• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: PlayStation 4 will work with Xbox One's HDMI pass-through port

Caayn

Actually, I'd want that shit removed. Do it right or don't bother. And this isn't how you do one. If it's bad enough that 'it wouldn't be a good experience' then something did it wrong.
So you want X to work perfect for Y while it it's designed with only Z in mind? As Albert Penello and the entire announcement of the Xbox One inderectly said, they designed it to work perfect for video content (TV for example) they didn't intend it to work perfect for interactive content (Like games which require low latency).

So you want every feature removed that you're not going to use? I'd say give MS, Nintendo and Sony a call offering them a nice bag of money for your own customized box without those features.

I'm not really sure how this works. I know you can plug any HDMI device to XB1 and it will work from the passthrough but what about 5.1 Dolby digital/DTS sound coming through passthrough if it's connected with either 360/PS3 ?

Basically what I want to know is if receivers and sound systems still recognise the 5.1/7.1 audio signal with 360/PS3 if its going through the XB1's passthrough or will it just be stereo sound now instead for passthrough devices as it won't be going directly to the receiver?

I'm asking because if it is still 5.1 then that will free up one of the four HDMI slots on my sound system as I can just use the XB1 passthrough instead. However I would only do this passthrough business if it still had the 5.1 sound on either 360/PS3

I'm surprised they haven't elaborated on this further as I still want to keep my current gen consoles for another year at least. I only use them in 5.1 sound because it rocks.

So the other day I was wanting to watch some twitch stream while playing Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox One via the HDMI input. I know that there is latency issues and I couldn't really play it that well at all. I was wondering if any of you have tried playing one of your other consoles through the Xbox One's HDMI in, and what your experience was like? RDR was the only game I played and the latency was definitely an issue. I'm thinking slower paced, maybe puzzle or turn based RPG's are probably best suited for it.

What's been your experience?

Edit: I meant to make this a new thread. :p

Top Bottom