• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Capcom Not Bringing Switch Ver. of Monster Hunter XX to US (at this time)

The more I hear about their current state of affairs, the more I think they are managed by the blind. MHW is something like a 4+ year project and they still seem very unpolished in areas and in a full sprint to make it for a launch before FY ends for Capcom. Meanwhile they're stretching their extended staff and team to a portable entry on top of it all. This is just bad management.

I don't think it is bad management personally. They have two full teams capable of making MH games. One is making a console entry with the hope of expansion, one is seemingly creating something for the traditional base. Bad management would be creating this console entry without any kind of contingency plan, surely?

I'm not entirely convinced an XX localisation is worth the extra resources, as much as I'd like it to happen. At least not right now.

Or we only get the western-appealing ones and not the handheld entries.

Very unlikely.

Well obviously, XXS is out in a bit more than a month (but in Japan only).
Until there's more details (position compared to W and XX, strategy for the west, etc), it's not really useful...

Um, okay? I'm just saying what I've been hearing for months now.

im not buying the nitpicking

MHW looks amazing and I cant wait to play 5th gen much like I couldnt wait to jump into 4th gen with its aerial combat

We all wanted a switch MH but it looks like we will have to wait or import.

I believe all the inhouse localization resources have been dedicated to the next game to make sure the global release becomes a reality

Dremorak

Banned
Switch is such a perfect platform for this kind of game the idea that we might never get one in english on switch makes me sad. :( Esp when they will probably continue the series in japan

Kyoufu

You really need to stop trying to extend your own "out of the handheld ghetto", to use your own words, optimism to others to spare MHW/MH/Capcom of their due share of negativity for their own stupid ass decisions.

I'm not extending anything. MH has a long way to go before it's in the same pile as Ace Attorney.

Vena

Bad management would be creating this console entry without any kind of contingency plan surely?

No, that would be a stupid company. You can have degrees and types of poor management, here it seems more like either not enough manpower, too many ideas, or too little time vs. either of the former.

Maybe they did everything perfectly for the manpower they had and they couldn't afford more... in which case Capcom hasn't been managing its finances (which... I mean, is true).

For now

I predict XX switch and MHW would have both broken records

shame we only get one of the two

No way on XX, not even the combined 3DS/Switch launch would have exceeded MH4U sales, its an expansion for a title that already did shy of 4U. 3DS is slowing down and the Switch is limited by the supply.

For World, people are taking for granted the audience on 3DS I'd wager. There's zero guarantee that any of them will transition and there's no way to gauge how large the "dedicated core" even is in the west. World has to find an audience to match 4U before it starts exceeding it because I question how much of the 3DS audience will care to play MH on a console. It could well be looking down the barrel of no relevantly large transitioned audience at all, and will have to make it up from scratch.

The brand is weak in the west, and the place where it was strong has little in common with a console. Growth will come after we see evidence of an audience existing, period.

Sorry but Gen 5 is way more optimistic in my mind

Multiplatform is far more inclusive going forward and locking out fanbases during the transition from gen 3 to 4 was bullshit and only accomplished a rift among the western audience

As far as losing on portability in the west I imagine we havent seen the last of MH games coming to Nintendo. We may still get XX or another 5th gen title... in fact i hope we do so at the very least the console warrior bullshit can go away and we can come together as a community again and play how and where we want without being treated like garbage by fellow hunters

Sorry but 4th gen exclusivity on 3DS for 6 years was rough in many ways. The only triumphs were the games themselves.

No, that would be a stupid company. You can have degrees and types of poor management, here it seems more like either not enough manpower, too many ideas, or too little time vs. either of the former.

Maybe they did everything perfectly for the manpower they had and they couldn't afford more... in which case Capcom hasn't been managing its finances (which... I mean, is true).

I'm confused, why is this a bad thing? The only negative this has brought about is that a MHXX localisation isn't possible right now and I'm not entirely convinced that's going to be that big of a problem. I genuinely don't understand how this points to having too many ideas, not enough man power or too little time.

Vinnk

I believe all the inhouse localization resources have been dedicated to the next game to make sure the global release becomes a reality

They could get it out if they wanted to. My guess is they don't.

NIS can translate multiple text-heavy Vita RPGs and get them out a few months after they release in Japan. And these will go on to sell only a few thousand copies. Still the company feels it is worth doing.

A company like Capcom, with their resources could totally translate and release these games if the wanted to. The 3DS version has been out for months so they could have already started the translation. If they had any desire to. A lot of the game is already translated because of the US release of the 3DS Generations.

It's not a matter of resources.

Vena

I'm confused, why is this a bad thing? The only negative this has brought about is that a MHXX localisation isn't possible right now and I'm not entirely convinced that's going to be that big of a problem.

As I said, the possibility of a dash to get it out before end of FY.

Sorry but 4th gen exclusivity on 3DS for 6 years was rough in many ways. The only triumphs were the games themselves.

Point is, its existed for over half a decade on a type of format that it now will not be on. The audience on one format is not necessarily an audience on the other aside from a very dedicated but limited sliver of the population, it may not even be there at all. My point/contention with your "breaking records" is that I think you're taking the current audience as a guarantee where I don't think it is, at all.

No way on XX, not even the combined 3DS/Switch launch would have exceeded MH4U sales, its an expansion for a title that already did shy of 4U. 3DS is slowing down and the Switch is limited by the supply.

For World, people are taking for granted the audience on 3DS I'd wager. There's zero guarantee that any of them will transition and there's no way to gauge how large the "dedicated core" even is in the west. World has to find an audience to match 4U before it starts exceeding it because I question how much of the 3DS audience will care to play MH on a console. It could well be looking down the barrel of no relevantly large transitioned audience at all, and will have to make it up from scratch.

The brand is weak in the west, and the place where it was strong has little in common with a console. Growth will come after we see evidence of an audience existing, period.

I disagree

I attribute its weakness to not striking while the iron is hot. Wrong platform, wrong features, too little to late

I feel like MH4U sold the best due to the inclusion of online play which was just enough of an olive branch and the barrier to entry was low that most put up with the 3DS hardware

Now we have the first console title thats multiplatform and has all the features you could want from the get go without compromises

The only other title thats comes close to being as attractive to MHW is MH3U and we dont even have to dig deep to see why that didnt do the numbers despite being one of the best console releases ever.

Effect

Yeah, probably won't hear about it for a long time but they're not wasting any time. It's why I can't see XX getting localised unless Nintendo steps in. Capcom likely see's more value in getting World and the new Switch game out as they have more to gain from those than a quick and dirty XX localisation.

So we're still where we were. It's not happening. If for some reason it does happen it will be completely worthless as a product at that point on all fronts. So it's still Fuck Capcom. I say this still because it's not just Monster Hunter that is the issue. That's just where the spotlight is and the final straw. Capcom has done and is doing nothing Switch related at all.

Delio

I'm sad they are skipping this game. I really thought it would be out this fall. I know I would have picked up this and World. I don't trust that they will just release it after World though I think it will just stay in Japan.

Vena

I feel like MH4U sold the best due to the inclusion of online play which was just enough of an olive branch and the barrier to entry was low that most put up with the 3DS hardware

New 3DS launch and strong co-marketing, that is single-handedly the strongest force behind the sales of 4U. You're taking waaay too much for granted about this franchise in the west and its audience. Before 4U, it was basically non-existant and it took a strong promotion with brand new hardware (with which it was strongly co-marketed) to take it to its current highs.

Capcom certainly expects growth. If it sells on the level of or worse than 4U in the west, it'd be an unmitigated and complete disaster.

I don't think there is a dash to get it out before the end of the fiscal year.

As I said, some parts looked unpolished/unfinished but we'll see! Only time will tell and neither of can tell the future!
I can but I am a fair sport and don't look.

New 3DS launch and strong co-marketing, that is single-handedly the strongest force behind the sales of 4U. You're taking waaay too much for granted about this franchise in the west and its audience.

As I said, some parts looked unpolished/unfinished but we'll see! Only time will tell and neither of can tell the future!

The co-marketing was great with 4U. I'm still rocking my shiny 4U 3DS. I feel like it's mocking me now that XX isn't coming haha.

So we're still where we were. It's not happening. If for some reason it does happen it will be completely worthless as a product at that point on all fronts. So it's still Fuck Capcom. I say this still because it's not just Monster Hunter that is the issue. That's just where the spotlight is and the final straw. Capcom has done and is doing nothing Switch related at all.

I get how you feel. Still not sure why the Dai Gyakuten Saiban games haven't been localised.

New 3DS launch and strong co-marketing, that is single-handedly the strongest force behind the sales of 4U. You're taking waaay too much for granted about this franchise in the west and its audience. Before 4U, it was basically non-existant and it took a strong promotion with brand new hardware (with which it was strongly co-marketed) to take it to its current highs.

Capcom certainly expects growth. If it sells on the level of or worse than 4U in the west, it'd be an unmitigated and complete disaster.

Maybe

But I have extremely high hopes for MHW. It checks all the boxes and more that 3 Ultimate did without being locked to a failing platform

I predict its going to be a hit

Vena

Maybe

But I have extremely high hopes for MHW. It checks all the boxes and more that 3 Ultimate did without being locked to a failing platform

All the boxes for *you*. Be careful in appropriating your giddiness to play in the way you've dreamed to the reality of a very niche brand in the west which will be facing heavy competition from the western market.

I can hardly share your enthusiasm when Sony's introduction to this title was barely even enthusiastic and framed this as a niche cult franchise. Hell, this thread and its two other clones of slightly different titles are comparable to the actual thread on MHW... which in and of itself is only a handful of people talking to each other in circles.

Like, ask yourself: who do you *know* will buy this? MH fans? Who's that? The ones on the 3DS? Who says they have interest in buying a PS4/X1/PC or care enough about the franchise when its not just *another title in the library*? The fans on console that, far as the WiiU is a terrible gauge for, is a couple hundred thousand or otherwise don't exist in any quantifiable capacity?

Whoever the audience will be, it will, I think, largely have to be carved from fresh marble.

All the boxes for *you*. Be careful in appropriating your giddiness to play in the way you've dreamed to the reality of a very niche brand in the west which will be facing heavy competition from the western market.

I can hardly share your enthusiasm when Sony's introduction to this title was barely even enthusiastic and framed this as a niche cult franchise. Hell, this thread and its two other clones of slightly different titles are comparable to the actual thread on MHW... which in and of itself is only a handful of people talking to each other in circles.

Like, ask yourself: who do you *know* will buy this? MH fans? Who's that? The ones on the 3DS? Who says they have interest in buying a PS4/X1/PC or care enough about the franchise when its not just *another title in the library*? The fans on console that, far as the WiiU is a terrible gauge for, is a couple hundred thousand or otherwise don't exist in any quantifiable capacity?

Whoever the audience will be, it will, I think, largely have to be carved from fresh marble.

your opposition bias is equally off putting

Im not alone at all in what i desired from the series and now we actually get to see how the series performs in a completely new and unrestricted environment

And by that I mean not exclusive and locked down

Vena

your opposition bias is equally off putting

Im not alone at all in what i desired from the series and now we actually get to see how the series performs in a completely new and unrestricted environment

And by that I mean not exclusive and locked down

You're not even arguing against what I said. You're effectively just daydreaming.

Maybe

In the west, I think it's possible that it will reach its current sales but they will be mostly make up of new audiences.

In the East, I think it will perform much much worst.

I believe Capcom is banking on the west to make up for the East. I hope they don't stop if MHW fail since its impossible to build up audiences with one game to meet their target and they have left their old Western portable fans. They have to do it like they did on the 3DS and do it title by title with a lot of promotion (with or without external help).

In the west, I think it's possible that it will reach its current sales but they will be mostly make up of new audiences.

In the East, I think it will perform much much worst.

I believe Capcom is banking on the west to make up for the East. I hope they don't stop if MHW fail since its impossible to build up audiences with one game to meet their target and they have left their old Western portable fans. They have to do it like they did on the 3DS and do it title by title with a lot of promotion (with or without external help).

But the east gets everything

Its not even really a gamble is it? Especially if they can just crank out a portable 5th gen entry right after

If anything they should have never stopped doing the multi angle approach and I still think they should localized the switch games anyways

This is the expansion of the series i was looking for.

But the east gets everything

Its not even really a gamble is it? Especially if they can just crank out a portable 5th gen entry right after

If anything they should have never stopped doing the multi angle approach and I still think they should localized the switch games anyways

This is the expansion of the series i was looking for.

??? I mean the sales of MHW for the East not the portable series. I do agree that the east will get the best of both worlds lol. I am just saying that I hope Capcom will not give up if MHW does not meet Capcom expectation since I don't think it will sell that much in Japan and that sales in the west won't be there yet.

paulpp

Neo Member
MHW looks amazing and MH is long overdue a platform that it can shine on, but I must admit MHXX was a big factor for my Switch purchase. I didn't buy Generations on 3DS because I anticipated a port of it to Switch.

I even bought a Switch Pro controller just before E3 in anticipation of the announcement of MHXX for the US market.. I figured it was a given since it was announced for Japan. It's disappointing not to get an announcement, but one the positive side...the Pro controller is amazing. Very comfortable. :)

Since the Switch doesn't have backwards compatibility, you'd think Nintendo would go the extra mile to help get big 3ds games on the Switch (worldwide, not just Japan).

I also don't buy the excuse of Capcom not wanting MHXX to step on MHW in the west. Wouldn't this also apply to Japan. Also, Dragons Dogma PS4 is coming out soon...wouldn't this also potentially step on MHW?

Given a July/Aug release for MHXX/Switch and 2018 release for MHW, I would have easily bought both. Oh well.

It's not likely making up any lost sales in the west. Q1 seems to be packed with some pretty big names already. The closer it launches to games like Red Dead 3, the worse off it's chances are.

I think It's biggest chance for growth in the west is going to come from the PC market and it seems like they're gimping it's potential there. MHW's release there should be a huge priority.

Kyoufu

I always see console/PC owners begging for MH and going by the MHW reactions on YouTube, they finally got their wish. I mean, the last time my best friend played MH was on the Wii. He doesn't play on handhelds thus hasn't played a Monster Hunter game since. I imagine he's not the only one.

Now Monster Hunter, a co-op centric game is going to be available on the 3 biggest platforms outside Japan which house online co-op games for the mainstream and come with extremely simple gameplay sharing methods which is the trend in spreading word of mouth these days, with an install base of at least 90 million worldwide. You keep calling this a bad business decision when in reality this is Capcom's best shot at overseas growth. Which is what they've wanted for a long time. Whether it pays off for them remains to be seen, but surely you can see why they're doing this?

Now with that all said, I want MHXX in the west too and I think they should have planned it better. XX this year and World next year would have been perfect. I'm forced to import XX which I was hoping not to do. :(

Vena

I always see console/PC owners begging for MH and going by the MHW reactions on YouTube, they finally got their wish. I mean, the last time my best friend played MH was on the Wii. He doesn't play on handhelds thus hasn't played a Monster Hunter game since. I imagine he's not the only one.

Ever consider that maybe they don't actually care (what is even the realizable potential of "a forum goer wants X on a console" to turn into a sale? how does one even use this in a quantifiable fashion to try and make a point?) and that you're trying to apply anecdote to the actual data I was working with?

Now Monster Hunter, a co-op centric game is going to be available on the 3 biggest platforms outside Japan which house online co-op games for the mainstream and come with extremely simple gameplay sharing methods which is the trend in spreading word of mouth these days, with an install base of at least 90 million worldwide. You keep calling this a bad business decision when in reality this is Capcom's best shot at overseas growth. Which is what they've wanted for a long time. Whether it pays off for them remains to be seen, but surely you can see why they're doing this?

Now with that all said, I want MHXX in the west too and I think they should have planned it better. XX this year and World next year would have been perfect. I'm forced to import XX which I was hoping not to do. :(

No, I didn't.

Lizardus

People are mad because they were expecting the G rank title after we got a LR and HR in first. I think this is the first time in the west that we got a non-G rank title first on the same system where we would be able transfer our progress. Getting stuck with only Generations feels like a huge case of blue balls.

I also don't buy "stretched too thin to localize" thing. More than half the game has been translated already in Generations and almost all the G-rank translations of materials and equipment exist in older games (FU, 4U etc.) There is also a fan translation of XX which is very good. If Capcom wanted to, they could combine all that with Nintendo's help (if they needed) and release a digital-only version of XX. I am sure that would be profitable.

M-PG71C

It's not likely making up any lost sales in the west. Q1 seems to be packed with some pretty big names already. The closer it launches to games like Red Dead 3, the worse off it's chances are.

I think It's biggest chance for growth in the west is going to come from the PC market and it seems like they're gimping it's potential there. MHW's release there should be a huge priority.

This. MH is a very niche franchise. I've followed it since the PSP and I will likely buy MH World for the PS4. But I got this very bad feeling Capcom is indeed stupid enough to pit it close to something RDR3. I hope it does well, I'll be there day one, but it would not surprise me at all if it performs worse than the 3DS games.

Kyoufu

Ever consider that maybe they don't actually care (what is even the realizable potential of "a forum goer wants X on a console" to turn into a sale? how does one even use this in a quantifiable fashion to try and make a point?) and that you're trying to apply anecdote to the actual data I was working with?

No, I didn't.

If by "actual data" you mean Wii U sales then shit, nobody would ever make another console game again.

Vena

If by "actual data" you mean Wii U sales then shit, nobody would ever make another console game again.

No. Read it again. I said there is no modern, quantifiable audience on console at all outside of the WiiU one (for what it may even be worth, which is basically nothing). The quantifiable and, larger point being taken for granted, audience is on handhelds and only ever showed up with a very large marketing co-campaign with the N3DS.

That was my point.

It *could* show huge growth over current successes but the overall discussion to which I was replying/framing this is that I think people take the 3DS audience as a for-granted baseline from which it will grow. I do not think this is the case, I think whatever successes MHW finds in the west will largely have to be found on a *new* audience that has not previously been tapped but also that is not quantifiable outside of anecdotes along the lines of which you provided. The question then becomes how large that audience is and how well it can be monetized (if the game is monetized).

I also don't buy "stretched too thin to localize" thing. More than half the game has been translated already in Generations and almost all the G-rank translations of materials and equipment exist in older games (FU, 4U etc.) There is also a fan translation of XX which is very good. If Capcom wanted to, they could combine all that with Nintendo's help (if they needed) and release a digital-only version of XX. I am sure that would be profitable.

Exactly how I feel. The bulk of XX is already localized. There would be minimal effort required to get this over here. Capcom is holding back because they don't know how to make money anymore.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that they're afraid everyone will buy XX and skip MHW. They know this is mainly a portable franchise and are nervous about launching on a home console.

It's like others have said, I'd have bought both. Now I'm not buying another Capcom release period.

Kyoufu

No. Read it again. I said there is no modern, quantifiable audience on console at all outside of the WiiU one (for what it may even be worth, which is basically nothing). The quantifiable and, larger point being taken for granted, audience is on handhelds and only ever showed up with a very large marketing co-campaign with the N3DS.

That was my point.

Okay, I understand what you're saying, but that's because MH hasn't been on consoles properly since the Wii. Since then it's been on handhelds and we both know handhelds are a small portion of software sales in the west, which is why Capcom is doing this on console and PC. They're going to aim for first-timers as well as series veterans from PSP/Wii/3DS/whatever. I think they'd do well to attract the Souls fans who enjoy skill-based action games as well as the Souls fans who like to play these games in co-op. That Nioh co-op nerf reaction from those angry that the game didn't have fully free co-op when the game came out? Yeah, those people should be jumping all over this too.

Again, let's wait and see how this turns out for them. It could be a hit like other Japanese games have been hits here lately. It could bomb and that'd be the end of that.

Vena

Okay, I understand what you're saying, but that's because MH hasn't been on consoles properly since the Wii. Since then it's been on handhelds and we both know handhelds are a small portion of software sales in the west, which is why Capcom is doing this on console and PC. They're going to aim for first-timers as well as series veterans from PSP/Wii/3DS/whatever. I think they'd do well to attract the Souls fans who enjoy skill-based action games as well as the Souls fans who like to play these games in co-op. That Nioh co-op nerf reaction from those angry that the game didn't have fully free co-op when the game came out? Yeah, those people should be jumping all over this too.

Again, let's wait and see how this turns out for them. It could be a hit like other Japanese games have been hits here lately. It could bomb and that'd be the end of that.

I honestly don't see a high cross over between DS and MH, I think they are attractive to their bases for very different reasons and they share only a surface-deep similarity. Nioh is a terrible comparison, if it performs on the level of Nioh it will be a terrible result, so appropriating the reaction there to what MHW hopes to actually achieve seems wrong to me.

The other point was that "series veterans" is a tiny ass niche. The overall and larger point we seem to agree on: first timers. As per my late edit to the previous post:

It *could* show huge growth over current successes but the overall discussion to which I was replying/framing this is that I think people take the 3DS audience as a for-granted baseline from which it will grow. I do not think this is the case, I think whatever successes MHW finds in the west will largely have to be found on a *new* audience that has not previously been tapped but also that is not quantifiable outside of anecdotes along the lines of which you provided.

---------------

Yes, that will surely help this series prosper.

I mean, its not his fault he's been led to that decision. You don't need to guilt him.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

I'm a 100% positive that 3DS software sales are not insignificant when compared to PS4/X1 in the West. Also lol at small software sales.

Kyoufu

I honestly don't see a high cross over between DS and MH, I think they are attractive to their bases for very different reasons and they share only a surface-deep similarity. Nioh is a terrible comparison, if it performs on the level of Nioh it will be a terrible result, so appropriating the reaction there to what MHW hopes to actually achieve seems wrong to me.

The other point was that "series veterans" is a tiny ass niche. The overall and larger point we seem to agree on: first timers. As per my late edit to the previous post:

I don't think Nioh is a terrible comparison at all. Nioh's success came from a single platform. For a new IP that looks far worse than MHW graphically it did extremely well. It would have done even better on XB1 and PC, where action games also sell pretty well on. Nioh 2 will undoubtedly be multiplatform as it has great potential to become bigger.

I'm a 100% positive that 3DS software sales are not insignificant when compared to PS4/X1 in the West. Also lol at small software sales.

Then why is Capcom saying handhelds in the west only represent a figure of 15% of total software sales? This was when they were asked why MH doesn't do as well overseas as it does in Japan.

Ridley327

Yes, that will surely help this series prosper.

You must admit that there is an almost comical aversion to exploiting the fanbase with this decision. This is essentially what's happening out loud:

Fan base: Boy, MHW sure looks great, and we've also got MHXX coming on the way for one last big party with the old style of games. Things couldn't be better for a Monster Hunter fan!

Capcom: MHW does look great! Also, we're not localizing MHXX.

Fan base: ...but we want MHXX, too.

Capcom: ...but we want you to want MHW!

Fan base: We are telling you that instead that we are willing to buy two games at full price instead of just one.

Fan base: We are literally declaring our intent to give you $120 instead of just $60 right this very instant.

It's absolutely insane.

Eolz

Kyoufu: Nioh doesn't look far worse than MHW, or even bad, I wish you would stop with this terrible argument...

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Then why is Capcom saying handhelds in the west only represent a figure of 15% of total software sales? This was when they were asked why MH doesn't do as well overseas as it does in Japan.

I find this hilarious.

First - your point was handheld software sales are insignificant in the West, that is false right off the bat. Not that MH sales are insignificant in the West.

Second - You try to say MH doesn't do well in the West because it is on handhelds. There is no data that backs that at all. Plenty of franchises don't do as well in the West as Japan, it's not a conspiracy.

Your arguing point is laughable and falliable, it has no backing of actual support or data.

Yes. You should unequivocally support all multi-million dollar corporation who don't give you what you want.

Not saying this at all. I just don't get the logic of expressing intent to buy both MHW and MHXX, but deciding not to because MHXX isn't currently planned for localisation in the west. That's not really going to help.

It's up to you how you spend your money though.

Eolz

I played Nioh for 120 hours, yes it looks like a launch PS3 game. I wish I was joking.

Launch your ps3. Look at PS3 launch games.
Come on, seriously, you bring that up in every thread talking about MHW lately. Who cares about how Nioh looks, especially when it looks like a PS4 game? You're in the minority there.

Back on topic please...

boiled goose

good with gravy
Agreed. There's no excuse not to do global launches for all future MH entries any longer.

Yup

We live in a globalized world where fans have access to something called the internet. Staggered release is a complete hype killer.

Marketing the game in two regions at two different times is a great way to miss out on a lot of synergy

It's outdated thinking.

Kyoufu

I find this hilarious.

First - your point was handheld software sales are insignificant in the West, that is false right off the bat. Not that MH sales are insignificant in the West.

Second - You try to say MH doesn't do well in the West because it is on handhelds. There is no data that backs that at all. Plenty of franchises don't do as well in the West as Japan, it's not a conspiracy.

Your arguing point is laughable and falliable, it has no backing of actual support or data.

What's really hilarious is you making things up. Nowhere did I claim that MH doesn't sell well on handhelds in the west. Feel free to point it out if you can.

And yes scratch my 15% figure quote. Capcom actually stated it's 10%.

Top Bottom