• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 - Rise of the Horde drops June 6th

VeeP

Xbox will go from 91GB to 78.5GB
PC will go from 125GB to 93GB

Wow! Great news. Tbh, I'm pretty busy these days so I haven't had time to go into Gears 4 yet. But it's been annoying seeing the size on my hard drive decrease each month. The last update didn't even download because I didn't have enough space on my HDD.

aBarreras

Update is so big, but that's a lot of stuff.

the reason is so big is because it includes all the other updates, with a better compression method.

i had to ask my mom to update the game, because i want to play it today, and at the time i arrive at home after work and with my internet speed it wouldnt be possible.

love my mom

Gestault

I still cant believe horde mode cannot be played offline, that is game preservation for you.

Wait, what? I'm just about 100% sure I've played horde just fine offline, including split-screen. Has this changed (or am I remembering wrong)?

Mupod

their patch notes list vague multi-gpu improvements but I might be the only person in the world trying to play this with an SLI setup. Haven't had a chance to test out the new update yet, but I was curious if anyone else knows what they did.

aBarreras

now that the hype is gone, this fucking update is NOTHING

15 new skills that you probably wont have because the loot system

no new enemies,no new weapons, no new characters, no new options to play horde, nothing like 10.20,30 waves run, or join in progress,

just the fucking energy indicator and thats it

2 old maps that i already played religously on gears 2 and 3.

ironan is kinda cool but i will probably never touch it.

i was so hyped for this, but now that it is here, its fucking nothing.

aBarreras

ALSO, if i need 20 fucking cards to level 6 skills, make do the 20 in just one click motherfuckers

like if the creation animation wasnt slow as fuck

Moofers

I still cant believe horde mode cannot be played offline, that is game preservation for you.

Wait, what? I'm just about 100% sure I've played horde just fine offline, including split-screen. Has this changed (or am I remembering wrong)?

Jacqil has the right of it. Previous Gears games allowed for offline Horde, but Gears 4 requires a connection to the server for it, even when playing a private game.

now that the hype is gone, this fucking update is NOTHING

15 new skills that you probably wont have because the loot system

no new enemies,no new weapons, no new characters, no new options to play horde, nothing like 10.20,30 waves run, or join in progress,

just the fucking energy indicator and thats it

2 old maps that i already played religously on gears 2 and 3.

ironan is kinda cool but i will probably never touch it.

i was so hyped for this, but now that it is here, its fucking nothing.

Your post sounds really negative, but god damn if I don't find myself in agreement for the most part. I fired it up yesterday and realized that while the new skills are very nice and in case of the Sniper and Soldier were very much needed for making the classes viable, the main meat is always enemies and weapons and variety, which is what the mode lacks most in Gears 4.

It also sorely needs a way to speed it up. No scoreboards between waves would go a long way for example, (just do them after a boss wave) but that didn't happen and neither did the shorter commitment options for a 10,20, or 30 wave session. I realize the more options we have the more split the player base will become, but I think they should tie difficulty options to these length selections. For example, casual goes private only, normal is 10 waves, hardcore is 20 waves, insane is 50, etc. Something like that. The game needs it ever so badly right now.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I think the improvements are great but they need to go harder at this.

aBarreras

Jacqil has the right of it. Previous Gears games allowed for offline Horde, but Gears 4 requires a connection to the server for it, even when playing a private game.

Your post sounds really negative, but god damn if I don't find myself in agreement for the most part. I fired it up yesterday and realized that while the new skills are very nice and in case of the Sniper and Soldier were very much needed for making the classes viable, the main meat is always enemies and weapons and variety, which is what the mode lacks most in Gears 4.

It also sorely needs a way to speed it up. No scoreboards between waves would go a long way for example, (just do them after a boss wave) but that didn't happen and neither did the shorter commitment options for a 10,20, or 30 wave session. I realize the more options we have the more split the player base will become, but I think they should tie difficulty options to these length selections. For example, casual goes private only, normal is 10 waves, hardcore is 20 waves, insane is 50, etc. Something like that. The game needs it ever so badly right now.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I think the improvements are great but they need to go harder at this.

i love the game, and was hyped as fuck to play yesterday, and when i started playing, it was more of the same!

i know things have changed but man, to be called "the biggest update to horde ever" and to feel exactly the same as last week horde is big fucking reality check.

we need more weapons, enemies, fortifications, classes or something.

For XBox, I'm pretty sure you need Xbox Live Gold to get into Horde, I remember people complaining about no offline mode early on unless they did an update. I used to play solo Horde to see how far I can go, but always had Live so didn't effect me.

Gestault

I don't think you can, it uses cloud servers for enemy AI.

For XBox, I'm pretty sure you need Xbox Live Gold to get into Horde, I remember people complaining about no offline mode early on unless they did an update. I used to play solo Horde to see how far I can go, but always had Live so didn't effect me.

Sonavagun, I hadn't realized. Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Game is on sale for $20 where I live, worth it for the campaign?

I've played the first two quite extensively but I can't invest time in Co-op or Multiplayer anymore, so just the campaign run.

Theorry

Game is on sale for $20 where I live, worth it for the campaign?

I've played the first two quite extensively but I can't invest time in Co-op or Multiplayer anymore, so just the campaign run.

I think so. But the game will have a trial starting tomorrow. You can play the first act then. See if you like it.

GreyWind

packpreview_newcarmine-e086ecdd99c943be8b60a193fcd800cd.jpg

The Carmine Brothers are reunited in the Carmine Gear Pack!

Clayton Carmine triumphantly returns to Gears of War multiplayer to prove he’s the ultimate Grub Killer – and he’s joined by living versions of Anthony and Benjamin Carmine!

The Carmine Gear Pack is out now for 2000 Credits / $4.99 USD until Monday! This release also comes with the added option of the Carmine Mega Pack - a 10 Card Gear Pack that offers a guaranteed Carmine character and less duplicates compared to opening two separate Gear Packs. Mega Pack bundles begin at $9.99 USD.

Additionally, every Carmine Gear Pack has a chance to find this month's Craftable Character early - the Spectre Swarm Imago!

Clayton Carmine
Benjamin Carmine
Anthony Carmine

Weapon Skins
Carmine
King Raven

Emblems
Carmine

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/carmine-gear-pack

Top Bottom