• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 - Lots of new info from Game Informer

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
nasagoal said:
awesome graphics oO oO oO

what the lol was Uncharted :lol :lol :lol
... wow.

FrankT

just tray said:
No I mean best looking on any console. Gears 2 will set the bar for graphics just like the first Gears did. Keep in mind that we still don't know alot about Gears 2 but from what I see, nothing compares.

Yup that is pretty much what the GI guys said on their recent podcast. It will indeed set the bar again.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
nasagoal said:
awesome graphics oO oO oO

what the lol was Uncharted :lol :lol :lol

Uncharted was that game that looks awesome, now you know what it is.

Also, GOW2 looks awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CliffyB said:
There's plenty of Baird and Gus in the game, I assure you.
IT SPOKE!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
CliffyB said:
Hey Cliffy, I just got UT3 PC (such an awesome game). What would you say looks better UT3 @ max or GeOW 2. I run UT3 @ 1280x800 noAA so there is no much resolution difference. I am talking about geometry, texture detail and animations, what looks better?

CliffyB said:

shawn.gif

szaromir

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Hey Cliffy, I just got UT3 PC (such an awesome game). What would you say looks better UT3 @ max or GeOW 2. I run UT3 @ 1280x800 noAA so there is no much resolution difference. I am talking about geometry, texture detail and animations, what looks better?
Do you honestly expect him to answer that?

Yoshichan

godhandiscen said:

UT3 of course
(hey, I'm doing this to pull him out)

Wizman23

Banned
Hey Cliffy when are we gonna get some good screens/articles on this game from the likes of some gaming sites? I hope we don't have to wait until E3!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Dark Octave said:
:lol @ how Cliffy comes in and says one sentence with already obvious info, and you all start choking on his snub pistol.

Choking on his snub pistol? Okay, who the fuck invited Diablo Cody to this thread?

WrikaWrek

Banned
godhandiscen said:

Jesus christ.

Use your brain.

tha_con

Banned
I hope this game sports some really nice open environments. The first one, as well as Uncharted, reallly left me wanting a lot in terms of open environments.

I'm definitely looking forward to Gears 2 campaign being better than the first game's, but my biggest concerns lie in the multiplayer. Can't wait until Epic blows the lid off Gears 2's multiplayer.

Aladuf

Banned
I just saw this on the Epic forums and I had never seen it before... someone found a early prototype video from the Limited Edition Gears 1 bonus disc that showed chainsaw battles. It kinda gives us an idea for where they might be headed with these battles. Looks pretty damn cool actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0urR7MUHUU8

TDG

Banned
LTTP, but those Snow pictures look awesome. Battling the Locust in a snowy village: yes please!

I just got the GI issue today, GOW2 looks awesome. I really cannot wait for this game. I love GOW, but the online was SO disappointing. Fix the multiplayer, give me more of the great gameplay, and I will be in bliss. :D

I was playing some Gears earlier and just started wondering why locusts see the COG symbol once they're downed / die. In the sequel they should see that cross symbol they use, right?

Aladuf

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Am I the only one who thinks Chainsaw battles are a retarded idea? Saying that as a huge Gears fan.

I like the idea because it seems like it'll cut out some of the randomness that happens when 2 people are revving their saws and one of them magically gets the kill.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Some new GOW2 tidbots from Mike Capps at the NY Comic-Con - best part is where he all but confirms 4-player co-op...

A shame that the othe Mike Capps thread got closed because the Wii nonsense, because it was a really good interview that I didn't get to discuss... oh well...

http://www.cincity2000.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1181&Itemid=309

Dark Octave said:
:lol @ how Cliffy comes in and says one sentence with already obvious info, and you all start choking on his snub pistol.

Real late with this response but what the hell is up with you? That's what a little gratitude for a direct answer from him seems like to you?

Okay.

Top Bottom