players, so the challenge remains constant no matter how friendly your adventure becomes.

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance even supports the PlayStation Move, giving players the point-and-click PC experience of Diablo III using Sony's motion control solution.

If none of that convinces you, just look at the trailer. Look how smooth and gorgeous the game is running. It's a thing of beauty, even if some of that beauty is borrowed.

Look for Dungeon Hunter: Alliance to hit the PlayStation Network in April.

DonMigs85

lucius said:
Nova controls pretty good for an iPhone game that Modern Combat game the controls are bad yet it is a top seller. I have Let's Golf and it does play just like Hot Shots Golf and it was just what I wanted on my phone. But like the original poster I wondered why they didn't get in trouble either.

What is that GT ripoff called ?
And is it any good ?
Asphalt? The recent one on 3DS seems to have been overshadowed by Ridge Racer.

C_H_T

Modern Combat 3 Fallen Nation

moder-combat-3-iphone.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfkW3mRBpHQ&feature=player_embedded#!

This seems familiar somehow.

I keep laughing so hard at the idiots saying that Gameloft ripped off the street from Vice City. Are you people serious?

Also, that Gangstar screenshot is a major bullshot. It looks 1000 times worse in game.

Top Bottom