• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAMESCOM, impessions from the show floor.

Colbert

Banned
So this is the mythical year when a new GT AND a new Forza are released close to each other and Forza finally takes the crow, officially?
Can't wait for that to happen, and I'm speaking as a proud PS4 Pro owner. Will buy an One X just for Forza 7 if it turns out as awesome as impressions are depicting.

Turn 10 are amazing devs and the pace they're able to release new games with improved graphics, features and gameplay is astonishing.

Polyphony are gifted devs, and they know how to develop racing games like few, but frankly, they're past their prime IMO.

crown btw. LOL

GlamFM

Banned
So this is the mythical year when a new GT AND a new Forza are released close to each other and Forza finally takes the crow, officially?
Can't wait for that to happen, and I'm speaking as a proud PS4 Pro owner. Will buy an One X just for Forza 7 if it turns out as awesome as impressions are depicting.

Turn 10 are amazing devs and the pace they're able to release new games with improved graphics, features and gameplay is astonishing.

Polyphony are gifted devs, and they know how to develop racing games like few, but frankly, they're past their prime IMO.

Forza has had the crown for a while now.

Nothing will touch GT sales wise though.

Justinh

They didn't come out in the same year, but I was under the impression that when Gran Turismo 5 came out, the general feeling was that Forza Motorsport 3 was a better game. It's been a while so maybe I'm remembering that wrong. Also, I'm probably just going off what I heard from Mr. Bloodworth on Invisible Walls.

As I re-read people glowing about Forza, I'm getting more excited to play 7. I don't have a 4K tv yet though. Maybe after the holiday season when I can spend money on myself again...

pentium486

Neo Member
Any insightful impressions of Mario + Rabbids? With the review embargo they would be nice to hear. TIA of course.

I played it, graphics were great, game ran fluently. It seemed alright to me, but then again I don't particularly like the XCOM games, so my opinion on M&R is probably not worth much. Thus, I won't comment on gameplay as I have nothing add in addition to what is already in most articles anyway.

Considered as a mobile game, I can definitely see the appeal though.

Sulik2

The true successor to Mario 64 really intrigues me, but I think I am done buying Nintendo consoles for the one or two games that interest me after my Wii and Wii U were never touched outside of Smash Brothers.

Turkoop

Banned
So some other impressions, done with Gamescom.

NI NO KUNI II
Saw a presentation about a two new game modes. In the first one you can 'build' your own kingdom, well actually you just put houses and so but have no idea how limited that is. This will give you new abilities, more damage or other stuff.
The other mode was quiet cool, this is what I played https://youtu.be/r0EQaPZp3_g
And played a mission.
So overall, I was very impressed. A lot improvements, game has a wonderful soundtrack, environment looks very lovely but stil a bit blurry, hope the will polish the game.
The battles are fun but very challenging, there are few special attacks you can use. They look really cool.
I think the fans will be very pleased with this.

DRAGON BALL FIGHTER Z
First, I'm not the fan of fighting games. We've seen a presentation about the story-mode which is completely new. Looks like a dark-universe thing, very untold and has nothing to do with the animes/mangas.
They talked about the fighters, each of them will have a unique combat type, some are technical better than others or some got more power or so.
They still want to announce more characters.
The build I've played made a lot fun, I was very impressed how great the game looks. Controls felt great and a lot combinations can you do.
Even for non-Dragon Ball Fans this could be a very good Beat'm Up Game.

KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE
I've played the PS4 Version, we had 40 min to explore a little bit the world and do a mission.
First the technical site, In the cities the game is between 20-30 fps, outside 50-60 FPS. I don't understand why this game runs on 50/60 FPS ? Drops aren't so bad but noticed some big issues in the village.
Overall the visuals are fine, scale of the world seems to be fucking big, I've seen a glimpse of the map but could imagine how big it is, probably bigger than W3. Some locations look very good, some not. Sounddesign is fantastic, also the voice actors. I was impressed by the features, you can choose dialogues, they will have an big impact of your consequences. They've said you can loose people through your decisions. There are also many ways to play a mission. Our mission had 4 types or so. The game never tells you, you have to do this NOW. You have to think a little bit.
Some people may think this game won't be exciting because of no dragons or monsters or so. Unfortunately, we've played a mission which had no highlights, but I have the feeling there will be very interesting moments.
Overall I was very impressed by the world, gameplay and your decisions you can make. I hope they will polish this game till the death. Couldn't compare it to the pc-version.

GWENT
We've seen a presentation about 40 minutes, no hands-on or so. They talked a lot about upcoming changes. A new big update is coming in the following weeks. CDPR wants to deliver constantly new content as like new cards, a new fraction and more. They have big plans for this game!
They showed us the singleplayer experience which will come out later this year, you play as a new character which plays before the Witcher series. There are full-voice dialogues, good animations and a wonderful soundtrack. You can explore the world, there will be several zones to explore and to do missions, of course you still have to fight against your enemies with card-battles, don't expect AAA-visuals here or so. But I liked it.
CDPR also talked about eSports, they want to do more tournaments with prize pools.
They want to support the game definitely through 2018.
I was very impressed and cannot wait for the update.
No news about Cyberpunk of course, there weren't quite less devs than last year. And they told us, many devs working on Gwent.
And the booth looked really expensive IMO.

And some of you wanted few more impressions about Ace Combat 7 and AC:O
Ace Combat had some very good visuals, controls were really good and precise. There was just a mission to play, nothing else. sorry

ASSASSIN'S CREED: ORIGINS
Yes, AC was my favourite. I was so god damn impressed by this game. I don't think it is still an Assassin's Creed Game. The scale of the features are so high. Many elements from Witcher 3 will you recognise, the stress and villages are full with people and interacting to each other, the atmosphere is fantastic. I've seen the map and it is really huge! Probably the biggest map ever, that AC has.
Visuals were great, played on - IDK actually - Win10 or X1 Devkits.
Cannot stop talking about this game but I was very, very impressed. It felt very polished and just good created with good ideas, many things to do and many rpg elements. You can almost feel they have spent so much work into this. Not the early access games as AC unity you've played. There's no way this game will flop or so.

That's it guys :)

lasthed

Neo Member
SOzBZfQh.jpg

3 hour queue for uncharted tll which got released 2 days ago.
Worst gamescom yet
Couldnt see shit without queuing. German laws for youth protection didnt help either.

Turkoop

Banned
SOzBZfQh.jpg

3 hour queue for uncharted tll which got released 2 days ago.
Worst gamescom yet
Couldnt see shit without queuing. German laws for youth protection didnt help either.

I saw many things today and cannot understand the logic of some people. How can you stand for CoD:WWII (the lane was about +3hours) even the beta will come out tomorrow? Why for gods sake?
The same thing with D2

dex3108

NI NO KUNI II
Saw a presentation about a two new game modes. In the first one you can 'build' your own kingdom, well actually you just put houses and so but have no idea how limited that is. This will give you new abilities, more damage or other stuff.
The other mode was quiet cool, this is what I played https://youtu.be/r0EQaPZp3_g
And played a mission.
So overall, I was very impressed. A lot improvements, game has a wonderful soundtrack, environment looks very lovely but stil a bit blurry, hope the will polish the game.
The battles are fun but very challenging, there are few special attacks you can use. They look really cool.

DRAGON BALL FIGHTER Z
First, I'm not the fan of fighting games. We've seen a presentation about the story-mode which is completely new. Looks like a dark-universe thing, very untold and has nothing to do with the animes/mangas.
They talked about the fighters, each of them will have a unique combat type, some are technical better than others or some got more power or so.
They still want to announce more characters.
The build I've played made a lot fun, I was very impressed how great the game looks. Controls felt great and a lot combinations can you do.
Even for non-Dragon Ball Fans this could be a very good Beat'm Up Game.

KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE
I've played the PS4 Version, we had 40 min to explore a little bit the world and do a mission.
First the technical site, In the cities the game is between 20-30 fps, outside 50-60 FPS. I don't understand why this game runs on 50/60 FPS ? Drops aren't so bad but noticed some big issues in the village.
Overall the visuals are fine, scale of the world seems to be fucking big, I've seen a glimpse of the map but could imagine how big it is, probably bigger than W3. Some locations look very good, some not. Sounddesign is fantastic, also the voice actors. I was impressed by the features, you can choose dialogues, they will have an big impact of your consequences. They've said you can loose people through your decisions. There are also many ways to play a mission. Our mission had 4 types or so. The game never tells you, you have to do this NOW. You have to think a little bit.
Some people may think this game won't be exciting because of no dragons or monsters or so. Unfortunately, we've played a mission which had no highlights, but I have the feeling there will be very interesting moments.
Overall I was very impressed by the world, gameplay and your decisions you can make. I hope they will polish this game till the death. Couldn't compare it to the pc-version.

GWENT
We've seen a presentation about 40 minutes, no hands-on or so. They talked a lot about upcoming changes. A new big update is coming in the following weeks. CDPR wants to deliver constantly new content as like new cards, a new fraction and more. They have big plans for this game!
They showed us the singleplayer experience which will come out later this year, you play as a new character which plays before the Witcher series. There are full-voice dialogues, good animations and a wonderful soundtrack. You can explore the world, there will be several zones to explore and to do missions, of course you still have to fight against your enemies with card-battles, don't expect AAA-visuals here or so. But I liked it.
CDPR also talked about eSports, they want to do more tournaments with prize pools.
They want to support the game definitely through 2018.
I was very impressed and cannot wait for the update.
No news about Cyberpunk of course, there weren't quite less devs than last year. And they told us, many devs working on Gwent.
And the booth looked really expensive IMO.

And some of you wanted few more impressions about Ace Combat 7 and AC:O
Ace Combat had some very good visuals, controls were really good and precise. There was just a mission to play, nothing else. sorry

Yes, AC was my favourite. I was so god damn impressed by this game. I don't think it is still an Assassin's Creed Game. The scale of the features are so high. Many elements from Witcher 3 will you recognise, the stress and villages are full with people and interacting to each other, the atmosphere is fantastic. I've seen the map and it is really huge! Probably the biggest map ever, that AC has.
Cannot stop talking about this game but I was very, very impressed. It felt very polished and just good created with good ideas, many things to do and many rpg elements. You can almost feel they have spent so much work into this. Not the early access games as AC unity you've played. There's no way this game will flop or so.

Tnx for impressions but to be honest i personally am a bit disappointed after that promise about detailed impressions for AC Origins.

Fredrik

I saw many things today and cannot understand the logic of some people. How can you stand for CoD:WWII (the lane was about +3hours) even the beta will come out tomorrow? Why for gods sake?
The same thing with D2
Maybe they don't have anything to play the game on yet?

Colbert

Banned

NI NO KUNI II
And played a mission.

giphy.gif

lasthed

Neo Member
I saw many things today
Maybe im just getting old and jaded but i remember Trailer and/or gameplay on the big screens. Now all you see and hear are loud obnoxius hosts that spout cringey stuff and throw merch in the crowd.
I realise that i might be the Problem.

Metalmarc

Oh boy i have never attented a convention of any kind, closest is music gigs but really you just stand where you want if stnading

These pics of the crowds ohhhh boy, but i feel i'd love to go to a gaming convention one times in my life, but the crowds, plus i'm anti social and space invaders freak me out, i may go though one day, just one here at home in the UK.

Looks like your having a good time though folks, thats to all of you.

Linkura

SOUTH PARK
Yeah, this is hilarious. If you are expecting a awesome jokes with excellent characters, you're totally right here. This looks and plays awesome, it makes so much fun and feels well improved. Played om PS4 and it looked almost the same as the tv-series. Day one for me.
Played the e3 level.
So this was the strip club level that was at E3? Just want to confirm.

The same thing with D2

I remember a line for Deus Ex last year. It's like 2 or 3 days till release.... and it just happened that an electronic store nearby also broke the street date. Why bother??

derFeef

The same thing with D2

Even if it's a games show, still, many people are not really informed about release dates, betas and stuff like that.
Plus, "free game time"

Top Bottom