• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop managers get free XB1, PS4 and 7 games

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
From GameStop EXPO. Confirmed by a friend who works as a manager there. There's also a story on Joystiq. Sorry for no link, i'm on mobile.

Smart move by Sony I think.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/26/gamestop-managers-to-receive-ps4-seven-games/

GameStop managers will receive PlayStation 4 units and seven games at launch, GameStop has confirmed to Joystiq. The announcement was made at the company's GameStop EXPO, currently taking place in Las Vegas.

A tipster informs us the games to be given with the console include: Killzone: Shadowfall, NBA 2K14, Madden, FIFA 14, Need for Speed: Rivals, Battlefield 4 and Beyond: Two Souls. That final one being a curiosity if we're to assume managers will receive PS4 versions of the listed games, since to the best of our knowledge, and reiterated by Sony in follow-up, Beyond is only for PS3.

Edit: Microsoft is also giving managers free XBones.

Mesoian

If those managers are smart, they'll use them as incentives to keep employees motivated through launch and black friday.

But it's gamestop, so most of them will keep it and wonder why they have so many problems getting people to fill shifts.

If those managers are smart, they'll use them as incentives to keep employees motivated through launch and black friday.

But it's gamestop, so most of them will keep it and wonder why they have so many problems getting people to fill shifts.

Let me guess.... U work at GameStop

bumpkin

Christ, it's the least they can do for their store managers. If you think being a peon at a GS is bad, try being a manager. My friend who used to manage the local store -- before he got fed up and took a job elsewhere for 3x the pay -- told me all sorts of stories over the years.

Omega

Banned
Two of the games are NBA Live and Madden

So let's put that number down to 5 because who those games are so bad they shouldn't count.

Dark Souls II is the 7th game, it's not listed in the OP

What a conflict for all those gamestop kids that were brainwashed and trained to pimp and promote the 360 like there was no tomorrow, they need to unlearn what they have learned.

Boke1879

Very beneficial for Sony, and I would have to assume MS will do the same.

It gets Gamestop managers familiar with the PS4 and all of it's features. Not to mention if GS managers get a free PS4 it may just make their employees buy one as well. If word of mouth this holiday season and beyond is favorable for PS4 MS are in real trouble.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not exactly sure how this will motivate employees. "C'mon guys, if you stay you are allowed to play on my PS4 during lunch break"?

CaptainCally24

Neo Member
The List is

-PS4 System
-beyond Two Souls (ps3)
-Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
-NBA 2k14 (PS4)
-Madden (PS4)
-Fifa (ps4)
-need for speed (ps4)
-Battlefield 4 (PS4)
-Knack (ps4)
-Killzone mercenaries (vita)
-Driveclub (ps4)
-Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is this not illegal in the US? Would be in EU I think.

GameStop managers get free swag at this conference every year. So likely not. I think kickbacks like this are only illegal for a few industries, like healthcare.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Must just be my company that has its own rules then. They are a US company and there are lots of anti bribery laws. We can't accept anything over $50.

statham

The List is

-PS4 System
-beyond Two Souls (ps3)
-Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
-NBA 2k14 (PS4)
-Madden (PS4)
-Fifa (ps4)
-need for speed (ps4)
-Battlefield 4 (PS4)
-Knack (ps4)
-Killzone mercenaries (vita)
-Driveclub (ps4)
-Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

keep Beyond: Two Souls, sell everything else.

Top Bottom