• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games UK: PS3 digital content to carry over to PS4 [Sony: Nope]

Just sit back a minute and imagine.

IF this is true, which is clearly definitely isn't. But lets imagine it is for a second. Instead of hearing about this at E3, or Gamescom or TGS or on the Blog, or from Yoshida on twitter, we heard about it from whomever controls the twitter account for Game in Basildon.

lol

NDA breaking are not uncommon. But yeah, it's not happening.

Acccent

Maybe they just mean that you can still access the list of stuff you've bought on the PSN Store

but

you can't launch it

Sounds like misinterpretation.

Probably just means things like Flower that are being ported will be cross-buy - which has already been announced.

HariKari

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 36s
@GazVon yup, TLOU played on your Vita, streamed from your PS4 that you bought digitally for your PS3!

Well there's no stopping this until someone steps in.

Goldrusher

We've known this for years.

Same account, same purchases.

However, just like on the PSVITA, you won't be able to play anything, unless it gets a port. And even then, only if the game is cross-buy.

rLKik7Z.jpg

Surely this can't be true out of the gate. If it is, I'm going to be kicking myself that I didn't buy TLoU digitally.

EMT0

Banned
A half-truth sounds nice. How much do I have to pay for Gaikai, aside from paying for the content I'll be using Sony?

(Because I know I'm ready and willing to anyways)

HariKari

I'm not... i don't... i... wat?

Adnan ‏@ixYi 9m
@GAMEBasildon @yosp But games are certain?

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 7m
@ixYi @yosp Took us by surprise as well, but yes. Told any games you download digitally will be available.

Adnan ‏@ixYi 1m
@GAMEBasildon @yosp Did they mentioned anything about Gaikai? Will the digital content be accessible from Day 1?

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 29s
@ixYi @yosp No. Aim to be implemented in 2014.

Slow down guys

Alej

Banned
It's IMPOSSIBLE.
There are no difference between a PS3 Blu-ray game and a digital game.
I don't know how there are people that still doesn't undestand this...
Game UK don't know what they are talking about.

The difference is they are tied to your account. In fact it makes a whole lot of difference for Gaikai use for example, because they know how much copies of a game are on how many accounts. Not that i trust this, but we don't know if a form of PS4 API isn't supporting multiplatform (crossplatform) engines from the get-go.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only thing I can think off is that you can stream any PSN game you own over Gaikai for free. When the service is availeble that is.

HT UK

Whichever sales assistant is tweeting this just needs to stop. It's embarrassing. I hope it's just a Christmas temp or something

So, that includes the PS1/ PS2 games I have bought on PSN?

Fantastic news if true and softens the blow of not having any Backwards Compatibility. Surely, this clears the way for PS3 games to transfer over to the PS4 too?

Into

Other than a misunderstanding, maybe they just found some new news about Gaikai and forgetting to mention that detail.

Yeah you might be able to transfer your purchase of say Bully (PS2) and Far Cry 3 (PS3) to your PS4 and then Gaikai will recognize you own these games and allow you to stream and play them.

Goku

Banned
Wait a minute, I bought Tekken Tag 2 on PSN, will that mean I'll be able to play it on PS4?

EDIT: I don't buy it.

Top Bottom