• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Power Pass: $60, 6 Months for Game Rentals, Keep Last Game You Rented

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
10 bucks a month for rentals through Gamestop ain’t bad, I assume you can’t keep a newly released pre-owned game as your last keeper?

norm9

Man, some Gaffers have some real weird gamestop's in their areas. I have been using GS to get pre owned games for over a year now and have not had any issues with any discs from them so far.

The condition that some gamers let the things they love degrade to shouldn't be surprising.

I mean, that's why there's such a big deal when people get mad their new games are touched or sold without cellophane wrappwrs. They/I don't trust all the nasty fucks out there.

I will totally use this. I don't buy a lot of games anymore for various reasons, but this sounds perfect for games I know I wont keep like Ass Creed, Call of Duty, etc.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Has it been said if this is rolling out nation wide or is this in a test market?

I would use this on 3ds games all day.

Matticers

Not a bad deal at all but if you're hoping to snag newer used games then you might be disappointed. Those can obviously be hard to find and it'll probably be even harder with this deal since other people will have the same idea. It's probably awesome if you want to play some games that came out earlier this year though. Or anything older than that.

Navi

Nani? That's an incredible deal! $10 a month for unlimited rentals is pretty great but I can imagine a lot of games either being rented out or sold out of. Does GameStop benefit form this in any way especially when it comes to new rentals.

Well they’re going to stop people from using GameFly so that’s a good benefit

lucius

It’s sounds decent but this past year I noticed much more defective games and accessories from them than past years. Their app and website isn’t as accurate anymore either with in stock items.

rockyt

This is actually a pretty sweet deal. I am up for this.

FYI I do not care if it's gamestop or not. To me as a consumer it makes good sense money wise as more money in my pocket.

katsais

Judging by the condition Gamestop has for games coming in, no thanks. I'm not paying $60 for 6 months for a game that smells like cigarettes, tobacco dip and weed.

Exactly. GameStop is some fucking disgusting practices.

Best Buy and Amazon all the way.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Really not a bad deal for all those games I missed or wasn't sure it was worth the $60. Maybe I'll give it a shot after holidays.

mojojoeo

my complete guess- it went so well their used game stock was low.... going into xmass. They make alot(most) of their money on used game sales.... If their stock was all rented out- They are giga screwed by their own plan.

Thus before the thanksgiving spending corridor they axed it.

epicnemesis

Someone in their marketing team needs to have a sit down with someone in their finance/strategy team. Between this and the stacking trade in exploit over the summer that is two major promo screw ups in 1 year.

Grady

I love this. Get to spend 120 bucks a year to play through every game I want and still get 2 games out of it. I will save alot of money.

NoKisum

Business wise, this was a terrible time to launch the program. Should've started in either Spring or Summer, well after the potential profits from used games during the holidays, and when the blockbuster titles have been out for a decent amount of time.

Top Bottom