• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop shares are going crazy again, this time might be the real deal

Absolute bonkers price action. It’s possible that the Gamestop saga might be finally reaching its crescendo.

XjmJHzM.png

If this continues it’ll consume the market by Friday.

feynoob

GHG GHG calm the F down. No need to take your bigchungs out. You are going full Wall Street degenerate.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: GHG

RavageX

I wonder how it feels for a company to be played around with like this.

Meaning, the company itself isn't responsible for surges unless they do something stupid (which gamestop has been doing for quite some time) but a internet post can temporarily make them worth more....

Meaning, the company itself isn't responsible for surges unless they do something stupid (which gamestop has been doing for quite some time) but a internet post can temporarily make them worth more....
Roaring Kitty himself is not without blemish. There is a reason he disappeared.
People think that during the first surge, he did it and kept covering it like a maniac to benefit himself.

I think there was an article about him buying GS stocks a few days before it went crazy and he actively was 1 of the main instigators of the whole trading thing. Makes you wonder what his intentions were IF true....

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

They will love it. The execs can cash out of their shares at inflated prices and they can do share offerings in order to raise capital for the company.

There is no down side for them.

What about this time makes you think it's the real deal?
Because realistically, it never should have been suppressed like it was. This kind of breakout can easily get away from the shorts, but the levels of crime inherent in the system knows no bounds, therefore the operative word of “might” is an important one not to overlook.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Because realistically, it never should have been surpressed like it was. This kind if breakout can easily get away from the shorts, but the levels if crime inherent in the system knows no bounds, there the operative word of “might” is an important one not to overlook.

It's nothing to do with the shorts they aren't covering.

Mechanically this is a gamma squeeze.

bumpkin

I bought one share for shits and giggles when it was inexpensive ($16) but that’s not gonna make me rich if I sell it now (or ever).

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Considering until today you could buy Calls/Puts for that price range for absolute pennies I would hope someone in the management dropped $100 of fuck you money and are now a millionaire.

Puscifer

The whole Gamestop/AMC thing was definately the dumbest thing from the pandemic.
How so? It exposed to even the most layman that corporations try to stop the average person from becoming wealthy the way they do. Pumping and dumping stocks is classic but once the average person realized in groups they could do the same effect execs formed like Voltron to stop it. What Robinhood and others did was flatout illegal

Danknugz

you might get lucky, you might get wrecked. feels staged to me, i'm not biting, rip to those who bought outs on the spike yesterday.

KaiserBecks

It's nothing to do with the shorts they aren't covering.

Mechanically this is a gamma squeeze.

I don’t know anything about stocks but covering shorts and gamma squeezes make me feel like you guys are talking about a UFC fight.

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

GameStop today communicates through plushies and action figure they don’t have retro consoles, bins of games, and they’re always pushing a pre order theme without the midnight launch.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How so? It exposed to even the most layman that corporations try to stop the average person from becoming wealthy the way they do. Pumping and dumping stocks is classic but once the average person realized in groups they could do the same effect execs formed like Voltron to stop it. What Robinhood and others did was flatout illegal
It's interesting that people didn't realize, perhaps refuse to still realize, that the entire market operates like this.
Sucks for people who think this could be 'the real deal' but it really exposed to the layman how the stock market is basically people 'agreeing' that something is worth 'x' and then when they think they can get away with it, deciding it is worth 'y'.

OuterLimits

The whole Gamestop/AMC thing was definately the dumbest thing from the pandemic.

Perhaps on an parallel Earth where some people driving alone in their car while wearing a mask did no occur. Sadly, there were many things way more dumb occurring than Gamestop/AMC

Last edited:

poppabk

Perhaps on an parallel Earth where some people driving alone in their car while wearing a mask did no occur. Sadly, there were many things way more dumb occurring than Gamestop/AMC
That is your dumbest thing - someone so used to wearing a mask they forgot to take it off.
Not, I don't know, a woman trying to stick metal to the secret government magnets in the vaccine - while testifying in a state court - and failing because she finally took a shower?

OuterLimits

That is your dumbest thing - someone so used to wearing a mask they forgot to take it off.
Not, I don't know, a woman trying to stick metal to the secret government magnets in the vaccine - while testifying in a state court - and failing because she finally took a shower?

Oh I agree that is another good example. Another good one is people gathering in large crowds to protest and set buildings on fire in numerous cities 8 months into a pandemic before the vaccine you mentioned was even available.

poppabk

Oh I agree that is another good example. Another good one is people gathering in large crowds to protest and set buildings on fire in numerous cities 8 months into a pandemic before the vaccine you mentioned was even available.
Sure were some crazy times. Gamestop wasn't even a blip, and was actually not even dumb - it was very clever for everyone who understood it wouldn't last forever.

Top Bottom