• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you probably shouldn't have played as a kid

Euphoria when I was fifteen (if that counts).

Played it for the (supposedly great) story, but it's about five women (four of whom are teenagers) who are locked in with the (teenage) protagonist by somebody else inside a facility, and the captives are forced to rape each other. And the protagonist struggles with the fact that he enjoys rape but tries to keep that hidden.

...Yeah. Wasn't a good idea.

PantsuJo

Euphoria when I was fifteen (if that counts).

Played it for the (supposedly great) story, but it's about five women (four of whom are teenagers) who are locked in with the (teenage) protagonist by somebody else inside a facility, and the captives are forced to rape each other. And the protagonist struggles with the fact that he enjoys rape but tries to keep that hidden.

...Yeah. Wasn't a good idea.
Oh boy.

OH, BOY.

Painguy

I played a lot of Duke 3D when I was like 8. Id go visit fam in Iran every summer and it happened that my uncle had duke 3d on his computer. Also played a lot of conker around the same time at my cousin's (in the u.s.). When I as around 11yrs old I somehow convinced my dad to let me buy AVP2. All my friends were playing it despite it being 3 yrs old by this point. First M game I ever owned lol.

To be perfectly honest though, those games can't co.pare to some of the fucked up shot thats out today. I cant handle some the messed up stuff thats out n about.

Sooo I dont think these games turned me into a violent psychopath so thats good lol.

WillySJ3

Banned
Silent Hill 1. Oh my, I knew the game was creepy and I didn't care much about it, but then I witnessed how the school transformed into a butchery, that moment I realized I wasn't supposed to be playing that thing.

xrnzaaas

Maybe Leisure Suit Larry? I've played games like Doom, Carmageddon and MK in my teenage years and I was already fully capable of recognizing right from wrong at that time. ;)

Eh. I played things like Duke Nukem, Diablo, and the first GTA when I was 10. To many that would be incredibly inappropriate, but I don't think it contributed to any short or long term issues for me.

Hell, now that I think about it I was playing Mortal Kombat in 3rd-4th grade.

lsl1_hooker.png

I was 12 and the only definition of hooker I knew was a Rugby position.

Yeah, me playing that at 10 maybe wasn't the best move (my older cousin explained some stuff to me to help).

Then again, I felt kinda unimpressed by the whole thing.

NewGame

Banned
Somewhere between

Conkers Bad Fur Day - Really enjoyed it because it was like BK/M64
Diablo II - Fun dungeon crawler... what are those fire stars doing everywhere?
Silent Hill - Boring. Boring game. All you do is walk around.

Top Bottom