• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

Kosma

Banned
Riptwo said:
Here's hoping for some flashback sequences so that they can bring back The Mighty Carmine.

With the amount of HP everyone had in GOW Carmine seems like a) a total noob b) undergeared or c) both

JimiNutz

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
The ones that were in the PC version, you mean? Those were sort of shit, actually. They felt out of place, and had shit like "activate the three switches to open door" littered about. Not very impressive.

But I hear that fighting the Brumak was badass

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So...this is real?

FUCK YES.

AHAGHAGGHAGHGAHHAGHAGHAG. Gears was the best game ever. I put countless hours into the MP and the Co Op was awesome.

4 Player co op !

Z3F

Banned
Why're so many people down on Killzone 2? I haven't been keeping track of it. Hasn't it been progressing nicely since last E3? At least, in terms of visuals, I would think that KZ2 has the best chance of being #1 although Gears 2 could change my mind.

I sincerely hope they stick with real screens when they promote this one. As awesome as Gears looks, not even the PC version matches the promotional material. :/

Z3F said:
Why're so many people down on Killzone 2? I haven't been keeping track of it. Hasn't it been progressing nicely since last E3? At least, in terms of visuals, I would think that KZ2 has the best chance of being #1 although Gears 2 could change my mind.

Killzone 2 looks remarkable, artistically and technically. And that along with its wonderfully marketable presentation will make it a big game. I just don't think the game will actually end up being worth the hype.

Doc Evils

19:11:29 -

You can now do lots more things on-screen. Tech demo with "over 100" Locust enemies running around a typical Gears of War environment. Calm down. Water stuff has been improved, he says. Realistic specular and environment bits or something. More realistic splashes, sound effects. It certainly looks a bit special with rolling waves, etc.

That's a major improvement.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
AltogetherAndrews said:
Killzone 2 looks remarkable, artistically and technically. And that along with its wonderfully marketable presentation will make it a big game. I just don't think the game will actually end up being worth the hype.

perhaps, but i think that'll still be a fun game regardless. I liked the first one, so it can't possibly be worse than it since Sony is pumping a ton of money into it.

the only thing is that Killzone 2 had better come out before November....unless they're planning on having 2 huge shooters competing against each other on purpose to (now that its announced) combat Gears of War 2...

i don't know, lots of marketing stuff going on that i couldn't figure out myself.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
AltogetherAndrews said:

really, anyone who isn't catching on Killzone 2 is in my opinion dead inside or just anti-sony. As much as Halo 3 deserved hype, this deserves 3x that. It might turn out to be an average title, look at Halo 3, but at least it will be showing off what can be done on a system technically more so than any other title to date. And judging the gameplay from viewing the videos, it looks like a shitload of fun.

Killzone is outside of MGS4 and GearsOW2 my most anticipated game.

Borys

Banned
Pics:

113619.jpg

http://n4g.com/events_gdc2008/News-113613.aspx

Z3F

Banned
They're going to have to change the game drastically if GOW2's going to have tons of enemies. I can't see how cover and shoot gameplay will work with more than 6-10 enemies at a time.

Consider me Excited. Gears was a fun game.

But I still play Rainbow Six: Vegas to this day. That was the best game of 2006, imo. Really underrated. Great community, and addicting multiplayer.

MCD

davepoobond said:
ehhh its probably not good to make judgements on blurry screenshots that aren't even direct feed, but that looks pretty much the same as the first one

i guess except for water, since there wasn't much of that in the first one.
that's not Gears 2.

just some unreal engine 3 tech show with new effects.

Tiktaalik

FFChris said:
What about?

Wasn't Shane insisting on the 1up yours podcast that Gears 2 was going to be announced at GDC, but other folks on the podcast were disagreeing, saying that GDC wasn't the sort of place to make announcements?

I guess it doesn't matter since GAF believed Shane and was hyping up Gears 2 anyway.

I am excited for this. Gears is one of my favorite games on the 360 and I hope the sequel is more than just more of Gears of War, like some actual new creative stuff in there also.

I want to see an exosuit level where you go fist to fist with a Berserker.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This is great news! I loved the original game and have been hoping for a sequel. It's a shame there won't be a PC version released on the same date, as Gears is awesome on the PC (60 fps FTW), but I certainly won't scoff at a 360 release as the solid 30 fps of the original was more than acceptable.

Top Bottom