• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games UK: PS3 digital content to carry over to PS4 [Sony: Nope]

Guymelef

It's IMPOSSIBLE.
There are no difference between a PS3 Blu-ray game and a digital game.
I don't know how there are people that still doesn't undestand this...
Game UK don't know what they are talking about.

HariKari

Definitely a misunderstanding. PS4 can't play PS3 games natively.

Adnan ‏@ixYi 3m
@GAMEBasildon @yosp games or other media contents?

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 1m
@ixYi @yosp Not sure on other media, makes sense that it would though. Not 100% sure

They barely have a clue what they are talking about. I'm sure this isn't what was implied.

Does that mean, games designed for PS3 would work on PS4? abit confused o_O
Yes, through

tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif

It is technically impossible for this to be true. Game has misunderstood something very badly. Sony PR may have told them that music and movies, whatever they're selling in the American PSN in addition to games, will carry over to PS4. If Sony said "all media" it could be misunderstood.

Unless they've paid every single company that has ever made a PS3 game to port their game to PS4, this can't be true.

bebop242

I'm sure this is going to be proven false, but what if its another set up like PS2 on PS3? Disks won't work, but digital copies will.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Nah, of course all our games will come with us, they are tied to our accounts which is why people who have bought Flower etc. will have it on PS4. But there is no backwards compatibility, our games are there, we can't use them though. Films etc. I imagine are coming, but it wouldn't make sense to bring over ports of PS3 games that have recently been announced if suddenly our games were going to work, it isn't going to happen.

HariKari

Dexter Walter Grimes ‏@Tommy_Allan 2m
@GAMEBasildon @Storm360 @postabargain does that mean gta v will work on ps4 if brought from the psn store? #dreams

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 1m
@Tommy_Allan @Storm360 @postabargain That was the specific example we gave when asking.

uhh..

Madness

But man, if Xbox 360 allowed all my arcade purchases to transfer over, I will update have hesitated. Shadow Complex, Street Fighter HD Remix, Carcassonne, so many games that I'd want to carry over but won't happen.

If Sony allowed it, it would be great news for PS3 owners who wouldn't have to double dip.

Ein Bear

Driveclub was delayed because Sony put Evolution to work on backwards compatibility for launch instead. They have created a flawless, 100% perfect, PS3 emulator in secret.

Believe.

Alej

Banned
So, what about being retrocompatible (not from day one but via gaikai) for all DIGITAL PS3 games locked in your account? Because by disc it's not locked in your account and so they don't know how much guys could require Gaikai at the same time.

It's account powered (games attached to your account) via Gaikai or something (maybe indie stuff that runs on some PS engine (like Phyre) would run on PS4.

In fact it's totally logic (Phyre engine games should run on PS4).

macewank

I'm sure this is going to be proven false, but what if its another set up like PS2 on PS3? Disks won't work, but digital copies will.

You could play PS2 discs on PS3s though....

Only the original PS3's could play PS2 discs.

And it wasn't that digital PS2 titles worked on PS3, so much as the fact that those digital PS2 games were submitted to the PSN store with emulator code built in.

HariKari

I'm hoping something was lost in translation. Or, Sony dude knows GTA5 is coming to PS4, and had a brain fart. Otherwise we are about to be mindfucked.

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 18m
@Storm360 @postabargain What we've been told, yep =)

Dexter Walter Grimes ‏@Tommy_Allan 5m
@GAMEBasildon @Storm360 @postabargain does that mean gta v will work on ps4 if brought from the psn store? #dreams

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 4m
@Tommy_Allan @Storm360 @postabargain That was the specific example we gave when asking.

Dexter Walter Grimes ‏@Tommy_Allan 2m
@GAMEBasildon @Storm360 @postabargain and what was the answer?

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 41s
@Tommy_Allan @Storm360 @postabargain Yes. What we've been told.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Oh this is too much of a megaton to be true.

I'm going to patiently wait for either more sites to confirm, or a flat out debunk before I get too excited...

Lol, IF it were true, why the hell wouldn't they have told us by now through some blog post or during TGS or whatever?? Don't believe it 1s.

DBT85

Just sit back a minute and imagine.

IF this is true, which is clearly definitely isn't. But lets imagine it is for a second. Instead of hearing about this at E3, or Gamescom or TGS or on the Blog, or from Yoshida on twitter, we heard about it from whomever controls the twitter account for Game in Basildon.

lol

Into

They specifically said no BC for the PS4, if they really had it, you would have seen Jack Tretton breakdancing to LL Cool J about it at a conference

Dragon

Banned
Only the original PS3's could play PS2 discs.

And it wasn't that digital PS2 titles worked on PS3, so much as the fact that those digital PS2 games were submitted to the PSN store with emulator code built in.

The hacked PS3s can play any PS2 game fairly reliably from what I've seen.

I'm hoping something was lost in translation. Or, Sony dude knows GTA5 is coming to PS4, and had a brain fart. Otherwise we are about to be mindfucked.

I don't know what was lost in translation. If the question is: Is the PS3 version of GTAV playable on the PS4 and the answer is yes. What kind of ambiguity or wiggle room besides Gaikai exists?

Top Bottom