• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers's Kyle Bosman will do ONE HOUR stand-up routine in honor of E3 bets

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
kyledancestobloodbourne.gif

Neiteio

This should be effortless for him. I could watch an hour of him making funny faces at the camera and would be perfectly entertained.

UrbanRats

Dedicated thread, for maximum awkward humiliation.

No way he's getting together 1 hour of material in 4 weeks.
It's gonna be a fun train wreck, though.

wiibomb

I honestly don't even remember where this is from. Might be episode 38 of the Uncanny Final Bosman.

I totally forgot too.. and I can't check the GT page, only the cercenated playlist on youtube..

I only remember it was about a talk about the microsoft avatars and how they always try to look too cool and the Nintendo Miis being different

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
What? Twitch doesn't allow straight up stand up on their streams!

As explained in the Final Bets Results video, Huber will be playing a video game in the bottom corner of the screen while Bosman does his stand up so that they satisfy Twitch's video game requirement.

Duck Game would be a good one for this purpose. Just stand there doing lip-sync quacks with the routine, run around and jump off the level if a joke bombs, etc.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Maybe he'll film some Chappelle-style skits beforehand to break it up a bit

I wouldn't want them to be in-jokes from Final Bosman though

Hasney

Kyle is awesome. He's one of the few educated people left at game trailers. And he's funny to boot

Nah, the whole crew is amazing right now and they seem pretty educated. Ian needs a bloody degree to operate that TriCaster.

Heartfyre

With four weeks to make an hour of non-interactive comedy, it'll either be amazing, or terrible-good. Regardless, we, the viewers, are the winners, and we shall be entertained.

Skux

I watched the Final Bets video after E3 and I was grinning the whole time. Seeing Huber so convinced that Shenmue would be at E3, and Kyle saying there'd be no chance in hell it'd happen.

Here it is, the final bet starts at 21:30 https://youtu.be/6xFAHDc3LrQ

RedAssedApe

Banned
didn't really spoil anything. if you kept up with e3 coverage you would have know that huber was winning most of the bets that were worth extra points

whoaduh

Is there going to be a live audience there to help the show. would be really awkward for even the best of comedians if theres just silence after each joke.

Tregard

Soothsayer
mL2l7R.gif

I marathoners some Last Week a Tonight on a plane ride today and I was thinking about how great Kyle would be as a host of that show.

I look forward to seeing him performing standup to an empty room.

Mariolee

Huber
Bloodworth
Brandon Jones
The two people from Mandatory Update, whatever their names are.
and those other two or three people that showed up in the Final Bets trailer

It will be a packed house.

As a reasonably above average Gametrailers fan, I'm going to try to see if I can name most of them from memory:

Mike Huber
Daniel Bloodworth
Brandon Jones
Ian Hinck
Elyse Willems
Ben Moore
Brad Ellis
Don
Matt Blair
Andrea Rene
The Defy Media dude from Final Bets
Omar?

I'm probably missing a ton of people, but that's all I can name for now.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Huber
Daniel Bloodworth
Brandon Jones
Ian Hinck
Elyse Willems
Ben Moore
Brad Ellis
Don
Matt Blair
Andrea Rene
The Defy Media dude from Final Bets
Omar?

I'm probably missing a ton of people, but that's all I can name for now.

Buttons ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kyle is awesome. He's one of the few educated people left at game trailers. And he's funny to boot

After watching the GT Twitch stream all E3, you couldn't be more wrong.

These guys and gal are awesome. They put so much work and passion into everything.

But Bossman and Huber are definitely the stars of the show IMO

Thankfully there was nothing like "and you have to have the twitch comments fullscreen in front of your face while you do this." And half the crap twitch allows is nothing compared to an hour long standup special lol.

can't wait.

Huber should still get everyone on staff in the room with him.

Even though the specifics wasn't stated, Huber playing a game wasn't stated either (even if they need gameplay streaming because of TOS).

Top Bottom