• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Influences Episode 2 - Dan "Shoe" Hsu

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
coopolon said:
For some reason when I try to subscribe to the RSS feed using Google Listen, it loads up all 4 episodes you've done of Blogcast, one of which is with John Davison, but when I try to listen to it, it tells me, "An error occurred while playing this episode." The fact that the rss feed works fine in firefox seems to suggest it's not your fault though.

That's my old podcast, I have since removed those files and relaunched with the John Davison interview

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
stewy said:
My sentiments exactly. Very cool show. But don't ruin the idea by interviewing all the usual suspects. Get some guys and gals on there that don't make the podcast rounds every month or so.

I agree, I have contacted a few developers and some unknowns, so next week I will have a complete unknown, and I do plan to have a lot more freelance writers too.

GhaleonQ

Paul, do you listen to other interview shows? The BBC has no shortage of excellent ones, and I adore The Sound Of Young America. Your digressive tales, descriptions of your taste in games, sense of the interview's rhythm, and sense of the interviewee's willingness and ability to go deeper on a matter are off, I think. Maybe time limits constrained you. Also, you need to ask more specific questions. Dan said, "We'll see a move to smaller, more tightly budgeted games." This already happened with the DS and PSP. Games writers ignore them for iPhone and downloadable games. There was an obvious followup there ("Why do you play these instead of those? Why does the audience play those instead of these? What do you think about your differences?"). Practice makes perfect, of course, but I think that you could start from a better position. These 2 felt more like casual conversations you'd have upon meeting someone for the 1st time, not feature-style interviews.

They were still enjoyable, though. Obviously, no offense meant. Congratulations on your new podcasting project!

Top Bottom