• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers with limited time: how are you managing the year 2017?

Dubz

I've got a wife, kid, and a full time job. I tend to buy way too many games, and it really needs to stop. I get about 45 minutes a day during the week, and maybe 1-2 hours on the weekend days. Weekdays I usually play a MP game, and on the weekends I go SP

I'm going to hit the pause button on new games for a while. I'll be waiting on ME and Persona 5 until deep discounts, but it will be hard not to pull the trigger.

televator

How's that working out? I've been tempted when I've got a totally free evening to game alone (maybe once a week?) of just going all in and staying up most of the night when I know work is going to be quiet-ish the next day but it's been years since I've done that.

Fucking terrible. Don't be like me.

First I bought DQVIII - great game, played about halfway through, put it down for...
Yakuza 0 - great game, played about halfway through, put it down for....
NiOh - great game, played about halfway through, put it down for...
RE7 - great game, played about halfway through, put it down for...
Zelda - great great game, still playing, but also bought....
Nier - seemingly great game, played through the intro and went back to Zelda to wait for patches.

This year is an embarrassment of riches and I have no idea how to manage it, With mainstays like Overwatch, Diablo 3, Rocket League, etc also vying for my time. I really wanna finish that list of games before fall rolls around and heavy hitters start dropping rdr2 and Mario but I doubt it's gonna happen. Anyone just getting overwhelmed with quality games?

This is pretty much what I did with For Honor and Horizon: Zero Dawn before sticking with Zelda. But I sold those games (at a tiny profit too), because I knew I didn't have time for them. I'll definitely buy Horizon again and finish it, but I can wait until it's around $15 or so, or maybe wait for some GOTY/Complete Edition if they do DLC.

Fewr

I'm playing pokemon shuffle, just got started with hearthstone, I like how they take little time.

As for normal games this year I've finished Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, and I'm halfway through Xenoblade 3D (started in early feb).

Mediking

Juggling my last senior year in college and working long nights is really tough for gaming... but my PS4 is becoming less and less played while my Switch is gaining more playtime because of portability and Zelda.

Night in the Woods is the only 2017 game I've played.

My wife is taking our kiddo to her parents for a week...Sooooo taking a couple days off, buying Horizon, wearing sweatpants all day... Back to the bachelor days haha!

I play about 10 hours per week on average and most of that on weekend. This is a problem when trying to get through all these 40+ hours games like Nier, Horizon, Nioh and Persona. I might finish those by the end of 2018. The only games I have completed this year so far are The Last Guardian and Resident Evil 7.

Rizific

I have to prioritize whichever game grabs me the most, first. I started this year with Nioh, bought ff15 and ditched it quick and went back to Nioh. Then bought horizon and loved it, but knew it was only to hold me over until loz. Loz has all my time at the moment. When I'm done, I'll go back to horizon, then finish off Nioh. Assuming of course nothing else pops up in between. Family with a 1year old, full time job, and household duties. My time is precious and can only afford to play one game at a time.

Currently deployed and have some free time

Essentially Sleeping Dogs, Horizon, Nioh and Nier will get me thru the rest of my time here

camby

I have only played horizon cause of family time constraints since it came out and it will be probably a couple months till im done with it. Zelda still has the shrink wrap on it. Ill play that when i finish horizon and all that should take me till fall. Wish i had more time for games.

vaderise

With all the midterms and deadlines for the homeworks i can't get any time for gaming aside from a couple of Hearthstone games. I only could play Mass Effect Andromeda of all these AAA releases and i had to give it up because it's not really worth my time.
But this summer i'm going to play the shit out of Horizon, Nioh and Nier:Automata. Also i'm considering to buy a Nintendo Switch on my trip to France. And maybe i'll give Andromeda another chance.

renzolama

:lol

What does the labels indicate here? I need to know. :) And what about the checklist that you have on some of the cards?

gcF2qFp.png

dwy3x5e.png

zdankE4.png

I don't honestly know why I do the label/genre thing, it's a compulsion. I blame too many years working in software development combined with free access to OCD-enabling tools.

Top Bottom