• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde posts footage of all games in the MCC

Cutebrute

There were a handful of parts in the Halo 2 campaign comparison where I wasn't quite able to tell if I was looking at the original or the Anniversary visuals. These were in the quieter moments, as the particle effects made it pretty clear pretty quickly every time. I still think it's a great testament to Halo 2 that it looks okay even after 10 years and 2 console generations.

There were a handful of parts in the Halo 2 campaign comparison where I wasn't quite able to tell if I was looking at the original or the Anniversary visuals. These were in the quieter moments, as the particle effects made it pretty clear pretty quickly every time. I still think it's a great testament to Halo 2 that it looks okay even after 10 years and 2 console generations.

For sure. H2A looks amazing though!

After spending an hour downloaiding the Halo 2A SP footage, it seems the file was corrupted. Damn.

Can anyone grab some hi-res pics of the Brutes?

After spending an hour downloaiding the Halo 2A SP footage, it seems the file was corrupted. Damn.

Can anyone grab some hi-res pics of the Brutes?

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-106ef8x.png

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-10reiyc.png

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-10tmchy.png

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-10yhed4.png

vlcsnap-2014-10-29-10tbdlh.png

reddish

Neo Member
Outside of the H2A multiplayer, Halo 4 is certainly the looker of the bunch. H2A campaign definitely is most impressive when there is action going on (that reflected brute plasma light) or it's outdoors, some of those corridor shots without any dramatic lighting didn't look all that different between the the original and updated.

That said, it's really just amazing to see all 4 games running so crisp and smoothly -- I couldn't spot even a smidgeon of aliasing across any of them and as a big fan of the series, it's always been plagued with jaggies -- so this is huge to me.

bobeth

Fantastic! I've always wanted to play Halo CE AE with great framerate and good IQ. This package is just insane..

The stuttering in Halo 1 seemed to be in the same places there is always stuttering. Maybe it's just a knock on of using the original engine underneath the new graphics, there might just be some point where the framerate will always take a dive.

Shame, but far from a deal breaker. In fact, with the extra resolution I think Halo 1 anniversary got a more noticeable improvement than even Halo 3 has. Halo 4 already looked amazing but the cutscene looks so good in 60fps. I don't know which I'm going to play through first.

Still, some split screen footage would be nice as it is notably absent at this point.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well this is a most-welcome and pleasant surprise, I was under the impression that BlimBlim wasn't going to be getting any footage at all, now they're even making their own.

Will definitely watch once I get the chance, the right way.

HTupolev

The stuttering in Halo 1 seemed to be in the same places there is always stuttering. Maybe it's just a knock on of using the original engine underneath the new graphics, there might just be some point where the framerate will always take a dive.
I'm not familiar enough with the performance characteristics of the PC version, but the oXbox version drops mostly for very obvious gameplay/graphical reason, i.e. loads of alpha on-screen or fighting against a gigantic mob. In other words, things that more CPU and GPU horsepower should deal with just fine.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Btw, we are doing a live stream later tonight, at 10:15PM (in 2h and 30 minutes). We are limited to the four missions we show in these videos, but we'll try to be interesting anyway.
This will be our first 1080p 60fps stream (only on our own stream though, twich will stay at 30 fps), so this might be great or a complete disaster :)

Looks great!! I am jealous of XB1 owners, this and Sunset Overdrive look cool. But cannot justify having all 3 consoles, maybe later I will bite.

MedIC86

Looks very pretty, but sometimes i think im the only who does not always like 60 fps, sometimes it feels so unnatural fast, being more so because i was used to how the old halo's played.

This is making the wait so much harder....
Halo 2 is so good looking! And I'm actually surprised how much better Halo 3 looks. 1080p really makes a difference.
Why can't I be playing you now damn it?!

mcrommert

Banned
Looks very pretty, but sometimes i think im the only who does not always like 60 fps, sometimes it feels so unnatural fast, being more so because i was used to how the old halo's played.

I can agree...but its something you get used to pretty quickly

danwarb

None of these look as smooth as the videos released on IGN. Those were very consistent. Is it the build? Will the update save us?

RoKKeR

I'm really impressed with how well Halo 3 holds up. Looks so smooth and clean, best art direction in the entire series. Is it weird that I think it looks the best here??

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
None of these look as smooth as the videos released on IGN. Those were very consistent. Is it the build? Will the update save us?
I'm afraid that I have to concur with the GSY videos. It's not looking good right now.

Kimosabae

Banned
The gravemind actually looks fucking horrifying now. Rather than looking like Audrey II from Little Shop Of Horrors.

And yet it still manages to come across as one of the daftest things I've ever seen. The entire premise of that scene and the entire game's plot, is so remarkably pedestrian when placed against its predecessor, it's laughable.

Unchecked ambition is killer.

Sorry, ignore me. Games look great. Just had to get it off my chest. It's been almost a decade since I've watched that scene and I probably hate it more now, than I did then, because of the increased fidelity.

danwarb

I agree with you on CE, but the rest look the same. Did you stream them or download them?

Streamed. I'd prefer a stable 30fps over those persistent little stutters. 60 >> 30 > 60 with stutters.

I'll download and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Never mind me, it looks a solid 60fps downloaded. It's much better. Lovely.

T.O.P

Banned
H2A cutscenes are out of this world

And i'm also excited to give H4 a fair chance (stopped gaming for a while just in the middle of it at the time), it looks bloody fantastic

Top Bottom