• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you want remade, but never will

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
SD Snatcher with a new look and new music. Basic story and gameplay is still fun.

But yeah, Konami. That IP isn't even popular enough to give it the Pachinko treatment :)

thenexus6

pandemonium-usa-v1-0.jpg

pandemonium-2-usa.jpg

8e778357a8bff96dd9b5cb187dfdf65e.jpg

250px-Mad_Dash_Racing_Coverart.png

Link1110

Phantasy Star 1, made by Atlus. Imagine the l Etrian Odyssey engine used for dungeons, the press turn battle system, and all 3 planets fully realized with the best graphics 3ds has to offer. Even a remixed soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro. You're looking at top 10 games of all time material.

Then go ahead and remake phantasy star 2 in the same style. I wouldn't lament the loss of those dungeon designs.

And to anyone saying CHRONO Trigger, I love the game but do you really trust modern Square with it? I'm not so sure they'd do it justice.

g11

Jesus, too many to count. I find it very hard to go back to old games, particularly ones with old/outdated controls.

Tenchu 1 & 2
The Witcher
Medievil 1 & 2
Eternal Darkness
Tekken 3
MGS 1-3 w/ MGS4 ported
Nier
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
TES IV: Oblivion
Deus Ex
Dark Souls/Demon's Souls
KOTOR 1 & 2
Civ Rev
Blur
Impossible Creatures
Unreal Tournament 2K4
N.O.L.F. 1 & 2
Caesar 3
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

DJIzana

Chrono Cross (just HD textures would be enough and so I can actually play the game as I don't own a Vita or PS3).

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2... seeing areas like the forest and beach in something like UE4 would be glorious. Having a remastered soundtrack too would be amazing.

Mother 3 using UE4. Seeing the original concept version of Mother 3... I was really excited for that on the 64DD but then got canned for GBA released (and still an amazing title) but yeah... HD... :(

SpacLock

Symphony of the Night.

I'd love it just as is... in widescreen, but maybe adding a few animation frames with slightly updated art would also do it good. Oh, and that soundtrack uncompressed.

I could only imagine a similarly updated Super Metroid, but I'd never actually ask for that. That's blasphemy.

gabbo

Jp-trespasser-cover.png

But this time with a working physics engine. Truly a broken mess of an influential game that shows the potential to work with the Jurassic Park IP, but not the skill to pull of the ambition.
Explore an island with a broken arm and make your way to safety avoiding/taking on dinosaurs in first person.

Shadowgate 64: Trials of the four towers.

I think nobody owns the ip now ando even if someone did there probably isn't a market for this game.

Waji

There's probably a lot of them.

But I'd say :
- Valkyrie Profile (with ~VP2 battle system)
- Xenogears (done by Monolithsoft, certainly not Square)
- Xenosaga (as intended initially)
- Suikoden 1, 2 3 (same chara designer and game creator)
- Grandia 1, Breath of Fire 3, Wild Arms 2 and so on and so forth...

kubev

Clive Barker's Undying from 2001 is one of my all time favorite games. The gfx doesn't hold up and I would love a remake. Unfortunatly nobody remembers this game and a remake will never happen. I loved the atmosphere, setting, story, characters and the gameplay was enjoyable. I would pay top $ for a remake.

Do you have games you would like to be remade, but never will?

Clive Barker's Undying had incredible atmosphere. Honestly, whenever I tried (and failed) to get into BioShock, I thought back to how much I enjoyed Clive Barker's Undying, as I feel like Undying did some of what BioShock did better.

And I'd like a remake of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I don't even necessarily want a graphical update, but I do wish they'd modernize certain aspects of the game (especially the menus). If Konami went for a full-on remake, though, then I'd love for them to be far more ambitious with the second castle and weapon variety, as well as rework the distribution of certain abilities to better balance your progression and reduce backtracking.

GLAMr

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.
I played through VTMB recently on PC, and it holds up VERY well if you use the community patch. I wouldn't say no to a remake though :D

My pick would be Lufia 2. But if they got rid of the turn based combat, somebody would be getting stabbed.

MrS

Banned
Oni
Nightmare Creatures
Quake
Manhunt
Tenchu Stealth Assassin
Shadow Man
Kula World
Die Hard Trilogy

Kinsei

Banned
The first Ape Escape. Sure it was remade on PSP but it was missing stuff and the controls made stuff like the RC car a pain.

Nightmare%20Creatures_1.jpg

I'd also like to throw Nightmare Creatures out there...but maybe Bloodborne already kind of did that job for us. Anyway, loved it when I was younger.

Titania

I want another Hot Shots Tennis game, I put a silly amount of hours into it back in the day. I heard there was a version (re?)released on Australian PSN, but I wish there would be a new game with new characters and courts.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Mass Effect Trilogy
Dino Crisis
Diablo II
Final Fantasy IX
The Witcher 1 and 2 on W3 Engine
Little Big Adventure 1 and 2
Legend of Dragoon
GoldenEye
NOLF 1 and 2

Nightmare%20Creatures_1.jpg

I'd also like to throw Nightmare Creatures out there...but maybe Bloodborne already kind of did that job for us. Anyway, loved it when I was younger.

Came into this thread to say Nightmare Creatures.

Playing through Bloodborne a whole bunch of times made me want a remake of Nightmare Creatures, and just more melee-centric horror action games in general. I feel like a Nightmare Creatures remake/reboot that improves the camera, combat, and movement controls could make for a really cool game. Especially if the developers learned from the stuff Bloodborne did, but kept Nightmare Creatures a little closer to a hack and slash or character action game, focusing on the combo system the original game attempted, with minimal RPG elements found in FromSoft's games. It could still have enough of its own identity to not seem like just a Bloodborne knockoff, as a super-dark horror character action game.

...but then again, maybe Bloodborne knockoffs aren't such a bad thing to have, either.

Top Bottom