• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers: Top 10 Nintendo Systems

And the Wii had Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Metroid Prime Trilogy, each of which is better than any game on the Gamecube.
Between this and all the BC talk, I think people really don't understand the point of these lists. You know it's not meant to be a 2015 buyer's guide right? I mean, if the PS4's software library consisted of remasters of the entire PS3 catalog and nothing else, would you rank it above PS3 in one of these lists?

i really don't understand your "generation later" statement. Care to explain a bit better?
Releasing one generation later means that people had five more years to grow tired of the Mario Kart formula, Smash Bros. formula, Zelda formula, etc. You were wondering why so many people prefer GC's library and that's one possible big picture reason. (It's certainly a big factor for me personally.) If we get deep into specifics, it's just going to be list wars and come down to preference.

rjc571

Banned
Between this and all the BC talk, I think people really don't understand the point of these lists. You know it's not meant to be a 2015 buyer's guide right? I mean, if the PS4's software library consisted of remasters of the entire PS3 catalog and nothing else, would you rank it above PS3 in one of these lists?

If they featured massively improved controls, like RE4 and MP on the Wii? Of course I would.

batrush

Game Boy ahead of all of the other handhelds? N64 at #2? Couldn't help but laugh at this list. Reverse the order and swap the SNES with the Wii U.

Toxi

Banned
What exactly does the GC have over the Wii? Like you pointed out GC had Prime and RE4, a total of 2 really oputstanding games.
Uh, you forgot the best-selling game on the system.

Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png

Blues1990

I would have gone with the following for my Top 10 Nintendo Console list:

10. Game Boy
9. Game Cube
8. N64
7. Wii U
6. GBA
5. DS
4. NES
3. Wii
2. 3DS
1. SNES

People will give me flack for my choices, but the Nintendo 3DS is a rock-solid console with a great library of games, and I can easily see it being fondly remembered years down the road for that alone.

The Wii versions of RE4 and MP 1 and 2 made significant improvements to the games and weren't straight ports though

reKon

Banned
lol @ people saying that N64 is overrated. Yeah OK... it's only the console that was local multiplayer king... until the Gamecube came out.

Also, it gave us some great games that were revolutionary such as Zelda Ocarina of Time and Golden Eye/Perfect Dark. Also we got one of the best original/multiplayer brawler games ever created from it (Smash Bros) as well as one of the best racers of all time (Diddy Kong Racing).

Top Bottom