• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Black Friday ad

coldone

I regret not buying XL-Mario Kart bundle last year. It was on sale for $169.99 every where including Frys, toysrus etc. While Vita/AC bundle was also $169.99 last year.

I was hoping to snatch a second Vita or a 3DS-XL this season. Doesnt look promising.

Oh fuck me. Looks like I'll be getting another 3DSXL.

GoAfY7C.png

I got the Gold Zelda DS Lite from some years ago and its been my prized handheld ever since

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If they don't have a limit of 1, in for two years of PS+ for the price of one year of live.
How?

EDIT: Please don't tell me you've just bought that much time =p Was hoping there have been some "promotions" I may have missed like what happens with XBOX Live/MS points.

2010 - 2011 - $49.99 + 3 months extra free
2011 - 2012 - $49.99 + 3 months extra free
2012 - 2013 - $14.99 Target Glitch
2013 - 2014 - $14.99 Target Glitch
2014 - 2015 - IGN PSASBR Free For All Codes Fuck up
2015 - 2016 - IGN PSASBR Free For All Codes Fuck up
2016 - 2017 - Best Buy Promotion of $10 off ($39.99) + Reward Zone money, so $4.99
2017 - 2018 - Best Buy Promotion of $10 off ($39.99) + Reward Zone money, so $14.99
2018 - End - was due to PSNpocalypse + those 6 months bonus those 2 first years

So 2010 - 2018 - $150, not bad, almost $20 a year

Strike

Might jump in on another year of PS+. Hope the other retail outlets have some Vita deals. Also looking for a good deal on Beyond: Two Souls, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Gears of War: Judgment.

Wow, GS must be pissed!

So, YAY for Zelda 3DSXL! I wonder if anyone will have it cheaper?
So, no Luigi Limited Edition XL in the states then?

Also, I see the Skylanders Wii U Bundle. Wonder if this is the replacement instead of the Mario U double pack the rest of the world is receiving...

xJavonta

Banned
In for that $10 8GB Vita card and $30 PS Sub. I'm buying a few of those 8GBs haha it's nice to have extras ya know, just in case.

Also grabbing a Wii for a buddy since I'm a Powerup member and he isn't. His dad wants one lol

Edit; Holy shit, Soul Sacrifice, TWD, Killzone and LBP will be mine too. I'm gonna drop a few hundred at gamestop alone lol

ISOM

I really don't know if I should wait until black friday to buy bf4 for $30 or just buy it when it's released in a week and half. Decisions..

I don't understand that trading your 3DS in for the Luigi's Mansion bundle thing... Am I misreading or or you basically just buying Luigi's Mansion for $95 if you trade in a reg 3DS or $70 and you downgrade your XL... what?

LostAnkh

Looking forward to finally plaing Tales of Graces R, and picking up Kingdom Hearts 1.5.

Might pick up Soul Sacrifice for me and my buddy since he got 2 Vitas for $180, but I really wanted Dragon's Crown to be on sale too.

Ghazi

I don't understand that trading your 3DS in for the Luigi's Mansion bundle thing... Am I misreading or or you basically just buying Luigi's Mansion for $95 if you trade in a reg 3DS or $70 and you downgrade your XL... what?

lol wat

wtf was GameStop thinking? If it said DSi/DSi XL it'd make more sense.

witness

Getting PS+ for sure, and I was considering BF4 on PS3 as a cheap PS4 upgrade for only $40 total but the game sounds broken as shit so I think I'll go with Ghost for $45 at Best Buy instead.

synce

I was hoping for a decent brack friday bunduru on the Vita but it doesn't seem like any store's offering one. For $200 I'd like a bigger card at least

daycru

Can anyone tell me what time GS opens on Black Friday? Also, when should I get there to give myself a good shot at $30 PSN and Kingdom Hearts?

Simo

So any other GS supposed to be getting PS4 shipments in this week? My local store said they received a small shipment today for black Friday and will open at midnight tomorrow.

fernoca

Can anyone tell me what time GS opens on Black Friday? Also, when should I get there to give myself a good shot at $30 PSN and Kingdom Hearts?
Ask your local store(s). The flyer says right at the top that many will open at midnight, but some will open at 4,5..or just regular 9AM.

The $30 PS+ might be all day since (I guess, since the ad doesn't mention it) that if they ran out of cards they also sell digital codes printed on the receipts. Kingdom Hearts, depends on the amount on stock the store had. Since they received some extra stock for some items (mostly hardware and big sellers); for many other things if they had 3 at the moment of closing today, is what they'll have on sale during Black Friday.

phierce

So no way of doing this online?
Really shouldn't be crazy lines. I know it depends on your local GS, but call now and ask. I just called mine and was told they have tons of PS+ cards that will easily last all day.

Or amazon.com. (Yes, same price)

Respawn

Banned
Really shouldn't be crazy lines. I know it depends on your local GS, but call now and ask. I just called mine and was told they have tons of PS+ cards that will easily last all day.

Or amazon.com. (Yes, same price)
You guys are awesome. Thank you.

maxcriden

Planning on picking up Metroid Prime Trilogy, a DS Lite, and maybe some used games. I really am not sure yet if I will be up for going at midnight or if I'll go the next morning. I'll be in Saratoga Springs so I'm not sure how busy they will really be there on Black Friday. This probably sounds silly but--I'd rather not get stuck with a feminine color of DS, but for that price I'll take it if it's all they've got.

Alfredo

Some of their deals are already online. I just bought Xenoblade for 36 dollars (used the CAG16 code for 16% off and SAVER for free shipping).

Thank goodness I didn't have to actually go to the store for this!

Loaded Man

Some of their deals are already online. I just bought Xenoblade for 36 dollars (used the CAG16 code for 16% off and SAVER for free shipping).

I just did the same thing. ::high five::

This game better be worth the hype!

Dude you are awesome, thanks for the heads up! SAVER didn't work for me though.

So I'm planning on trying to get Metroid Prime Trilogy tonight at midnight.

Any change they'll be sold out? Do I gotta start lining up now?

EDIT: Nm, just did this, THANKS! No waiting for me! :D

anybody who is gonna pick up a 3 month xbox live card might wanna know it's 16.99 on amazon (online game code). instant gratification vs physical item comes into play here lol. with tax the 14.99 card will total about the same as amazon's code.

slapnuts

Whew! Just got back from gamestop to grab a PS4. First gamestop i went to at 1030pm for the Black Friday Gamestop midnight opening had a loooong line of people..some were there since mid afternoon and had "pop tents" up lol. Anyways..after standing in the long line for an hour ..at about 1130pm one of the gamestop employee's came out and starting asking each person in line what they were wanting to buy...he got half way through the long ass line and yelled out...anyone else wanting a PS4..they are all taken now but he says xbox one are still available as he continued down the line. My heart sank and i started walking to my car but luckily i have another gamestop like freaking 2 blocks away on the opposite side of this busy street.

So anyways...i figured i might as well go try there as it was already 1140pm and i was already convinced the line was long and i would hear the same thing there. I get there and yup the line is even longer and i drove by and yelled out asking did any gamestop employee's come out yet and take note of PS4 quantities yet? Someone shouted back to me "NO" and i quickly drive around desperately try8ing to find a parking spot as this strip mall is huge and almost EVERY PARKING SPOT IS TAKEN since there are a ton of stores having Black Friday Midnight openings...I finally find a spot and by the time i get in line...the line is even longer now. I tell myself ..Let me try anyways even though things look bleak! Midnight hits and Gamestop opens their doors and i stood inline as the line slowly moves on into the store...tons of people and with 3 Gamestop rep's at their own checkout so 3 customers at a time are purchasing their items..the line was moving at a decent rate. No gamestop employee's taking count of who is wanting PS4's and X1's so things were looking good... about 30 minutes later i finally get to a gamestop rep at the checkout and asks what item did i need and i said PS4..another gamestop employee comes by and says hold on...let me see if there are any left...my heart sunk because the guy before me just got his PS4....finally he comes back and says yup...we got a few left...and BAM! I WAS ONE FREAKING HAPPY CAMPER!!!

I am sooooooooooooo happy right now..i cannot wait to open this baby up. I put the PS4 still sealed in the box in front of me on the floor so i can just look at it for a bit to soak in all the joy lol...i am now about to finally hook my brand spanking new PS4 right now!!

After i paid and he handed over my PS4 in the all black bag..i started to walk out the store and i happen to look back at all the people in line and the line was still snaked all around the store to the outside doors...i felt kinda bad knowing that some of these people waiting in line are NOT going to be getting a PS4 or X1 tonight and none of the GS employees at this particular store are even going through the line asking who is wanting a PS4 or X1...some of these folks are going to be heart broken by the time they get to one of the three checkout lines.

I cannot believe i got ousted at the first gamestop near me at 1130pm and i drove to the other gamestop with a much longer line and i still got a PS4. And just to think..after they ran out of PS4's at the first gamestop i waited i line for 1 hour in the cold...i was just going to go home and wait til after Xmas to try again to buy a PS4...lol man i cannot believe how this night turned out. I also scored a 1 year PS+ card for 30 bucks and a few weeks back i nabbed Target Store's Buy 2 PS4 Games, Get 1 PS4 Game Free...so i am good to go now...TONIGHT IN THE EARLY MORNING BABY! Just bought a brand new Panasonic 55 inch Plasma a few months back as well...sooooo stoked!!

By the way...it was great to see all walks of life standing in line tonight...mostly 30+ and 40+ year old gamers waiting in line which is nice to see a lot of adult gamers standing out in the cold to get the game on!!

:)

I can't figure out where to post this so I hope someone sees this.

Does gamestop still resurface/ fix scratched disks?

Thanks anyone!!

Top Bottom