• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom: PS Vita has sold 2.2 Million Units Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelbox

Yep. I think AC on the Vita could be that game in the west. Ya'know, to show how a full console experience can be on a handheld with 2 analogs ane shit.

Pranay

might be the case. uncharted is at about 315k between the us and japan though, so it's possible it could have sold about 225k in europe without it being a totally crazy number.

Seems true imo.

Since uncharted GA did top 7 Charts in Europe. I think 225k is possible.

Yep. I think AC on the Vita could be that game in the west. Ya'know, to show how a full console experience can be on a handheld with 2 analogs ane shit.

And still everyone will just buy it on ps360.

Had it been exclusive to psvita, well...but this way it's just the same game on a lesser piece of hardware. I don't think portability will matter that much.

The Vita needs something that defines it. Like Monster Hunter on the psp, Pokemon for DS, etc.

pixelbox

Had it been exclusive to psvita, well...but this way it's just the same game on a lesser piece of hardware. I don't think portability will matter that much.

The Vita needs something that defines it. Like Monster Hunter on the psp, Pokemon for DS, etc.
Yeah but what? MH fit PSP perfectly with it's graphic capability and network. Pokemon worked for Nintendo due to simple control but deep gameplay. Perhaps Vita's online capabilites and dual sticks.

Shion

Liberation is a Vita exclusive.

Skyzard

Banned
This pretty much sums it up.

Completely the opposite in fact. I take it this came from someone who doesn't know how popular fifa is the last few years especially. Nor do they appreciate how big it is in europe - constantly topping the charts. If they do, they don't understand how good the vita version is and how appealing it would be here. Not that I will buy it, but fifa on vita was smart.

Not sure what the hell people are on about. Anything will pass here when the vita is concerned (and it's a slant against it).

It won't sell the system to gaf? No shit. It's the most popular console game in europe. And it looks basically identical on vita.

Other than maybe a few wipeout sales and rayman origins, I can't imagine what else they would have bought it for here. Pretty sure it was responsible for a decent chunk.

Completely the opposite in fact. I take it this came from someone who doesn't know how popular fifa is the last few years especially. Nor do they appreciate how big it is in europe - constantly topping the charts. If they do, they don't understand how good the vita version is and how appealing it would be here. Not that I will buy it, but fifa on vita was smart.

Not sure what the hell people are on about. Seems any rubbish logic will pass here when the vita is concerned (and it's a slant against it).

It won't sell the system to gaf? No shit.

I know exactly how big FIFA is mate.

Its huge in europe but its not gonna shift Vita's in big numbers! The 360/PS3 FIFA crowd are not gonna drop £200+ to play FIFA on the go.

Skyzard

Banned
I know exactly how big FIFA is mate.

Its huge in europe but its not gonna shift Vita's in big numbers! The 360/PS3 FIFA crowd are not gonna drop £200+ to play FIFA on the go.

It would more than any other game I can think of. It also applies to people who only play at their friend's house..people who want more fifa. People who don't have as much access to their gaming console...I can't think of another game that would do that, if all they play is fifa. They aren't really gamers, it is just mainstream ! I can understand it being too pricey and unnecessary for the majority. But that applies to the console itself, at least until they change the price... fifa itself was crucial here.

It would more than any other game I can think of. It also applies to people who only play at their friend's house..people who want more fifa. People who don't have as much access to their gaming console...I can't think of another game that would do that, if all they play is fifa. They aren't really gamers, it is just mainstream ! I can understand it being too pricey and unnecessary for the majority. But that applies to the console itself, at least until they change the price... fifa itself was crucial here.

The mainstream as you say would just get themselves a mainstream console to play FIFA if they didn't have one already - which, by the way, are cheaper than a Vita. A Vita would hardly be anybody's first choice in that instance.

As for the people who have limited access to their own console, that's still a very small number.

FIFA is a welcome addition to the library of any console. As you know, some people don't buy a console until FIFA is available. But we're coming to the end of the generation now. Very few people out there are buying consoles at this point to play FIFA.

It seems Sony's really banking on the trio of LBP, AC, and COD for the fall/holidays, well at least in the west. In Japan, it's pretty hopeless. Soul Sacrifice and...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom