• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 4: all the PC graphics options

dmix90

Gotta tweet it at Rod, man.

If enough people express interest they might look into it.
Input method filter should definitely be a thing on PC for competitive MP. I remember that original Crysis offered a checkbox for controller-only lobby. Yeah cheaters will probably still find a way to ruin experience but nothing going to stop them anyway. There should be a chance for gamepad only PC users to be competitive in those MP modes that do not have cross-play functionality with X1 users.

The Flash

Banned
Input method filter should definitely be a thing on PC for competitive MP. I remember that original Crysis offered a checkbox for controller-only lobby. Yeah cheaters will probably still find a way to ruin experience but nothing going to stop them anyway. There should be a chance for gamepad only PC users to be competitive in those MP modes that do not have cross-play functionality with X1 users.

Exactly. They might've already looked into and said to themselves that it wouldn't be worth it but who knows. I say it's worth a shot.

how about MP?

Nein

These are very impressive options: the two types of sharpening (you can do the same thing in modern Cryengine games), the advanced API options (tiled resources + async toggle), the resolution scaling, the AO intensity, the real time cutscene options, tooltips and measures for what settings effect which components and utilisation. God damn.

First Deus Ex and now this? It is nice to see devs finally get a hang of what PC gamers enjoy seeing in their options menus.
how about MP?

Do you want console players to get crushed horribly?

Can I play campaign on PC while my friends are on Xbox ?

Yes, well at least coop modes, dunno about competitive.

Looks, like MS trying to show UWP can make good games, let's see what's happens after release. Not sure they don't just add some option to only play against people with controllers, I think gtav did something similar, hmmmmmm.

Tyaren

Poor Xbox One only players. They will get a considerably worse looking game in comparison to the gorgeous PC version and that with a series that has back then always been an Xbox exclusive...

etta

my hard graphic balls
Poor Xbox One only players. They will get a considerably worse looking game in comparison to the gorgeous PC version and that with a series that has back then always been an Xbox exclusive...
Awwww, how cute.

Caayn

Employee: Sir, Sir...they're still complaining about options in our games.
The Spence: Options? Options?!!!! OPTIONS?!
Employee: ..uuuuhhh...yyyy...yeahh...yes sir.
The Spence: I'LL GIVE THEM SOME !@#$!%$! OPTIONS!!!! WHERE'S THE GEARS 4 TEAM AT?!
10/10
Congrats, you somehow managed to make a fanboy post in a thread about a graphical settings menu. I'm impressed.

Only an extremely petty person would get upset at this. Why would exposing the series to more people be a bad thing?

LowRoller

Might pick this up one day when it's cheap if it builds a good community. I would get it at launch but not after how quickly ultimate edition died.I'll stick with xbox for now. All these options are nice, I'll hopefully have a 1070 by then.

kodecraft

Small detail that could be easily overlooked.

At the bottom of the screen shows information how each individual setting will effect the CPU usage, GPU usage, and VRAM usage.

2dPuX.gif

This was done with Batman Arkham Knight, so it's good to see it here.

Also, UWP for the win. This isn't a port.

krang

Everybody really appreciates your concern.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

They do however get a MUCH larger multiplayer community. I don't see the general multiplayer community on PC for a MS Windows Store game being too big.

Bio-Frost

Anyword on splitscreen for PC? Mine is just hooked up to my tv so it would be silly if I had to buy my fiancee a copy just for us to co-op

Lister

Banned
Ironic that Microsft ends up putting out a PC game with what should be the model to follow for other devs in terms of game options?

I'm happy. And I sure hope other devs are paying attention.

Didn't know we can also play along side xbox one users, will finally get to play with my console only co-workers.

Yudoken

Why is there no option to play pad vs pad vs mode xplay between Xbox One and PC?

It's simple and should work fine.

beeswax

Not a port. Uwp. One game , two platforms

Let's not try and make out they just press "Compile XB1 version" and "Compile PC version" because UWP. Clearly a lot of additional work has gone into creating the PC version, enough to warrant it being called a port I believe.

Lkr

I'm really intrigued by the Mature Content and Gore toggles. I mean, isn't this a game where you can chainsaw enemies open? (I'm guessing based on past GoW games, so I could be wrong) I don't really know how you turn that off, and thus, I'm not really sure what those toggles would do. I guess everyone has different ideas of what those words mean. I'm very curious how the game is changed by them.

i think all games since the original have had those options, its definitely not new

Not for general PvP, for horde and coop single player yes (and multiplayer against bots)

That's weird. Did they say why?

Edit : Found the answer on the official website :

Versus: Train up your skills in Co-Op Versus with friends from either platform. To preserve the competitive nature of Gears and individual balance for each platform, Crossplay is not enabled in standard Versus multiplayer.

Papacheeks

Banned
Is it what's available to watch in 4k for pc version or just me, the game IQ wise does not look as impressive as I thought it would with all those options available for graphic changes.

Very nice, I'm pleasantly surprised and amazed that they've put this much work into the PC version.

Turn 10 and the Coalition have done a great job with their PC versions. Great stuff!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
That's weird. Did they say why?

Mouse and KB is just faster than gamepad and has been shown they would had a clear advantage over controller users. Personally I wouldn't mind a controller only mode to let me play with everyone but I'm guessing it's probably harder to stop folks from getting around it on PC.

WadeitOut

Woah @ the reaction to my post. O:

Guess that was my first bait/shitpost then. :/
That was actually not my intention. Why are you guys so upset about it?

It was a dumb comment regardless of intent.

PC version of a game that also exists on a console has the potential to look better?!?! No wai!

spannicus

Shit why you buy one version and you get the other free. Sure more people would probably play multi on x1 anyway.

Mouse and KB is just faster than gamepad and has been shown they would had a clear advantage over controller users. Personally I wouldn't mind a controller only mode to let me play with everyone but I'm guessing it's probably harder to stop folks from getting around it on PC.

Yeah, I was picturing myself playing with a controller. Forgot about the mouse and keyboard lol

Top Bottom