• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that had awesome bosses through the entire game

For games that are action packed, save the world from the evil of the week type affairs, there will always be bosses. But for some games there are the bosses that dont exactly be...good. But there are games where the bosses are a joy to fight from start to finish, feeling like they are not only fairly challenging and fair, but downright enjoyable. So, which games had boss fights which were a joy to take down throughout the entire game?

Jawmuncher

First answer that comes to mind is Metal Gear Solid 1. Every boss fight in that game is fun and they all have a good amount of variety too. The boss fights are a big reason it's one of my all-time favorites.

Pejo

Metal Gear Rising

This is my first pick. All of the bosses had unique mechanics, and the music...oh man.

I've also been really impressed with the bosses in P5 so far. Each one has the normal turn-based boss stuff, but also a unique mechanic and an optional special way to fight them. It's a pretty cool idea.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
shadow of the colossus

I expected this to be the first post.

God of War as first post isnt bad tho.

First answer that comes to mind is Metal Gear Solid 1. Every boss fight in that game is fun and they all have a good amount of variety too. The boss fights are a big reason it's one of my all-time favorites.

This is good too.

Sniper Wolf is probably me fav.

McNum

The Wonderful 101, easily.

When you hear that wonderful phrase... "Team! Engaging Unlimited Form!" you know you're about to do something completely awesome.

Including, but not limited to, fighting a dragon in freefall, fighting a giant robot snake in a thunderstorm, challenging a giant robot to a boxing match... twice, or punching the final boss in the face with a fist the size of the moon. And of course PROTECT EARTH! The Wonderful 101 is a masterclass in boss design. Even the worst bosses in that game are merely great. And it has one of the most amazing final bosses in any game.

The Souls games don't necessarily have my all-time favorite bosses, but they definitely have the largest amount of good bosses per game of any series I've played.

Anteater

Dude, the 11th and 14th bosses are identical. Add to that the fact that they are both tiny and terribly finicky. The only blemish on an otherwise perfect game.

they look the same but play differently though, my experience with the 14th was really messed up because I didn't know I was supposed to climb up the pillar and was getting chased by that damn thing through out that giant map lmao

PSqueak

Banned
Undertale.

Im somewhere half way through persona 5, so far i have liked the palace bosses.

Was gonna say Bloodborne, but someone already reminded everyone in this thread that Rom sucks.

Viewtiful joe has pretty awesome bosses.

Smeags

Resident Evil 4

Del Lago
El Gigante
Chief Mendez
Garrador
Verdugo
Gigante Twins
Ramone Salazar
U3
Jack Krauser
Saddler

What a ride. 😥

It's that time again!

Metal Slug sprite time!

wjodiJH.gif

tumblr_n8jy85sSL21qabnxjo9_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nplcoqCycL1ri065t_500.gif

soxjwbR.gif

tumblr_n8jy85sSL21qabnxjo8_400.gif

ZcCCVDx.gif

4xrqyn.gif

PSYGN

My memory is a bit rusty but I recall enjoying the bosses in Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Maybe I just remember the good ones?

Top Bottom