• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Awards 2013

AHA-Lambda

So the game of gamescom is Destiny (which wasn't playable) but the best next gen game was Titanfall?

tumblr_lwl113Nbb91r3ovdbo1_500.gif

And ESO winning Best RPG? What about Witcher 3? That wasn't playable but neither was Destiny.

I didn't heard a lot of good reception around ESO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Crew looks more ambitious than anything I've seen Forza 5 doing
crewhwaq9.gif

but maybe Crew controls like crap or something? Drive Club does NOTHING for me.

Majmun

Getting tired of Titanfall and Destiny getting louded as the 2nd coming of Christ. Both games don't seem to bring anything new.

This type of indoctrination isn't subtle.

satam55

Banned
I guarantee you that if the PS4/PS3 versions of "Titanfall" were coming out at the same time as the Xbox1/Xbox360 & PC versions were coming out, that "Titanfall" would not be getting as much hype as it is getting. It would still get hype, but "Titanfall" is really getting overhyped because it being boasted heavily as an Xbox1 exclusive.

Squire

Banned
Destiny beating out TitanFall in best action game is kinda shocking. The latter is sounding more and more like an FPS by way of Platinum Games.

I guarantee you that if the PS4/PS3 versions of "Titanfall" were coming out at the same time as the Xbox1/Xbox360 & PC versions were coming out, that "Titanfall" would not be getting as much hype as it is getting. It would still get hype, but "Titanfall" is really getting overhyped because it being boasted heavily as an Xbox1 exclusive.

What? It would be getting even more hype, because it would be on everything and damn near everyone would be at the very least remotely interested to check it out.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Huh, I would've gone with the "Using the ex-IW name" card over "X1 exclusive" for my conspiracy theory.

statham

Or maybe it is that good?

Sentenza

Still, TitanFall looked actually fun to me (and I'm not even a CoD-lover) which is something Destiny really didn't achieve, so far.

On related news, The Elder Scrolls Online winning awards as best RPG is a mystery to me, especially with The Witcher 3 around.

Raide

Still, TitanFall looked actually fun to me (and I'm not even a CoD-lover) which is something Destiny really didn't achieve, so far.

On related news, The Elder Scrolls Online winning awards as best RPG is a mystery to me, especially with The Witcher 3 around.

Not sure they had Ploughing Simulator on their lists.

Krakn3Dfx

Hard to believe they could look at Shadow Fall or Infamous Second Son and not give them the nod for something.

Ah well, gives Major Nelson something else to talk about.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Hard to believe they could look at Shadow Fall or Infamous Second Son and not give them the nod for something.

Ah well, gives Major Nelson something else to talk about.

They should have shooter, open world, and graphics category's included. I have always hated the lumping of action games with FPS/TPS games.

Lol, why is Titanfall still the go to game for these awards? I don't get it.

So the game of gamescom is Destiny (which wasn't playable) but the best next gen game was Titanfall?

tumblr_lwl113Nbb91r3ovdbo1_500.gif

And ESO winning Best RPG? What about Witcher 3? That wasn't playable but neither was Destiny.

I didn't heard a lot of good reception around ESO.

My feelings exactly.

Bsigg12

Destiny still hasn't quite sold me on the concept of the game. Until I see more of it, I'm going to be a little hesitant. I will buy ultimately because the music will be fucking fantastic and the gunplay should be top notch.

As for Titanfall, from what I've seen/heard, the game looks like pure fun. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm sad there was no Witcher 3 mentions...

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, the more I think about it I don't see why Destiny won.

It wasn't playable, and we still haven't got a good grasp on how it really plays beyond the vague idea of "it looks like a serious MMO Borderlands" now have we seen how much of it's MMO style features are integrated into the game.

There is a lot of promise and pedigree behind Destiny, but this is one case where I am shocked TitanFall didn't win, given how little we relatively know about Destiny. Plus from the chatter I seen that seemed to be the one game, alongside Witcher 3, that was getting the most buzz out of gamescom o_O

Destiny still hasn't quite sold me on the concept of the game. Until I see more of it, I'm going to be a little hesitant. I will buy ultimately because the music will be fucking fantastic and the gunplay should be top notch.

As for Titanfall, from what I've seen/heard, the game looks like pure fun. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm sad there was no Witcher 3 mentions...

I'm not sold on it either and the gunplay, combat is part of it. Looked very Borderlands-esque. Not really a fan of putting RPG-lite elements in shooters.

PaulLFC

How did FIFA 14 win best sports game over PES? Just because its available on PS4/XB1? It (FIFA) looks the same as last year in higher resolution, looks like such a lazy effort from the gameplay videos.

kpaadet

So Destiny wins Game of the Show while Titanfall wins best next gen game yet it is also coming to current gen? I dont even.... And at the same time I dont even get the hype at all for either of those games.

Ploid 3.0

Ah for some reason I thought Destiny would be on PC but yeah I knew Titan was.

So Destiny wins Game of the Show while Titanfall wins best next gen game yet it is also coming to current gen? I dont even.... And at the same time I dont even get the hype at all for either of those games.

A award list that contradict itself discredits the awards pretty much. Token awards, it's like a everyone gets a trophy thing in kids soccer. It sure gives them a extra sticker to put on Titan and Destiny box art. Chase that Batman cover record guys!

w00zey

But but but... Basic reaction from gaf that titanfall continues to impress people. Actually makes me laugh.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Where were you Titanfall whiners when I was pulling my hair out over the way the media blowjobbed every CoD game? Why do you not think people would go nuts for this? It is CoD + mechs.

Take a number.

AAK

Best game is destiny... yet titanfall is the better one on next gen and xbone. These awards make no sense. Some consistency would help.

I seriously don't get all the hype for Titalfall
and yes, I have seen it

It seems like they're forcing the game up on us.

Also, pretty boring list all around.

Ploid 3.0

Btw I'm not upset Titanfall got anything, it's just a weird list. It's all over the place, it's as if one game can only win a certain amount and they move to the next best. Battlefield 4 being the third, or I guess 2nd pick since Destiny isn't on it.

I seriously don't get all the hype for Titalfall
and yes, I have seen it

It seems like they're forcing the game up on us.

Also, pretty boring list all around.

People have been hungry for a twitch quake/UT like shooter for a while since Epic stopped making them.

FortMajor

Banned
Do all you guys think its a coincidence Titanfall is raking these awards in?

Just accept the fact that its a fun take on a popular formula. Everyone that has actually played it seems to like it. Must be a conspiracy though right.

Do all you guys think its a coincidence Titanfall is raking these awards in?

Just accept the fact that its a fun take on a popular formula. Everyone that has actually played it seems to like it. Must be a conspiracy though right.

Yes, I always found those accusations silly. It's not getting "pushed unto us" more than your regular AAA titles. Like TLOU or Infinite from recent memory, or say Watch Dogs, the game Ubi has been showing off every event ever since. Interestingly enough no one complained about those.

TESO winning the RPG award is the shocker here. TW3 has been getting lot of buzz.

I find it funny that people seem so irked by Titanfall getting the amount of praise that it's getting. The game is getting all this praise because it damn well deserves it. It looks awesome. No two ways about it. So why the venom whenever the game gets the recognition it deserves? It's pretty obvious that the real issue people have with Titanfall is that it's a next gen console exclusive/timed exclusive for the Xbox One.

Even though the game is already confirmed for the 360 and the PC, that apparently still isn't enough for some people.

Top Bottom